Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Panoramic Armenia Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Panoramic Armenia Photos

Originally posted by alby
    i would recommend you to invest in a sigma 8mm because it will make your life easier. chances of making errors with a regular wide angle are hundreds of times higher. the time to take shots with a wide angle like that and the number of shots will be prohibitive and stitching would be next to impossible. so i definitely recommend getting that fisheye lens. putting it simply, you cannot do spherical pano without fisheye!
    Isn't going to happen for this trip - I don't have the money to spare to buy another lens before I leave.
    And I just wasted $120 to get a s/h Canon 28mm lens and I was testing it today and I can't see any difference in the quality of it and the much-criticised, cheap and cheerful 18-55 lens that came with my Canon350d. I guess either the 28 is from a bad batch of lenses , or the 18-55 is from a very good batch.
    Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

if you are going to take such a trip without a fisheye lens it will be next to impossible to do spherical panos, especially in an unfriendly area that you are going. You can buy a sigma or a cheaper Russian made fisheye from Ebay.
      18-55 is not a very good lens, trust me on this, that’s why it’s something like fifty bucks. I have many years of photography experience and I have used every kind of camera and lens; the old saying holds true that says “what you get is what you pay for” but if you are on a budget it will do just fine because for general public the difference in image quality might be very insignificant and unnoticable.
      best of luck with your trip, keep me updated by sending me an email to [email protected]

Comment

Just out of curiosity I phoned around for stockists of the 8mm lens - and they are seem to be out of stock everywhere. I wonder if the sigma 10-20mm lens would have the same effect. It's also about a third cheaper.
        Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Unfortunately no wide angle is as wide as a fisheye, although the wider wide angle the better.

Comment

Just added another 360 degree panorama from outside Matenadaran. check it out:
            http://armenianpages.com/ap-panorama...aran-small.htm

Comment

Great pictures

makes me want to dig my old camera out.

Comment

Wow amazing pictures. Thank you so much Albert!
                Achkerov kute.

Comment

Pictures are great, good job!

Comment

Hello everyone.
                    I have added three more panoramic photos from Armenia:
                    Lori clif near Alaverdi
                    Lake Sevan
                    Geghart in full 360 degree - stand in the Geghart church yard and look around.

http://armenianpages.com/AP-Panoramas.htm
                    More will be added in time - also note that I will add more 3D photos soon that could be viewed from your monitor.
                    I hope you will enjoy these photos.
                    http://armenianpages.com/AP-3D.htm

Comment

nice one of Lori where I am from

Comment

Working...
                      X