Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Education in Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Education in Armenia

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
    Do you understand the difference between being a tool/wage-slave and being financially secure? If you have the latter you are successful in most people's minds in our age and in previous times too. Schools do NOT teach pupils how to be financially secure, how to think for themselves. The creative exercises are not meant to allow people to be free thinking, that is dangerous to governments because an informed and educated citizenry is much less likely to put up with all the bs that governments in the West and in other parts regularly bathe in. Do you understand the point I am trying to make or are you just arguing for arguments sake?
    Thinking for oneself requires a person to have enough information to form an opinion and most people don't have the ability or the will to do that. There is no grand conspiracy going on against people.
    Success in the eyes of other people do not count, every person has different view of success. For one person it is to be happy, for an other to own their own farm. Success is such an subjective term and differs so much from person to person.

Schools can not teach you how to be financially secure. That is something that cannot be thought. There are people who like to party and waste their money on going to parties and getting drunk, how can you teach such a person on how to be financially secure? Or do you have even have the right to do that? School should be more about passing down the needed knowledge down to the right people.

And in the West most of the West don't mind their own governments and the things that they are doing, the only thing they mind are the small details. Go on the street and talk to people and you will see that only small details all are that matter. Does not matter what kind of education they got or their ideology. Now you can argue that they are being brainwashed by government, I would say government doesn't care about the people because only a small majority makes the rule. Only a small majority wants and can be a leader. Most people in the West like the way their lives are going right now and don't really mind much except the details.

Comment

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
      Thinking for oneself requires a person to have enough information to form an opinion and most people don't have the ability or the will to do that. There is no grand conspiracy going on against people.
      Success in the eyes of other people do not count, every person has different view of success. For one person it is to be happy, for an other to own their own farm. Success is such an subjective term and differs so much from person to person.

Schools can not teach you how to be financially secure. That is something that cannot be thought. There are people who like to party and waste their money on going to parties and getting drunk, how can you teach such a person on how to be financially secure? Or do you have even have the right to do that? School should be more about passing down the needed knowledge down to the right people.

And in the West most of the West don't mind their own governments and the things that they are doing, the only thing they mind are the small details. Go on the street and talk to people and you will see that only small details all are that matter. Does not matter what kind of education they got or their ideology. Now you can argue that they are being brainwashed by government, I would say government doesn't care about the people because only a small majority makes the rule. Only a small majority wants and can be a leader. Most people in the West like the way their lives are going right now and don't really mind much except the details.
      It is because these same governments are the ones that allow the culture where partying and getting drunk are acceptable. They have brainwashed their populations to be good tools, to eat, work, sh*t, and sleep. 100 years ago it was very bad to be called a drunk or be drunk in public in any European country, not the mores of Western culture have been overthrown by mass produced and populist MTV culture which is purely about the material and the basest animal instincts of man. If you want to teach kids to play silly but 'fun' games in elementary school instead of memorizing poems fine, but to act as if the Western education system isn't part of the reason why the West is so decadent and on the decline is incorrect.
      My point is very valid, but now I know for a fact you are just being dense and arguing for arguments sake.
      For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
      to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

It is because these same governments are the ones that allow the culture where partying and getting drunk are acceptable. They have brainwashed their populations to be good tools, to eat, work, sh*t, and sleep. 100 years ago it was very bad to be called a drunk or be drunk in public in any European country, not the mores of Western culture have been overthrown by mass produced and populist MTV culture which is purely about the material and the basest animal instincts of man. If you want to teach kids to play silly but 'fun' games in elementary school instead of memorizing poems fine, but to act as if the Western education system isn't part of the reason why the West is so decadent and on the decline is incorrect.
        My point is very valid, but now I know for a fact you are just being dense and arguing for arguments sake.
        I just don't agree with your views that is it. And your point is the same you have made almost in every thread look how bad the west is. Even when history shows that the West hasn't changed at all, it still has its great thinkers and ordinary people like it does today.
        Why not go back 200 years or even before that, there was a time in America where drinking was seen something masculine. The more you were drinking the more masculine you were and an alcoholic became president. It seems that you talk about people thinking for themselves but when people do that and don't agree with your views you get offended.
        And the culture in Armenia is so much better with all the tough guys in the streets and I am ashamed of my own city and what it was in the past. You love to talk how bad the West is and how decadent it has become. When you look at the history of the West you can see that nothing has changed the only thing has changed is how many people have access to the culture. Kids today in Europe are more likely to stay with the same partner compared to ten years ago. But this nothing to do with education.
        So what does a kid of 7 know about poems? The only thing a kid sees is that they are forced to study something by heart and not the beauty or the complexity of the poem, sometimes they don't even understand the reason behind the poem. Culture can not be forced down peoples pipe holes.

