Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Question About Armenian Flag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Question About Armenian Flag

Originally posted by bell-the-cat
    I'm sure someone said the same about Kars, or Van, or Erzurum.
    No, it wasn't, because a winning against Turkish forces was unrealistic. Azeri forces are in our league.

To ensure and garuntee the survival of the Armenian population of Artsakh, Armenia and its people will never let it go. The only way their going to get it back is through the bloodiest and longest war in our decade.

Comment

Maybe having to put up with 150 years worth of whining, whinging, ungrateful Armenians (who seem to expect to live parasitically off other nations as easily as they have lived parasitically off their fellow countrymen) has somewhat influenced Anglo-Saxon views about Armenians in general.
      What should we be grateful for?

Bellie, you used to be one of my favorite Scots, but now you're slowly dropping off my top five. It looks like this right now:

1. Sean Connery
      2. Alan Hovhaness
      3. Deborah Kerr
      4. bell-the-cat
      5. Robbie Coltrane

A little more of your venom and you'll be placed even lower than Alan Cumming.

Comment

Originally posted by TomServo

Bellie, you used to be one of my favorite Scots, but now you're slowly dropping off my top five. It looks like this right now:

1. Sean Connery
        2. Alan Hovhaness
        3. Deborah Kerr
        4. bell-the-cat
        5. Robbie Coltrane

Then please don't give out the racism if you can't take it when it's given back to you.
        Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by ace
          No, it wasn't, because a winning against Turkish forces was unrealistic. Azeri forces are in our league.

To ensure and garuntee the survival of the Armenian population of Artsakh, Armenia and its people will never let it go. The only way their going to get it back is through the bloodiest and longest war in our decade.
          Wait 5 years, and a few billion Azeri oil money dollars spent on American arms, and they will be far beyond it. Do you really think a mostly demilitarized NK population and a load of Polish, Korean, or Turkish or whatever "peacekeepers" are going to stop them?
          Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Then please don't give out the racism if you can't take it when it's given back to you.
            Racism is good for the economy.
            Achkerov kute.

Comment

Wait 5 years, and a few billion Azeri oil money dollars spent on American arms, and they will be far beyond it. Do you really think a mostly demilitarized NK population and a load of Polish, Korean, or Turkish or whatever "peacekeepers" are going to stop them?
              Especially with the rising demand of oil by countries such as Russia and China, and the growing scarcity of the resource and the difficulty of obtaining it in the volatile Middle East, the price will sky rocket, and those nations in possession will be the winners - temporarily though. I would imagine Azeris will get alot of support because of this.

I can't wait till oil is finally depleted! All this nonsense will end! 200 years ago oil was worthless as it was not yet a commodity. But then, what previously had no value suddenly had value! The same is true for the future. One day, we will not be alive I imagine, oil will be null and void.
              Achkerov kute.

Comment

How was it racist? It's not like you haven't made any sort of condescending/insulting posts before, so don't get all angry if I toss one at you once in a while.

Comment

Artsakh unites with Armenia, Azerbaijan goes away. The end.
                  The end? You should think of it as the beginning; we still have to recuperate Nakhitchevan and Western Armenia.

Yes, Anglo-Saxons have once again started meddling in places they shouldn't. Like this guy:

When you've got an Anglo calling NKR a place that "doesn't exist," I guess you know your time is up.
                  Why do you care? When was the last time that Anglo-Saxons had a lasting winning policy - therefore prediction - in the region. They're only capable of achieving short term wins using their economical power and military might. In the long run, they end up losing miserably. Because of their oppressive and barbarian manners and their militaristic mindset they have lost control over Iran and later over Iraq; soon, they may lose control over Saudi Arabia. I wonder how much their new "wonderful discovery" - i.e. their latest Trojan horse - will cost them and how much damage they will do - to both the region and themselves; I have in mind the Kurds.

By the way, it is true that NKR does not exist; only Artsakh exists and Armenians should refrain from using the term NKR. If we want to erase the memory of *urks, we should also refrain from using terms that revive their memory.

It's a British-Turk conspiracy!
                  Are you surprised? Anglo-Saxons share a militaristic mindset and oppressive, barbarian approaches with the *urks.

1. Sean Connery
                  2. Alan Hovhaness
                  3. Deborah Kerr
                  4. bell-the-cat
                  5. Robbie Coltrane

If you have someone like him even in your top 100, then you should reconsider your standards and aim for much much higher ones.
                  By the way, having someone like him in a short list reminds me of a Vartanig joke.

Note: I have chosen to auto censor the words "*urk," "*urkish" or *urkic" because it is commonly perceived as unpleasant and offending, evokes unpleasant emotions and imagery and is pregnant with immoral and evil connotations!
                  What if I find someone else when looking for you? My soul shivers as the idea invades my mind.

Comment

How was it racist? It's not like you haven't made any sort of condescending/insulting posts before, so don't get all angry if I toss one at you once in a while.
                    You tossed it first.

And see, Siamanto has come out from under whatever rock he lives under and waded in with his customary racism. We don't want to become professional tossers like Siamanto, so lets stop now.
                    Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

more of your venom and you'll be placed even lower than Alan Cumming.
                      And, errrr, please, I don't want to be either above or below Alan Cumming.
                      Could you make it someone like Sharleen Spiteri.
                      Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Working...
                      X