Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

April 17th, PBS Armenian Genocide special (early heads up)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April 17th, PBS Armenian Genocide special (early heads up)

Two Cats Productions is pleased to announce:
    Our New Documentary
    THE ARMENIAN GENOCIDE
    Premieres on PBS at 10pm, April 17, 2006

New York, NY (January, 2006) -- The Armenian Genocide is the complete story of the first Genocide of the 20th century - when over a million Armenians died at the hands of the Ottoman Turks during World War I.

This unprecedented and powerful one-hour documentary, scheduled to air April 17th at 10pm on PBS, (check local listings for possible changes) was written, directed and produced by Emmy Award-winning producer Andrew Goldberg of Two Cats Productions, in association with Oregon Public Broadcasting. Featuring interviews with the leading experts in the field such as
    Pulitzer Prize-winning author Samantha Power and New York Times best-selling author, Peter Balakian, this film features never-before-seen, historical footage of the events and key players of one of the greatest untold stories of the 20th century.

The Armenian Genocide is narrated by Julianna Margulies and includes historical narrations by Ed Harris, Natalie Portman, Laura Linney and Orlando Bloom, among others. "What the word 'Genocide' connotes is a systematic campaign of destruction.

If you simply call the horrors of 1915 'crimes against humanity' or 'atrocities,' it doesn't fully convey just how methodical this campaign of slaughter and deportation really was, and I think that's why historians look at the record and they really can come to no other conclusion but that this word, Genocide, applies to this methodical campaign of destruction," says Samantha Power. Filmed in the US, France, Germany, Belgium, Turkey and Syria, the program features discussions with Kurdish and Turkish citizens in modern-day Turkey who speak openly about the stories told to them by their parents and grandparents. To this day, Turkey denies the Genocide occurred and maintains this position steadfastly.

The film includes testimony by former Turkish Diplomat Gunduz Aktan to US lawmakers in the year 2000, where he explains the official Turkish position on the issue. "The Turkish people firmly believe that what happened to the Armenian people was not Genocide," Aktan says. "As Turkey seeks to join the European Union, 90 years later, this film can give people a much better understanding of why this issue is such an important and current part of the international conversation about Turkey's role in the world today," said Goldberg.

Two Cats Productions is a documentary production company in New York City led by Andrew Goldberg. His television credits include PBS, ABC News, E!, CNN, and countless others. In addition to documentaries, he has also written and produced commercials for such companies as Bell South, Sephora/Louis Vuitton, AT&T and PetSmart Goldberg and Two Cats' recent documentary productions include, A Yiddish World Remembered for PBS which won an Emmy in 2002, and The Armenians, A Story of Survival, which aired on PBS stations nationally in 2002 and was awarded the CINE Golden Eagle. Oregon Public
    Broadcasting (OPB) is a major provider of programs for the PBS national primetime schedule and American Public Television (APT), producing a variety of freestanding documentary specials and series. OPB is also a statewide network of community-supported learning resources, including OPB Television, an affiliate of the Public Broadcasting Service (PBS), and OPB Radio, presenting local news coverage and the programs of National Public Radio (NPR), American Public Media (APM) and Public Radio International (PRI). The OPB Web site is opb.org. Major Underwriters: John and Judy Bedrosian, The Lincy Foundation, The Avanessians Family Foundation, and The Manoogian-Simone Foundation.

Two Cats Productions

Untainted News On Real World Issues

On 90.7 FM KPFK Or 98.7 FM Santa Barbara

KPFK Pacifica Radio for Los Angeles, Southern California and the World

Common Dreams has been providing breaking news & views for the progressive community since 1997. We are independent, non-profit, advertising-free and 100% reader supported. Our Mission: To inform. To inspire. To ignite change for the common good.
    Last edited by karoaper; 01-12-2006, 06:13 PM.

Re: April 17th, PBS Armenian Genocide special (early heads up)

April? Lol damn, REAL EARLY heads up. This is nice though, theres so many Armenian Genocide specials this year though...WE'RE MOVIN UP PEOPLE. CHANGE GON COME.

Comment

I wonder if they'll be showing it here or not.

Comment

Sounds interesting, but I will have to watch it to make sure what content they put on. As they say, the devil in the details.
        Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Crissy
          I wonder if they'll be showing it here or not.
          If it's good, we'll send you the tape.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
            Sounds interesting, but I will have to watch it to make sure what content they put on. As they say, the devil in the details.
            The choice of Margulies is interesting. I think it should be good.

Comment

Originally posted by karoaper
              If it's good, we'll send you the tape.
              Well the website mentioned about the DVD being available in spring. I'll be in the states then, so I'll look for it. I guess I can order through their website??? Although a review would be much appreciated thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Crissy
                Well the website mentioned about the DVD being available in spring. I'll be in the states then, so I'll look for it. I guess I can order through their website??? Although a review would be much appreciated thank you
                Consider it done. How you been?

Comment

Consider it done. How you been?
                  Been good thank you and yourself? How did you spend NYE and Christmas?

Comment

The choice of Margulies is interesting. I think it should be good.
                    The choice of Natalie Portman is interesting, since she's a Zionist who has collaborated with Alan Dershowitz.

Comment

Working...
                    X