Comment

I just don't agree with your views that is it. And your point is the same you have made almost in every thread look how bad the west is. Even when history shows that the West hasn't changed at all, it still has its great thinkers and ordinary people like it does today.
          Why not go back 200 years or even before that, there was a time in America where drinking was seen something masculine. The more you were drinking the more masculine you were and an alcoholic became president. It seems that you talk about people thinking for themselves but when people do that and don't agree with your views you get offended.
          And the culture in Armenia is so much better with all the tough guys in the streets and I am ashamed of my own city and what it was in the past. You love to talk how bad the West is and how decadent it has become. When you look at the history of the West you can see that nothing has changed the only thing has changed is how many people have access to the culture. Kids today in Europe are more likely to stay with the same partner compared to ten years ago. But this nothing to do with education.
          So what does a kid of 7 know about poems? The only thing a kid sees is that they are forced to study something by heart and not the beauty or the complexity of the poem, sometimes they don't even understand the reason behind the poem. Culture can not be forced down peoples pipe holes.

That's cause more and more you are part of the brain washed masses I am referring to. Your atheism also stems from the fact that you grew up in the uber-liberal country of Belgium. I don't get offended when people do not agree with me, what offends me is when people act dense so as to continue a debate that really has seen its course to the end. If you really do not see that governments do not have an interest in a well educated population, Western or not, then that is just a manifestation of a failing in your perception of world history and current events.

The West has changed quite a bit. What we have in the West now is nothing to what it used to be during its glory years in the Late Middle Ages and the Renaissance. The West has turned its back on its Classical and Christian heritage. We can ascribe this change to two civil wars, WWI and WWII. What great thinkers in the West? Moreover, what great thinkers in general? Other than the sciences, what great literary artists does the West have? What does the West offer now except for the new religion of 'democracy'? What I value and treasure is the Classical West, not the modern anti-patriotic, anti-religious, and anti-personal liberty regimes that govern most European nations.

The culture in Armenia needs changing too, but it certainly does not need to be like what the West is now. Armenia at least has an excuse for why it is f*cked up culturally, 1000 years of Mongol, Islamic, Arab, Turkish rule! What is the excuse of the West to willingly turn its back on its heritage? When the EU constitution is hundreds of pages and yet it fails to make a single mention of Europe's Christian past, that signals something to me.

The only people forcing culture on others, that is mass produced MTV culture, are the social engineers in Brussels and their willing partners in the European capitals. Europe is killing itself and I will not be shedding a tear for them. If you think the West is so great and wonderful then why the effort to move to Armenia? Perhaps it would be best for you to stay in Belgium and contribute to the 'advancement' of their Bolshevik ideals.

