Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Are russians racist to Armenians?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Are russians racist to Armenians?

Armenian, Russian border guards patrol Armenia's border with Turkey, right? Is it true that most of these "Russian" soldiers are actually ethnic Armenians serving in the RF armed forces? Are they there by choice or does Russia actually put Armenians in these units?

Comment

Originally posted by D3ADSY
      Armenian, Russian border guards patrol Armenia's border with Turkey, right? Is it true that most of these "Russian" soldiers are actually ethnic Armenians serving in the RF armed forces? Are they there by choice or does Russia actually put Armenians in these units?
      We often forget that a large number of soldiers serving within Russian military units in the Republic of Armenia are ethnic Armenians.

40% of Russian Frontier Guards in Armenia Serve on Contract

The number of Armenians serving in the Russian frontier troops has already exceeded 50%, commander of the Russian border-guard force in Armenia, General Lieutenant Sergey Bondarev said. In his words, 40% of the Russian frontier troops in Armenia are staffed with military serving on contract and the number of Armenian servicemen is growing. “This is a unique fact when citizens of another state serve in our troops,” Bondarev noted. According to a treaty, the expenses are covered equally, reported the Military-Industrial Express.

Link: http://www.panarmenian.net/news/eng/?nid=17004
      Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Russian deputy speaker: “Russia has every reason to recognize Artsakh, Abkhazia, South Ossetia, and Transdnestr”

“The international situation has given us a positive example – if Albanians receive the right to establish their own independent state in the foreign territory, so ancient Armenian people must perhaps receive the right to restore the territory;” leader of the Russian Liberal Democratic Party, Deputy Speaker of Russian State Duma Vladimir Zhirinovsky is quoted by a REGNUM correspondent as stating in Moscow, speaking at the third Russia’s Armenian Union (RAU) Congress.

“Yes, we pity Serbs, but it is a positive signal for the international community – it is a positive signal for Artsakh (Nagorno Karabakh – REGNUM), for Abkhazia, South Ossetia, and Transdnestr,” Zhirinovsky continued. According to him, if the international community recognizes Kosovo and Montenegro, Russia will have every reason to recognize analogous territories, especially as it has more rights for that, because these republics were parts of the Russian Empire, and now they pretend to restore their legal personalities. “It may not be denied – it is the international law,” he stated.

As Vladimir Zhirinovsky stressed, addressing to the Russian Armenians Union (RAU) Congress deputies and guests, “the Armenian people have already been suffering for 100 years, and it is necessary to achieve adoption of at least one international organization’s resolution on returning territories to Armenian state by 2015, the 100th anniversary of those awful events.” “It is not enough to recognize the Genocide; the territories should be returned. Those ones, who are living there now, should be returned to Ashgabat and Tashkent — what does one people need two states for? And territories should be returned to Armenia and Kurdistan. Kurds are betrayed people too – they have been expecting for 100 years,” the LDPR leader said. Also, he called the RAU to be more active in the Russian provinces and to cooperate with Russian political and non-governmental organizations in order to explain to young generation of Russians that “Armenians are our brothers; they are Christians, and they have been living side by side with Russians for hundreds of years.” Zhirinovsky called on the RAU to cooperate for realization of other socially vital initiatives.
        Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by oyuncu
          If you feel yourselves more comfortable by deleting my posts, go ahead, this only show you only more miserable, not me.

dont remind them that... they go mad

Comment

Originally posted by tunot View Post
            Don't confuse nazi-Russians with normal Russians. Normal Russians have never had problems with us and like us to this day.
            Wrong. Don't confuse nazi-Russians (minority), with Russians, with open-minded Russians (probably minoraty too).

Hey I was born in Uzbekistan and Russians in UZBEKISTAN disliked Armenians. Although it wasn't as bad as the situation is in Russia.

Let me tell you about the three kinds of Russians:

1. Nazi-Russians: A.k.a. Russian skinheads. One of the largest groups is called Format18. Those guys have their people in government. Those are the guys that kill Armenians (as well as other Caucasus and Asian immigrants). Here, I found one of their propagandistic video on YouTube. A guy that is closer to a screen at 4:10 is the leader by the way. At least someone wants people to think that he is a leader....

2. Russians: Simply Russians. Angry, poor people that spend their lives getting drunk and blaming immigrants (like Armenians) for their poorness in their own country.

3. Open-minded Russians. Those are just regular people. I have two Russian buddies. They are a kind of people who don't give a damn what nationality I am.

I know Russians helped us in 1915. I know they helped us in Karabakh (although they jumped from one side to another), but don't get two different things mixed up:
            - Russian-Armenian political relationship and
            - Russian-Armenian personal relationship

Russia is looking for profit when they do something (just like most countries do). If they had no profit in Armenia do you think they cared about us and helped us?

I am not racist (my two Russian buddies are the prove), but this is my true opinion based on facts.....

Comment

Working...
            X