Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Too many mundane issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too many mundane issues

This article was written by some contributor to ArmeniansforChrist.com. The original article is available here: http://www.armeniansforchrist.com/mo...=article&sid=5

Too many mundane issues

I usually see priests and others within the Armenian Apostolic and even some Evangelical circles talking about issues that are secondary at best. As Christians, shouldn't we be primarily concerned about one's relationship to the living God of the Universe? I see other issues taking precedence, like Armenian identity, the holocaust, Armenian cultural observances, etc. Some may be gasping at the fact that I mentioned the holocaust is a secondary issue and that it should not be at the forefront of Armenian interest. Should it? Maybe it should, to those who are only Christian by name but not to those who have a real relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ. Those who are in Christ realize that all these issues are mundane and that the pressing issue should be the proclamation of the gospel. There can be nothing more important than the salvation of souls or can there be? Can you name anything else that can be more important than the salvation of souls from eternal hell? I can't think of one. So, why would these "Christian" Armenians be so misguided as to priorities? Here are a few thoughts I have.

1. The truth of Christ is not a reality but just a passing acceptance due to their allegiance to a religious system.
    2. Being Armenian prevails over being a Christian which is a form of idolatry.
    3. The Armenian Church is inseparable to the identity of Armenian culture and therefore advocating Armenian heritage or Armenian interests one would assumingly be advocating Christianity and thus satisfying their need for any religious practice.
    4. Self elevation rather than Christ elevation.
    5. Personal holiness is not a concern.

The underlying issue I would say is pride. Armenian identity is preeminent in the Armenian community, especially in the Diasporas.

1 John 2:16: “For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the boastful pride of life, is not from the Father, but is from the world.”

Armenians have a great history of heritage and culture, an ancient people but does that outweigh the greatness of the gospel? Never! Does this mean we should never teach about Armenian heritage to the next generation? No. Just don’t make it your main concern because whatever precedes in priority to the person of Jesus Christ, be it culture, identity, accomplishments, etc, it is idolatry. Only the Lord Jesus Christ is worthy of such praise and admiration.

Heb 1:10-12: And, "YOU, LORD, IN THE BEGINNING LAID THE FOUNDATION OF THE EARTH, AND THE HEAVENS ARE THE WORKS OF YOUR HANDS; THEY WILL PERISH, BUT YOU REMAIN; AND THEY ALL WILL BECOME OLD LIKE A GARMENT, AND LIKE A MANTLE YOU WILL ROLL THEM UP; LIKE A GARMENT THEY WILL ALSO BE CHANGED. BUT YOU ARE THE SAME, AND YOUR YEARS WILL NOT COME TO AN END."

This world is perishing and will come to an end. Don’t let your work be in vain. There is no identity in heaven other than those who have been saved by the blood of Christ. A Christian, a true Christian will see this and his desires will not be misguided. Christians will desire to give their utmost for the advancement of God’s kingdom and not their own."

Re: Too many mundane issues

Lol ... when God starts paying my bills, I too would be willing to seriously consider my relationship with the living God. Unfortunatley, the simple truth is that God can't (or wont?) pay everyone's bills
    this post = teh win.

Comment

I concur wit that guys thesis.

Comment

Originally posted by TomServo
        This article was written by some contributor to ArmeniansforChrist.com. The original article is available here: http://www.armeniansforchrist.com/mo...=article&sid=5

Too many mundane issues

I usually see priests and others within the Armenian Apostolic and even some Evangelical circles talking about issues that are secondary at best. As Christians, shouldn't we be primarily concerned about one's relationship to the living God of the Universe? I see other issues taking precedence, like Armenian identity, the holocaust, Armenian cultural observances, etc. Some may be gasping at the fact that I mentioned the holocaust is a secondary issue and that it should not be at the forefront of Armenian interest. Should it? Maybe it should, to those who are only Christian by name but not to those who have a real relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ. Those who are in Christ realize that all these issues are mundane and that the pressing issue should be the proclamation of the gospel. There can be nothing more important than the salvation of souls or can there be? Can you name anything else that can be more important than the salvation of souls from eternal hell? I can't think of one. So, why would these "Christian" Armenians be so misguided as to priorities? Here are a few thoughts I have.

1. The truth of Christ is not a reality but just a passing acceptance due to their allegiance to a religious system.
        2. Being Armenian prevails over being a Christian which is a form of idolatry.
        3. The Armenian Church is inseparable to the identity of Armenian culture and therefore advocating Armenian heritage or Armenian interests one would assumingly be advocating Christianity and thus satisfying their need for any religious practice.
        4. Self elevation rather than Christ elevation.
        5. Personal holiness is not a concern.

The underlying issue I would say is pride. Armenian identity is preeminent in the Armenian community, especially in the Diasporas.

1 John 2:16: “For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the boastful pride of life, is not from the Father, but is from the world.”

Armenians have a great history of heritage and culture, an ancient people but does that outweigh the greatness of the gospel? Never! Does this mean we should never teach about Armenian heritage to the next generation? No. Just don’t make it your main concern because whatever precedes in priority to the person of Jesus Christ, be it culture, identity, accomplishments, etc, it is idolatry. Only the Lord Jesus Christ is worthy of such praise and admiration.

Heb 1:10-12: And, "YOU, LORD, IN THE BEGINNING LAID THE FOUNDATION OF THE EARTH, AND THE HEAVENS ARE THE WORKS OF YOUR HANDS; THEY WILL PERISH, BUT YOU REMAIN; AND THEY ALL WILL BECOME OLD LIKE A GARMENT, AND LIKE A MANTLE YOU WILL ROLL THEM UP; LIKE A GARMENT THEY WILL ALSO BE CHANGED. BUT YOU ARE THE SAME, AND YOUR YEARS WILL NOT COME TO AN END."

This world is perishing and will come to an end. Don’t let your work be in vain. There is no identity in heaven other than those who have been saved by the blood of Christ. A Christian, a true Christian will see this and his desires will not be misguided. Christians will desire to give their utmost for the advancement of God’s kingdom and not their own."
        I think a person has to have faith to truly follow any religous doctrine. Without going too much into my personal life I would have to agree with you that I personally never saw the Armenian church(or any other that I personally know of) as being true representatives of Christian values. I am not referring to Christian values as expressed in modern interpretations of the "bible". More along the lines of the gnostic origins of the religion.

Comment

թեսթ թեսթ ֆօնթ

Comment

թեսթ

Comment

Originally posted by gmd
              I think a person has to have faith to truly follow any religous doctrine.
              I completely agree with you. Although there are those that might argue that in order to believe ANYTHING, one must have faith (for example faith in the correctness of initial assumptions).

Religious doctrine often requires what I would call "blind" faith.
              this post = teh win.

Comment

I think that institutionalized religion in general obsesses over the mandane aspects of faith, rather than stressing
                spirituality. Like with the Catholic Church, it's so concerned about whether or not Mary was conceived immaculately...It's such a mundane issue don't think it should matter that much.

Comment

Originally posted by crusader1492
                  թեսթ
                  erevooma enger

Comment

Ladies and gentleman, TomServo has spoken lol.
                    Achkerov kute.

Comment

Working...
                    X