Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Panoramic Armenia Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panoramic Armenia Photos

I have put many panoramic images from Armenia for everyone to see on Armenianpages.com.

See beautiful virtual reality panoramic photos of Armenia like you have never seen before!

Go to: http://armenianpages.com/AP-Panoramas.htm To see the photos.

Armenianpages.com is the only place for full immersion panoramic images of Armenia.

Look at the photos and enjoy.

Re: Panoramic Armenia Photos

Can I ask, how were the spherical (full 360-degree ones in both horizontal and vertical directions) ones created? Can you make them using photos from a normal camera?
    Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Spherical panoramas are much more complicated than regular panos. Yes you can do them using regular cameras but the task becomes extremely difficult and the results not very good. To produce top of the line spherical panos good equipment are a must along with a good computer and software. I do not want to go into more detail because it will become too technical.

Comment

I can handle technical. So continue, please.
        Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

I am working on creating a basic tutorial page to add in the Armenianpages.com panorama page. Once it is finished I will announce it so you can take a look.
          I do encourage everyone to try doing panoramas and if you have good images of Armenia send it to Armenianpages.com for permanent posting regardless of its size.

Albert

Comment

OK - don't tell me exactly what to do regarding software and so on. But if I wanted to take pictures, using a digital SLR, that could, at some future date, be used for spherical panoramas, can you give some hints about what I should I do?
            Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

The photos are beautiful.

Comment

Using digital SLRs are best but you have to shoot with the panorama in mind. you cannot shoot pictures without planning and then make them panoramas.
                Spherical panos are done best using fisheye lenses.
                The http://vrm.vrway.com/issue25/ has put one of my Spherical panos (Genocide Memorial) in their latest issue, check it out and see many more panos from around the world. also you can go to http://www.vrway.com/ for more info.
                Best of luck.

Comment

Thanks Albert

I loked at the "HOW TO MAKE A QUICKTIME VR IN 10 MINUTES" video on the same issue. But what if you dont own a 10mm lens, and aren't ever likely to? A long time ago (like 10 years) I made some 360 degree pans, and in those days using a wide angle lens was not recomended because of the converging verticals and other distortions that it produced. The ideal lens to use then was a standard lens, and that took aproximately 16 shots to do 360 degrees in a horizontal direction. Is it because the software now available can correct the verticals that a wide angle can now be used?
                  For my digital camera I only have an 18mm lens at the widest end (which is only a 28mm in the digital equivalent). Could such a lens ever be used for spherical panoramas? I was thinking of taking such pictures of Armenian buildings in Eastern Turkey, where I am going to shortly. Like I said - I don't care about the software just now, I only need some advice about how to take the pictures.
                  Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

i would recommend you to invest in a sigma 8mm because it will make your life easier. chances of making errors with a regular wide angle are hundreds of times higher. the time to take shots with a wide angle like that and the number of shots will be prohibitive and stitching would be next to impossible. so i definitely recommend getting that fisheye lens. putting it simply, you cannot do spherical pano without fisheye!
                    i hope you come back with some great panos. let me know how it goes.

Comment

Working...
                    X