Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Mixed Feelings Of Turkish People

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mixed Feelings Of Turkish People

Hello Armenian friends. I know you are tired of Turks in this forum. You must know that this problem is very important for us. I hope you can understand the mixed feelings of us.

I think the killings of Armenians was genocide. Nobody in Turkey denies the killings of Armenians, they only deny that it was a genocide. There are reasons for that opinion.

Turkey is so much different from Ottoman Empire. We fighted against Ottoman rule in the War of Independence and we destroyed the Ottoman Empire. That was a revolution. Ottoman was only our origin but we never take that state as a model for us. Sultan and people like Talat Pasha were all exiled from Turkey after our country founded.

After the war we signed treaties with Greece, UK, France and other countries. Ottoman Empire have had foreign debts to several countries and these debts were not repaid. Because of these debts Turkey was accepted as Ottoman Empire's legacy. We have paid these Ottomans' debts until 1960's. But we are not different from Greece or other former Ottoman States. Only the sultans were Turkish but Ottoman Empire have never had a Turkish identity.

As you can see we have to be responsible for the crimes of a country we fighted against and destroyed. This causes mixed feelings in Turkish people. They are angry at people who killed the Armenians but they don't want to be the responsible of a crime done by Ottoman. And they deny it with the help of goverment's and media's comments.

We are not cruel people. Majority of Turkish people want peace with Armenia. Don't care the extereme-nationalist Turks, they don't represent the majority of Turkish people. I hope you can understand the feelings of Turkish people.

I am sure Turkey will accept the genocide in the future and the border will be opened.

Re: Mixed Feelings Of Turkish People

Uh... Ataturk. We don't like him.

Comment

I know. You don't have to love a nationalist person. Every country has its heroes and most of them are others' enemies. I believe Ataturk has no relation with Armenian massace.

Comment

Okay.

Comment

Originally posted by Mert
          I think the killings of Armenians was genocide. Nobody in Turkey denies the killings of Armenians, they only deny that it was a genocide. There are reasons for that opinion.
          There are plenty of people in Turkey who deny the killings of Armenians. If Turks say "250,000 Armenians died" then they are denying the killing of at least another million people.

Turkey is so much different from Ottoman Empire. We fighted against Ottoman rule in the War of Independence and we destroyed the Ottoman Empire. That was a revolution. Ottoman was only our origin but we never take that state as a model for us. Sultan and people like Talat Pasha were all exiled from Turkey after our country founded.

After the war we signed treaties with Greece, UK, France and other countries. Ottoman Empire have had foreign debts to several countries and these debts were not repaid. Because of these debts Turkey was accepted as Ottoman Empire's legacy. We have paid these Ottomans' debts until 1960's. But we are not different from Greece or other former Ottoman States. Only the sultans were Turkish but Ottoman Empire have never had a Turkish identity.

As you can see we have to be responsible for the crimes of a country we fighted against and destroyed. This causes mixed feelings in Turkish people. They are angry at people who killed the Armenians but they don't want to be the responsible of a crime done by Ottoman. And they deny it with the help of goverment's and media's comments.
          The crime actually continued into the Republican era. It continued as large-scale actual genocide into the 1930s when hundreds of thousands of Armenians were deported to Syria and other countries. It continued long after that by the oppression of the few remaining communities until their extinction, and it continues to this day by your State's denialist policy (note I say "State", not "government" - governments come and go - Turkey's policy of denial has continued regardless of the regime in place).

We are not cruel people. Majority of Turkish people want peace with Armenia. Don't care the extereme-nationalist Turks, they don't represent the majority of Turkish people. I hope you can understand the feelings of Turkish people.
          What Turkey should want to attain is peace with itself - with its past and its future. Armenia is of minor importance beyond being a symptom of Turkey's lack of peace with itself.

I am sure Turkey will accept the genocide in the future and the border will be opened.
          Those are actually two different issues.
          Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Mert, you dumbfukc. Why did you allow people to make fun of you? You don't get it. Armenians are a NASTY people. And why did you call Atatürk a nationalist in a mocking way? You wouldn't be alive today if it wasn't for his genius. You wouldn't be writing on this lame forum. Look at that imbecile british cat. He's not even british, he's scottish and you allowed him to "lecture" you. Mert, fukc off. You're a shame to our nation.
            Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable.

Comment

Here's Deniz!

Comment

Hello Armenian friends. I know you are tired of Turks in this forum. You must know that this problem is very important for us. I hope you can understand the mixed feelings of us.

I appreciate you kindness and compassion. THANK YOU

[Edit: WE can now all talk in a civil and compassionate way about the rest, too.]
                Last edited by Anahita; 06-01-2006, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Mert > Deniz.
                  this post = teh win.

Comment

I LOVE people trying to bridge gaps. Bless you working to do that.

ME > hate. ME = Love.

I love anyone working towards peace and understanding.
                    Last edited by Anahita; 06-01-2006, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X