Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian Genocide Movie Being Made in Hollywood Calling all Armenian Actors/Residents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HyeJinx1984
    It was cool. You know, despite my earlier remarks, what the hell, I'll help if you want. I've got some film expertise, so I'm sure I could be help in some facility.
    I mean if you don't believe in thesis films or my project nobody is asking you to. I am going all out as much as I can to make this great. What film experience do you have?

Comment

does anyone know any actors in glendale or around hollywood? I am looking for good people to cast and I would like some variety......anyone who has contacted me with an interest in being an extra pictures would be very helpful. I am really looking for authentic looking armenians for my film. So please contact me at [email protected] thanks

Comment

Originally posted by chardgha18
        I mean if you don't believe in thesis films or my project nobody is asking you to. I am going all out as much as I can to make this great. What film experience do you have?
        I've written and directed my own shorts, acted in a couple, and have been a production assistant on countless.
        "All I know is I'm not a Marxist." -Karl Marx

Comment

be sure to contact me by email id love some experienced armenians to help

Comment

Dear Chardgha, I like your story for the movie, and unlike what many may say, it is the kind of story we need. What the genocide was and is, it is above all, the troma that each families were victim of... and any movies that worth to be taken seriously expose this reality.

I have sent you a personal message that you can access from your control panel, and I await your answer.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by HyeJinx1984
              Not to rain on anyone's parade, but do you thinjk you can do the story justice in a thesis film? I've worked on many thesis films.. and teh average budget is about 50 thousand without frills... and this is a subject matter on an epic scale. I just hope you know what you're doing, that's all..
              I think a movie with 50 thousand is quite possible.

Comment

so do I someone who doesn't think it can be done hasn't been working in the right way and with the right people.

Comment

hi char dgha i would love to be one of your extras... i guess you can see my profile to see my picture... it is a picture taken by a phone, but i guess i am just a regular real armenian girl... nothing "extra"... HA!
                  [humor included]

please PM me the time location and all the rest...

Also i wish you the best on this film, sometimes i feel that my family's stories are pretty traumatizing too... my dad's side was from Musa Ler and my Mom's side from Sebastia and we have lost so many lives to the genocide... 15 chilrdern burned, eyes taken out, secret escapes, etc... and then the armenian political problems afterwords, people exciled to Siberia or beaten to death, etc...

anywho i would love to help... i can also help in financial planning, execution, and reporting, we can talk over the PM about this...

Comment

Originally posted by Thai-Samurai
                    It's cool that people are making movies about the Genocide, but at the same time I don't like it. Being Genocided isn't something you should be making movies about all the time. What I mean is if a guy gets hella beat up, he doesnt go around bragging about it. Letting the world know what really happened in Turkey 1915 isn't really going to change anything, everyone has bigger problems now. In Africa I think over a million people were genoicided just recently. The point is, people should be educated, but we should do something about it also. Does anyone remember that movie that came out about a year or two ago, it was made a movie in a movie, and it had that armenian boy in the customs and his mom that looked like Cher, and it had a rape scene. That movie was honestly disturbing to me. And it accomplished nothing.
                    My mom told me in LA Armenians gather outside a Turkish something (embassy?) on Genocide day, and chant about the Genocide. Thats not going to accomplish anything. Instead of chanting and sounding angry they should just dance and eat, and have a good time, that way people who see it will be really interested in whats going.
                    Making Armenian movies is good, but they dont have to be about the Genocide, they can be anything Armenian related.
                    Are you for real, man!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

"genocided..."

"my mom told me..."

"turkish something..."

"dance and eat, and have a good time..."

C'MON MAN, you can't be serious...
                    Last edited by djsinister; 01-18-2005, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X