Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Pictures from my trip to Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pictures from my trip to Armenia

So, the US government is paying crusader to spy on Armenia/Armenians? ...Do they feel threatened by Armenia's quick rise to become the next superpower? He's getting PAID to be here?!! Oh man, how bad is our economy? This is the best espionage program we could afford? CRUSADER GET OFF THE PAYROLL IF THE BEST YOU CAN DO IS POST HERE!!!...but, feel free to add more pictures. Everytime I see the Armenian flag it becomes more beautiful.

Anahita, if you're going to make acusations like that, please provide proof.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
      Sure, we can sit here and muse how great we once were and "oh the history" and let society sink and die of stagnation, or we can spur growth and revitalize the city and the economy from old and decrepit Soviet crap.
      What does "historic landmarks" have to do with the new constructions occuring in Yerevan? I bet the treehugger has never even stepped foot in Armenia, let alone have seen what the slums of Yerevan looked like before they began to be razed. Not a single landmark, monument or historic building has been destrroyed. Also note that generally speaking Yerevancis are very sensitive towards this issue as they love their city and cultural heritage.

I know that the scottish xxxxxcat has some pointless picture to post to make a case for Bolsheviks and treehuggers. I'm waiting.
      Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

yeah nice dude

going to armenia on the 24th would have been kool in a way

Comment

Well,

I hope eventually they tear to the ground everyone one of those peices of crap Soviet projects.

For one thing, those buildings are not safe. I remember how the whole of Northern Armenia was turned to dust in that earthquake. The San Francisco quake measured higher on the ricter scale and there was nothing of the sort.

Tear down the garbage, and put up some well engineered, structurarly sound buildings in their place.

Comment

Some pointless pictures for the pompous self-proclaimed "Armenian". The demolition of the affordable houses of ordinary people near the center of Yerevan, because the mafiosi/politicians don't like the idea of such people living so close to their seat of power.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by bell-the-cat; 05-27-2006, 11:23 AM.
            Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by jgk3
              yeah, thought so...

I'd be nice to see a middle class society living in nice bungalos and all, but that's not realistic I guess, at least for now.
              Armenia doesn't have much of a middle class anymore. There are mostly now only the very rich, and the poor. No need to guess which group is getting those new houses.
              Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

The diasporans will be arriving in the summer and putting money into the economy.

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian
                  Not a single landmark, monument or historic building has been destrroyed. Also note that generally speaking Yerevancis are very sensitive towards this issue as they love their city and cultural heritage.
                  Proves what a downright liar you are.
                  Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat
                    Some pointless pictures for the pompous self-proclaimed "Armenian". The demolition of the affordable houses of ordinary people near the center of Yerevan, because the mafiosi/politicians don't like the idea of such people living so close to their seat of power.
                    I found the swastika symbol in the second picture particularily funny, considering what I've read about the origins of that symbol.

Anyway, I remember one of my relatives from Armenia coming over to Montreal and saying how their city looked so much better than ours... She insulted many of our buildings, which is downright stupid. Finally my father got really mad one day and insulted her Yerevan to the point she began to cry...

This woman (who was in her early 40s at the time) was a teacher who didn't have any supplies to teach with in her school, and she worked for free practically... The kids would just show up there so the parents can go to work. It was more like a garderie for older kids than a school. She was a widow and had two a son and two twin daughters, so maybe they were taking advantage of her? She reached the point where she'd have to move in with her late husbands brothers or cousins or something, and she was worrying that they'd want sex from her as a means of payment, according to the letters she'd send us from Armenia at least, so one day, my grandmother (still alive at the time) used all of my late grandfather's money that he left her to get her and her son plane tickets to come over, stay for half a year and make some actual money, and fly back.

With her twisted Soviet mentality, she had the nerve to denounce Montreal, Canada during her stay. I'm sure Yerevancis like her love their cultural heritage and city.

I honestly hope that she was just a poor first impression of a Yerevanci is. I've only met one other Yerevanci (a girl 2 years older than me from an Armenian summer camp), whom I shared this example with (after some kid on the bus was singing Mer Hayrenik obnoxiously loud, I desperately needed a way to silence him), and she said, "No not all of us are like that (as I logically presumed), my family was from the upper middle class, and we lived relatively well." Still, they emigrated, but that's understandable... Armenia isn't the most stable place to live and if you want good education for your kids, you'll have to look elsewhere.

All in all, I'm somewhat skeptical about all these construction projects. I acknowledge that they boost the economy and that Armenia is improving in this respect, but the people who live there... I think this turmoil will last for them. You cannot hide it with your shiny patriotic words. Some day, maybe 50 years down the line, if the world is still in one piece, the turmoil will finally disappear. For the time being, the government is making improvements that may lead to this reality somewhere down the line, at the cost of the generations living today.
                    Last edited by jgk3; 05-27-2006, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat
                      Proves what a downright liar you are.
                      Transparent Turk: don't pretend that you care about Armenian culture and people...you don't and we all know it. Your cynical, specious and contemptable posts are overt evidence of that.

Comment

Working...
                      X