Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Bring in many of non-Armenians to learn?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bring in many of non-Armenians to learn?

Originally posted by Anahita
    Society is a drain on mother nature. It is about time for society to 'pay the rent,' I think.

MARK
    how do you document real life
    when real life's getting more
    like fiction each day
    headlines--bread-lines
    blow my mind
    and now this deadline
    "eviction--or pay"
    rent

MARK
    and we're hungry and frozen

ROGER
    some life that we've chosen

TOGETHER
    how we gonna pay
    how we gonna pay
    how we gonna pay
    last year's rent

BENNY
    draw a line in the sand
    and then make a stand

ALL
    when they act tough--you call their
    bluff

MARK & ROGER
    we're not gonna pay

MARK & ROGER & 1/2 THE COMPANY
    we're not gonna pay

MARK & ROGER & OTHER 1/2
    we're not gonna pay

ALL
    last year's rent
    this year's rent
    next year's rent

rent rent rent rent rent
    we're not gonna pay rent

ROGER & MARK
    'cause everything is rent
    this post = teh win.

Comment

Got a spare room? Maybe I could sell my place, use that profit to pay off all my debt (with a little extra) and pay you some rent.

Comment

Best way to help mother nature is to cease to exist as humans.
        this post = teh win.

Comment

Originally posted by Sip
          It's amazing how the imaginary worlds of make belief and "alternate ways of thinking" suddenly take a back seat when one has to live in the real world, eh?
          That's my father's main argument, and I disagree completely. You don't need to live by the financial norms of society to find happiness, in fact, doing just the opposite can make your experiences more worthwhile then you can ever imagine.

A lot of us simply don't have that luxury to be dreamers. Sure yah it would be nice if I could dream and live in my own world and do whatever the hell I wanted ... but in the end of the day, that's not how one can survive. I either pay the bills myself or end up being a drain on the society ... simple as that.
          The system allows people to be a drain on society, this is true... All the hardworking people who suffer from high income taxes stand to lose in this deal. Yet how natural is this system? It's not the most enlightened system in the world either, so why should we dogmatically believe in it? And for a dreamer who's ready to abandon such mundane ideas, there shouldn't be any inner conflict.

Yes, we all get bitten in the ass, no matter what we do, but who's to say that the tax payer perceives the actual biting of their ass as any less painful than how the hobo (for example) would?

Comment

Originally posted by Anahita
            I have Wisconsin health insurance (a wonderful plan that is based on pay-based-on-income) and I am creative with the rest (but, most in my position can't do what I can do within the stupid system.) I live like this (and I don't expect most to understand this)... to stand up for those who need what I could escape, but they cannot.)

Mostly, I've spent all money I've saved--because I know that I saved means nothing in our current situation if certain things that I CAN prevent happen. Preventing that is priceless.

FRACTAL
            Well, your actions make me feel guilty inside, because I have money to spare, yet I'm not using it to help anybody but myself. Anyhow, I'm glad to hear you got such a great deal for health insurance. We have a good system here in quebec too, free health care :P
            Trouble is, the doctors are underpayed compared to the other provinces and the states, so we often have shortages of them. This free health care is good for us, but it's a heafty budget that cuts down on the actual service aspect of the hospitals.

Comment

Code Pink-Peace

Breaking news: Karl Rove goes down. The rest to follow. The ball is rollin...
              Last edited by Anahita; 05-12-2006, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X