Read this book if you want to learn more.
          Last edited by Armanen; 02-29-2012, 12:14 PM.
          For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
          to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

And what is the problem with criticizing?
            KarotheMediocre, you have no problem with criticising unless it's directed at yourself.
            If you want to dish it out, accept it when it comes back your way. nearly every one of your posts criticises Armenia, boy am I glad you don't live there.
            Or do you think everything in Armenia is perfect and cannot be improved? I think the problem is that some people don't think criticise enough and accept everything as it is. Ofcourse the corruption is hearsay and it is not like that PWC asked me not to provide anymore Armenian candidates for the paid internship they have open. The reason they don't want candidates from Armenian is because they don't trust their degrees.
            Another promotional post for the company you work for..........................can we all open their twitter/facebook pages too?
            Personal attacks, is that the best you can do? Because it just shows your own level of thinking and what kind of person you really.
            See above regards criticism, my reply to you was actually tongue in cheek but you've obviously had a senseofhumourectomy. You need to get over yourself and realise you have no idea of the kind of person I am. FYI, I am a patriot who does not, will not be influenced by turcish propaganda or influences. Can you say the same?

Comment

That's cause more and more you are part of the brain washed masses I am referring to. Your atheism also stems from the fact that you grew up in the uber-liberal country of Belgium. I don't get offended when people do not agree with me, what offends me is when people act dense so as to continue a debate that really has seen its course to the end. If you really do not see that governments do not have an interest in a well educated population, Western or not, then that is just a manifestation of a failing in your perception of world history and current events.

The West has changed quite a bit. What we have in the West now is nothing to what it used to be during its glory years in the Late Middle Ages and the Renaissance. The West has turned its back on its Classical and Christian heritage. We can ascribe this change to two civil wars, WWI and WWII. What great thinkers in the West? Moreover, what great thinkers in general? Other than the sciences, what great literary artists does the West have? What does the West offer now except for the new religion of 'democracy'? What I value and treasure is the Classical West, not the modern anti-patriotic, anti-religious, and anti-personal liberty regimes that govern most European nations.

The culture in Armenia needs changing too, but it certainly does not need to be like what the West is now. Armenia at least has an excuse for why it is f*cked up culturally, 1000 years of Mongol, Islamic, Arab, Turkish rule! What is the excuse of the West to willingly turn its back on its heritage? When the EU constitution is hundreds of pages and yet it fails to make a single mention of Europe's Christian past, that singles something to me.

The only people forcing culture on others, that is mass produced MTV culture, are the social engineers in Brussels and their willing partners in the European capitals. Europe is killing itself and I will not be shedding a tear for them. If you think the West is so great and wonderful then why the effort to move to Armenia? Perhaps it would be best for you to stay in Belgium and contribute to the 'advancement' of their Bolshevik ideals.

It's the era of political correctness and also fear of national pride following WW2 that has set in Europe. Not to mention the failed policy of multicultural that intents to create artificial societies that can't work in a place like Europe. When Europe realises that its ideals in the past decades have been misguided, it will be too late. Unfortunately some of these failing liberal ideals are trying to make their way into Armenian society and it makes me shiver that Armenian society would one day turn its back on our Christian heritage, family values, and patriotism. We need to be more awake.
              Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
              ---
              "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by hrai View Post
                KarotheMediocre, you have no problem with criticising unless it's directed at yourself.
                If you want to dish it out, accept it when it comes back your way. nearly every one of your posts criticises Armenia, boy am I glad you don't live there.

Another promotional post for the company you work for..........................can we all open their twitter/facebook pages too?

See above regards criticism, my reply to you was actually tongue in cheek but you've obviously had a senseofhumourectomy. You need to get over yourself and realise you have no idea of the kind of person I am. FYI, I am a patriot who does not, will not be influenced by turcish propaganda or influences. Can you say the same?
                There was no critiszim the only thing there was is personal attack and like I said the only things those personal attacks show is your own level as a person nothing more.

Right, so I don't agree with you and that is why I am brain washed? It seems that with my Atheism I reached the same conclusion as most of the great thinkers of the world. Governments interest in educating the population is totally different from the interest you are trying to give it.

Ofcourse it has changed, everything changes. And are we thinking about the same age were people were slaughtering each other because they didn't believe in the same rituals? Is it that time you want to go back too? Where you could be killed if you believed in the wrong kind of religion and were the ordinary person didn't even have rights? I think you are confusing patriotism with nationalism. A patriot will fight to improve his country while a nationalist will fight to preserve everything and I am an Armenian patriot. I see that our education system is broken and needs to be fixed, and I raise the issue in the way that it is available to me. You are the one who brought all the BS about culture and everything in this thread and not me. And if you want to know my political stance, in the American system I would be Jeforsinian/Rockefeller Republican.

