Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian Steriotypes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Armenian Steriotypes?

Originally posted by ARK
    We are surley smart but most of the time use it in a wrong and sometimes dishonest way!

that way gets the more money.

Comment

Originally posted by ARK
      We are surley smart but most of the time use it in a wrong and sometimes dishonest way!
      In other words, clever (jarpig)?
      [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
      -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Siggie
        In other words, clever (jarpig)?
        kinda. For me jarpig does not have a good connotation, most of those who call themselves jarpig are charlatans!

Btw, i believe armenians of Armenia are defenitely the smartest.

Comment

Because we are Jarbig we still exist, nothing’s wrong to be Jarbig, that goes with being smart. Instead of looking only to our bad qualities try to acknowledge our good ones and I assure you they are much more and it will make you feel good.
          Show me a nation of only about 7 million have so many internationally achieved people

Comment

Menk Kich Enq Bayts Mez Hye En Asoum!

Comment

Originally posted by skhara
              Don't smoke.

Almost never drink cofee.

Don't have a ton of money.
              Same here. The so-called stereotypes presented here by Armeniankid are BS. I suggest Armeniankid to meet spome real Armenians before he makes up his mind. Most of my Armenians friends, including those from Armenia, don't smoke. They preffer to drink tea, and they are mostly well-off - but not filthy rich.

Armenian stereotypes, in my opinion:

Unruly

Independent

Individualistic

Shrewed

Talented

Clever

Resilient

Pysically strong

Cynical

Complex

Revengeful

Never forgets

Loves to talk

Loves life

Loves to party

Loves khorovats

Loves to drink

Loves with a pasion

Hates with a passion

Loyal to friends and family - but, not to his wife.
              Last edited by Armenian; 08-26-2006, 09:36 AM.
              Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian
                Armenian stereotypes, in my opinion:

Unruly

Independent

Individualistic

Shrewed

Talented

Clever

Resilient

Pysically strong

Cynical

Complex

Revengeful

Never forgets

Loves to talk

Loves life

Loves to party

Loves khorovats

Loves to drink

Loves with a pasion

Hates with a passion

Loyal to friends and family - but, not to his wife.
                And these characteristics, along with Christianity, are what has helped us survive thousands or years of man-made and natural disasters.
                Last edited by Armenian; 08-26-2006, 09:37 AM.
                Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Yedtarts
                  Because we are Jarbig we still exist, nothing’s wrong to be Jarbig, that goes with being smart. Instead of looking only to our bad qualities try to acknowledge our good ones and I assure you they are much more and it will make you feel good.
                  Show me a nation of only about 7 million have so many internationally achieved people
                  I don’t know if being jarbig has contributed to our existence or not but I don’t think so!(in my opinion being jarbig is different from being smart)
                  We are definitely smart and unfortunately that makes us a bit lazy!
                  Not only my grandparents have told me that we are smart but I’ve heard this a million times from my Persian friends: they always ask me: what 's your secret? ( they know Armenians of being so skilful and talented) I always tell them if you wanna be smart like us, you have to try that pig only once in your life! And imagine what? they believe me! they have no humor!
                  But one criticism does not mean that I don’t believe in our good qualities, I’m so proud of being Armenian , but that is not gonna prevent me from criticizing roots!

Btw, we are very good musicians.

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian
                    Same here. The so-called stereotypes presented here by Armeniankid are BS. I suggest Armeniankid to meet spome real Armenians before he makes up his mind. Most of my Armenians friends, including those from Armenia, don't smoke. They preffer to drink tea, and they are mostly well-off - but not filthy rich.

Most of your friends don’t smoke but most of the people of Armenia(starting from very early ages!) do smoke!
                    They do drink tea but more often coffee.
                    Most Armenians of Armenia are unfortunately poor. ( poor in Armenia but as soon as they get out of the country….)

Comment

I think I and many Armenians I know fall into Armenians opinion of us, except maybe one trait. (The one about the wife, at least I won't admit to it)

Avak
                      Unruly

Independent

Individualistic

Shrewed

Talented

Clever

Resilient

Pysically strong

Cynical

Complex

Revengeful