Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Telethon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Telethon

Im sure most of you know but just in case you dont there is the Armenian Telethon today, starting at different times and on different channels depending on where you live.

scroll down this page: http://www.armeniafund.org/ and it has a list of some major cities and the channels and showtimes etc.

Alright guys, lets help make this a success, i urge you guys all to let other Armenians know about this and find it in your heart to put that 20 dollar bill to a good use rather than your crack habit.

YES YES YES, pick up the phone and dial... They just announced that people from Karabakh donated 150,000 U.S. dollars! aww I was so touched, if they can donate, then so can you! =) And one person from NY just did a million, maybe it was Tigran

Comment

ya ya i was going to make this thread but oh well tigran already did my family donated 500 dolllars heheh ya and you no how in the top it says who donated and how much i saw anyomouse 50 dollars dont tell me it was our mousy lol

Comment

Keeping in tune with my cynical attitude....is this thing legitamet? I mean, what's the guarantee the money is going to get where it needs to go?

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson Glow
          Keeping in tune with my cynical attitude....is this thing legitamet? I mean, what's the guarantee the money is going to get where it needs to go?
          Pfff you got issues...it's the telethon, everything is supervised by non governmental entities. EVen if there could be a security gap, how can anyone explain that millions have been missing without attracting anyone's attention?

Comment

what's the guarantee the money is going to get where it needs to go?
            Are you xxxxing kidding me??? PLEASE!! People like you make me soooo mad. I may be wrong, but I've noticed mainly hayastansis share your view. At least, have some respect for people who organize this. When you decide to open your eyes, you'll see the difference this made in Armenia's roads and highways!!!

Comment

It's exactly what people too greedy to give out money say when they want to look concerned.

Comment

Damn straight. Keep it up guys. I am just waiting to see what our Mr. Kirk is going to give.
                The 1000000 from new york was probably louise simone manoogian, she has really done a lot and is always fuding Armenian related projects.

Comment

Originally posted by !EEK
                  It's exactly what people too greedy to give out money say when they want to look concerned.
                  Yeah, that's it, EEK. Because I give a damn about looking concerned or impressing a bunch of f*cking strangers on the internet. Whether I give or not bears no relevance to what I asked. If that was my main concern, I would have either not posted here at all, or would have lied about giving X amount of dollars. By the way, "millions" don't have to be missing. I didn't imply they take every dollar and run.

Cat: Share my view? People like me? I was born and raised in America, and more importantly, around approximately zero Armenians, so I highly doubt any Armenian you know is anything like me. I've had my eyes opened for quite some time now, thus the cynicism and why I'm naturally skeptical of everything. It was a perfectly legitamet question for someone that's not familiar with the organization, or what it's "done for Armenia" in the least bit. But instead of answering the question with decent info, once again, I make a simple comment, and people forcefully and ignorantly read more into it than what's there and go off an tangents about those false, ingnorant elucidations. If you are so ready to pounce on someone without thinking an analyzing, perhaps you are the ones with the issues.

Gaucho, thank you for some actual info instead of unjustifiably venting! That's all I was looking for.

Comment

Yeah, that's it, EEK. Because I give a damn about looking concerned or impressing a bunch of f*cking strangers on the internet. Whether I give or not bears no relevance to what I asked. If that was my main concern, I would have either not posted here at all, or would have lied about giving X amount of dollars. By the way, "millions" don't have to be missing. I didn't imply they take every dollar and run.
                    Firstly you don't have to lie about what money you gave. You come here and talk about unfounded stuff and then when we try to reply you about this BS you come up with:

Originally posted by CG
                    Share my view? People like me? I was born and raised in America, and more importantly, around approximately zero Armenians, so I highly doubt any Armenian you know is anything like me. I've had my eyes opened for quite some time now, thus the cynicism and why I'm naturally skeptical of everything. It was a perfectly legitamet question for someone that's not familiar with the organization, or what it's "done for Armenia" in the least bit. But instead of answering the question with decent info, once again, I make a simple comment, and people forcefully and ignorantly read more into it than what's there and go off an tangents about those false, ingnorant elucidations. If you are so ready to pounce on someone without thinking an analyzing, perhaps you are the ones with the issues
                    It's not our fault, it's the way you were born and raised, don't blame the world

Comment

Working...
                    X