Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

is the Swastika an Armenian symbol?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is the Swastika an Armenian symbol?

is the Swastika an Armenian symbol?........just askin..........

Re: is the Swastika an Armenian symbol?

Here's what Wiki has to say about it.
    this post = teh win.

Comment

Originally posted by Sip
      Here's what Wiki has to say about it.
      Hmm. Does anyone know the Earth is being killed... by you?

Comment

It's an ancient Aryan symbol used by the variety of Indo-European peoples. That's that.
        Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
          It's an ancient Aryan symbol used by the variety of Indo-European peoples. That's that.
          That is only a partial answer.

The symbol in question has their oldest dipictions within mesolithic and neolithic petroglphys of the Armenian Highlands. The solar sun disc, known as the "Swastika" by Indo-Aryans, was a sacred symbol worshiped by early humans. Our christian symbol of "eternity," seen commonly in Armenian churches, art and sculpture, is actually a direct descendant, or evolution, of the Swastika. Also let us not forget that the Armenian Highlands are indeed the birthplace of Aryans, and human civilization.
          Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Interesting links regarding Armenian Petroglyphs:

«ԱՐՓԻՆԵՏ» ընկերության պաշտոնական կայք

Last edited by Armenian; 05-21-2006, 11:56 AM.

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian
              Also let us not forget that the Armenian Highlands are indeed the birthplace of Aryans, and human civilization.
              That's purely conjecture.
              Achkerov kute.

Comment

That's purely conjecture.
                Perhaps, but it is based upon numerous archeaological findings and lingustics analysis. If interested see the following thread: http://z4.invisionfree.com/Armenian_...?showtopic=199

Նժդեհ

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian
                  Perhaps, but it is based upon numerous archeaological findings and lingustics analysis. If interested see the following thread: http://z4.invisionfree.com/Armenian_...?showtopic=199
                  I understand that all theories are based on some bits of evidence, but for me, it's not so much important what came from where, since that is all in some mythological and dreamy past. What is important to me is what we do with what we have and how to preserve and extend our generations into forbidden futures. And that is a goal not many Armenians seem to share or care to share.

Saghin berel en letsrel en es kharnaranum, yev ays mis aghatsi mech sagh junjuvoom en. Voch harganka mnatsel azgutyan, martkutyan yev ain banera voronk martkants bajanum en. Hyerenel tarvel en es otar molloryal alikneri mech, yev shatera chen haskanum te incha katarvum kam inch a spasum apagayum, voch menak hyerin ayl bolorin. Bayts im mitkas menak hyernen voch orishnera.
                  Last edited by Anonymouse; 05-21-2006, 12:48 PM.
                  Achkerov kute.

Comment

I understand that all theories are based on some bits of evidence...
                    Actually, the theory is based on much more than "bits of evidence." When you have time please look at the materials I have posted regarding the Armenian Highlands, and compare it to anyother region on earth. Human civilization evolved, or was created, within the Armenian Highlands. I think too much effort is being placed in teaching our children the "black pages" of our history. We are at a point today that we have massive numbers of Armenians in the western world who only associate our genocide with Armenian heritage.

This is counter-productive for it creates self-hating and often insecure individuals with victim mentalities. Try explaining to an average Amerikahai that their ancestral homeland was the epicenter of human civilization, or that western culture was derived from Asia Minor, or that various Armenian kingdoms protected the eastern gates of Christendom for about a thousand years.

but for me, it's not so much important what came from where, since that is all in some mythological and dreamy past. What is important to me is what we do with what we have and how to preserve and extend our generations into forbidden futures. And that is a goal not many Armenians seem to share or care to share.
                    Yes, but unfortunately, this will "zartonk" will not happen. Armenians in the diaspora don't care about our rich culture and ancient heritage, they are too busy trying to "fit in." We are too busy trying to be Americans, Russians, French and, some, Turkish. Therefore, I suggest you think in terms of quality not quantity.

There are small numbers of Armenian surviving in the diaspora who actually know what Armenianism is all about. There are small numbers of Armenians who do love and want to preserve Armenian cultural heritage. We need to befriend and encourage these nationalist folk and simply ignore the others.

Living as Armenians in the diaspora without establishing physical connections with the homelamd is living a lie. We also need to begin thinking in terms of pan-Armenianism. Finnaly, Armenians need to start planning for eventual re-patriation. At the very least, we need to being spending our vacations in our homeland.

Saghin berel en letsrel en es kharnaranum, yev ays mis aghatsi mech sagh junjuvoom en. Voch harganka mnatsel azgutyan, martkutyan yev ain banera voronk martkants bajanum en. Hyerenel tarvel en es otar molloryal alikneri mech, yev shatera chen haskanum te incha katarvum kam inch a spasum apagayum, voch menak hyerin ayl bolorin. Bayts im mitkas menak hyernen voch orishnera.
                    Mer azgi metsmasdutyun@ otaramol en. Hetevabar, dshbaxdabar, mer spyurk@ mernum e. Yev ays mah@ shad arag e taradzvum: I gave up on the Armenian diaspora a long time ago. Our dispora is headed to oblivion, very fast.

Նժդեհ

Comment

Working...
                    X