Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Lala land

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lala land

I was in LA this weekend for a wedding and i took some time to check the city out. I never liked LA it just looked like a gynormous overgrown village to me with horrendous traffic and that has not changed. I took a stroll through downtown Glendale and i really liked what i saw there. It was late evening and the place was very alive with people and their families shopping/dinning/walking/playing..it was a real delight to see what we can build. The thing that attracts me to LA is knowing that my son would much more easily maintain his Armenian heritage here and he could easily make Armenian friends and perhaps meet his future wife here...but of course there are many other reasons why i do not want to be there. It was refreshing to be wearing shorts and a teeshirt in the middle of winter for a guy from Michigan but at the same time the weather seems to have negative effect to. It is the same weather everyday there and this sameness seems to have dulling effect on the mind(my mind atleast). I do not know if this just happens to me or if this is common to people who visit there or to people who live there but the weather or something in it(maybe the polluted air?) seems to have a dumbing down effect on you. Another thing i notices is unreal expectations especially from people who had no legal status - perhaps it was just all wishful thinking on their part but hearing some of the things people were talking about was funny and sad at the same time. I know we have members here who have a lot more experience in LA then i do so opening a new thread on this city seems like the right thing to do so we can talk about this place that so many Armenians have decided to call their home.
    Hayastan or Bust.

Re: Lala land

Glendale has changed quite a bit over the last ten years. Armenians here used to be pretty down on the city, but I think everyone has started to realize what a quality place it is to live. Other than the perfect weather and prime location, near Hollywood, the beach, Downtown LA, UCLA/USC, Big Bear, etc, the people of the city are pretty special too. It the safest mid-sized city in America , has very high quality schools, and culturally it is a mini Armenia (wait for negative Bell comment here). I think it says a little something about us that we've turned this Neo-Nazi city of the 60's and 70's into such a desirable place. As far as the weather, I don't know what you're talking about lol, after traveling to the Midwest/Canada/East Coast, I can safely say I'm never leaving California again unless its for Armenia.

Comment

Armenia has all 4 seasons Mher LA really does not. You should come to Michigan i can take you ice fishing here lol. Who cares what that self righteous cat thinks anyways he is full of himself...let him choke on his fur ball.
      Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
        I was in LA this weekend for a wedding and i took some time to check the city out. I never liked LA it just looked like a gynormous overgrown village to me with horrendous traffic and that has not changed. I took a stroll through downtown Glendale and i really liked what i saw there. It was late evening and the place was very alive with people and their families shopping/dinning/walking/playing..it was a real delight to see what we can build. The thing that attracts me to LA is knowing that my son would much more easily maintain his Armenian heritage here and he could easily make Armenian friends and perhaps meet his future wife here...
        There was a time I would lay down on middle of Colorado Blvd at night stoned and no cars running me over,......Brand blvd was just normal streetand hotrod races where almost everywhere . The real South and North were both eventually taken over by Armenians and the whole city cleaned up and grew as a rich city.....became too busy for me so I left to the mountains.....we Armenians belong to mountains, used to be no Armenians but now we are almost majority and own most shops here in the hills.

but of course there are many other reasons why i do not want to be there. It was refreshing to be wearing shorts and a teeshirt in the middle of winter for a guy from Michigan but at the same time the weather seems to have negative effect to. It is the same weather everyday there and this sameness seems to have dulling effect on the mind(my mind atleast). I do not know if this just happens to me or if this is common to people who visit there or to people who live there but the weather or something in it(maybe the polluted air?) seems to have a dumbing down effect on you. Another thing i notices is unreal expectations especially from people who had no legal status - perhaps it was just all wishful thinking on their part but hearing some of the things people were talking about was funny and sad at the same time. I know we have members here who have a lot more experience in LA then i do so opening a new thread on this city seems like the right thing to do so we can talk about this place that so many Armenians have decided to call their home.
        This is why I live in the Angeles Crest....the mountain has tried to take my life several times already but we have an understanding see.

You should have let me know Haykakan....I would haave taken you shooting range or desert run. and you cant beat Kamifornia weather.
        B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

I will let you know next time Eddo. I was with the wife and had to meet too many people so had no time this time around. I would love to see the countryside or whatever natural beauty there is to see there but bringing my Marlin on the airplane might be problamatic plus i need to find the correct rounds for it-i think i need to get remington rounds - i tried these other high quality rounds and they shoot like xxxx-it seems every gun has a round it prefers and hates all the others.
          Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
            I will let you know next time Eddo. I was with the wife and had to meet too many people so had no time this time around. I would love to see the countryside or whatever natural beauty there is to see
            Let me know for sure, I give you my number give me a call welcome to my house and we leave the wifes to do their own thing......don't worry about bringing your rifle, I got more than enough for a small defense team, you pick your flavor and caliber.

there but bringing my Marlin on the airplane might be problamatic plus i need to find the correct rounds for it-i think i need to get remington rounds - i tried these other high quality rounds and they shoot like xxxx-it seems every gun has a round it prefers and hates all the others.
            One of these days I will have to get into reloading....then you can make your own round perfected for your rifle and distance you normally shoot for best penetration. If you are Hunter then you want to kill your target quick (and thank him for his offering) instead of wounding the poor thing and endup dying somewhere you can never find/track.
            I gave up hunting long ago.....but I always ate my kill (one had warts so I didn't).

brw, just so you know, there are no problems bringing guns with you traveling with airlines. Most have the same rules, you let them know about it, it is in a case with a lock, no ammo.....it is also up to you to make sure you don't violate any stupid state laws in Kamifornia like magazine capacity restrictions or so forth.

One of the best way to never ever get your luggage lost by airlines is to declare a weapon.....they tag it, track it and ob connecting flights call you in to open it and check everything is OK. lol

What caliber is your Marlin?
            B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
              ...so I left to the mountains.

This is why I live in the Angeles Crest....the mountain has tried to take my life several times already but we have an understanding see.
              The Angeles National Forest goes all the way to Arcadia and there are very few cabins/homes actually *in* the forest, but I am going to venture a guess that this means "I moved from Glendale proper to the Crescenta Valley area." Did I crack the code?
              [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
              -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Further north, Tujunga canyons.....still LA county but my backdoor is fire roads, trails, coyote bens.....you can see all the way to valley 2 min hike.
                B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
                  Further north, Tujunga canyons.....still LA county but my backdoor is fire roads, trails, coyote bens.....you can see all the way to valley 2 min hike.
                  I hike the Angeles and Verdugos often.

[COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
                  -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

The Marlin is .44 - I hear you guys have mountain lions near the city..any truth to that?
                    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Working...
                    X