Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Racism is alive and stronger than ever in Glendale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racism is alive and stronger than ever in Glendale

Two nights ago I was shopping at Ralphs on the corner of central and stocker up in the northern Glendale area. It was a rather busy friday night and in front of me were 3 other armenian customers, two of whom were talking to each other in armenian while their little kid was throwing outendless 'barev barev barev barev' s at every one around him...(i guess that's all he knew how to say)...anyways so I don't know exactly what took place but somehow the item divider got lost or moved between these two customers and as the cashier (middle aged unhappy looking anglo guy) was trying to ring up the items for the family in front of me, the father (the one who had been talking with his friend in line in front of him) alerted the cashier to not mix up his items with those of the customer in front of him. Now I was observing all of this very carefully and paying close attention to all and any body language.

Well, well, what do you know! Our anglo friend here became almost irate that this customer caused him such inconvenience that he now had to void 2 or 3 items! a lot of huffin and puffin under his breath accompanied by shaking his head and a very condescending body language which was very obviously noticeable by anyone who looked at his face for 2 or 3 seconds!

I thought that was rude and deep down I knew this bastard got pissed off 'cause they were speaking in armenian; how little did I know that that was not the end of it!

He had to ask someone for help and when the colleague came over to help, this SOB had the audacity to say IN FRONT of the armenian customer who had his wife as well as his son with him that "he was too busy talking to realize he had to use a divider" (or some sh!t like that).

At this point I was fuming mad inside (what's sad is that these people in front of me had NOOOOOOOO clue what was going on!) that I approached the cashier with this stern focused look in my eyes waiting for any inappropriate move on his part; I was so ready to tear him to pieces if he had made a comment to me about them or had given ME a look or anything like that; I was staring him down when I got to the register and upon seeing no inappropriate speech or movement I paid, grabbed my stuff and walked out without acknowledging his 'thank you' or anything!

But if he hadn't stopped when he did, I wouldn't have remained so docile either; I certainly would not have made a scene! that's just not me; but I would have calmly and with determination given him a comeback that would make him think really hard next time he felt the urge to disrespect people--ANY PEOPLE-- like that!

1. what is Anglo
    2. what is Irate?

Comment

Hmmm, I kinda know what you're saying but it seems to me that you're making too many assumptions here. Based on what you described, you're only assuming that he got pissed because they were speaking Armenian. Anyway, I don't really see anything racist about this situation. I'm sure that throughout the day, a whole bunch of people don't use dividers and this cashier has to go through the same xxxx all the time and it pisses him off. I'd get pissed off too. But maybe we had to be there to know what you're talking about. I dont know.

Comment

Originally posted by NarEkoO
        1. what is Anglo
        2. what is Irate?
        What is Webster?

Comment

Originally posted by thedebutante
          What is Webster?
          truth be told, i have no clue..

Comment

1. what is Anglo
            2. what is Irate?

Anglo An English-speaking person, especially a white North American who is not of Hispanic or French descent.

Irate Extremely angry

Comment

t
              h
              a
              n
              k
              s.

Comment

truth be told, i have no clue..
                btw. this is webster http://www.m-w.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Harut82
                  btw. this is webster http://www.m-w.com/
                  oh holly xxxx..it's a dictionary!

Comment

oh holly xxxx..it's a dictionary!

Hahahahahahahaha. It's holy not holly. It'll help you with spelling too.

Comment

Working...
                    X