The culture in Armenia needs changing too, but it certainly does not need to be like what the West is now. Armenia at least has an excuse for why it is f*cked up culturally, 1000 years of Mongol, Islamic, Arab, Turkish rule! What is the excuse of the West to willingly turn its back on its heritage? When the EU constitution is hundreds of pages and yet it fails to make a single mention of Europe's Christian past, that signals something to me.
                They didn't turn, they took it and build upon it. Or have you forgotten the enlightenment and the French Revolution that both were anti established religion and the French revolution was even anti-religious. So it is very normal for Europe not to include religion. And government should stay out of religion and religion should stay out of government. If someone wants to believe that is their private business and no government has the right to get involved in something so private as religion.

Can you tell me who is forcing MTV culture upon you? Who is stopping you from doing something different than MTV tells you? And look at the 60's and 70's and compare it to today you will see that people today are more conservative than 40-50 years ago. Right wing parties are winning elections all over Europe, so can you tell me where this 'Bolshevik' ideal is happening? You are giving the government too much credit.

Comment

Originally posted by hrai View Post

Maybe you should listen to him. He seems to have a better grasp of the rules of the forum. When a person makes a joke which another misinterprets and as such takes offense, the *right* (read: decent, appropriate, moral, etc.) thing to do is to apologize for the misunderstanding and explain/clear up the confusion. Instead what you have done is insult him again with this play on his user name. I think this act more clearly reflects your true intentions because had you not intended to insult him, you would not then have done it *again.*
                  [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
                  -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

I criticize what the west is doing more then most people - even more then most in this forum but to say that Armenia has nothing to learn from the west is simply idiotic. The biggest problem Armenians have is that most look at culture as something static that needs to stay the same but in reality culture is a evolving phenomenon that is destyned to change and must do so to stay relevant. I think Armenians in the diaspora put all their eggs in the wrong basket - they try to preserve instead of progress. Religion already has a way tighter grasp around the neck of armenian culture then it should and people need to understand that religion is not what makes armenians armenian-it is a part of our culture but only a part and i do not see it as a good part either. Armenia has declined as a civilization since adopting christianity to the point of almost going extinct yet we are quick to attribute everything good to it and absolve it of all things bad. Being Armenian has to be about more then staying chrystian or preserving the past-it has to be about growth and progress-otherwise u may as well write the armenian obituary now.
                    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
                      I criticize what the west is doing more then most people - even more then most in this forum but to say that Armenia has nothing to learn from the west is simply idiotic. The biggest problem Armenians have is that most look at culture as something static that needs to stay the same but in reality culture is a evolving phenomenon that is destyned to change and must do so to stay relevant. I think Armenians in the diaspora put all their eggs in the wrong basket - they try to preserve instead of progress. Religion already has a way tighter grasp around the neck of armenian culture then it should and people need to understand that religion is not what makes armenians armenian-it is a part of our culture but only a part and i do not see it as a good part either. Armenia has declined as a civilization since adopting christianity to the point of almost going extinct yet we are quick to attribute everything good to it and absolve it of all things bad. Being Armenian has to be about more then staying chrystian or preserving the past-it has to be about growth and progress-otherwise u may as well write the armenian obituary now.
                      Well that's more subjective given your nonreligious beliefs. I think Christianity has played a major role in Armenian identity, culture and history. It's helped preserve our identity and united Armenians. The Armenian Church should be highly respected and help as integral part to Armenian identity. We can learn good lessons from the West regarding economics/governance, but certain cultural things like radical Feminism, anti-family values, sexual revolution, satanic cults, need to be rejected or else they will destroy Armenian culture.
                      Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                      ---
                      "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Working...
                      X