Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

do u have dreams?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do u have dreams?

everyone has a dream, a single one , which can be cosidered even as his/her aim...and ppl do their best to make their dream come true... so i'm wondering what's ur favourite dream if u have any?

P.S. is it good if ppl have dreams and hope? or it takes them from reality and when it doesn't come true ppl become deeply disapponited.

Re: do u have dreams?

Pretty much all my dreams have come true. So I guess I am pretty lucky.
    this post = teh win.

Comment

Originally posted by Sip View Post
      At the time you were dreaming, I wonder how sure or optimistic you were about them to come true one day?
      Last edited by Lucin; 06-04-2007, 07:38 AM.

Comment

hmm allll ur dreams??unbelievably

Comment

Originally posted by Lucin View Post
          At the time you were dreaming, I wonder how sure or optimistic you were about them to come true one day?
          I have often been a fairly optimistic person. You can't always be sure but it depends on what kind of dreamer you are. Some people have grand or often unrealistic dreams. Like young boys dreaming of being NBA stars ... well, unfortunately, that ain't gonna happen

But dreaming of finishing up a degree, or buying a certain kind of car(s) and building them to your likings, a fast boat, taking certain kind of trips, dating or living with a super hot and smart girl, landing a good job, buying a house, etc etc

... those are the kinds of dreams that can definitely come true with some careful planning, hard work, and sometimes with a bit of just pure luck
          this post = teh win.

Comment

I have often been a fairly optimistic person. You can't always be sure but it depends on what kind of dreamer you are. Some people have grand or often unrealistic dreams. Like young boys dreaming of being NBA stars ... well, unfortunately, that ain't gonna happen

But dreaming of finishing up a degree, or buying a certain kind of car(s) and building them to your likings, a fast boat, taking certain kind of trips, dating or living with a super hot and smart girl, landing a good job, buying a house, etc etc

... those are the kinds of dreams that can definitely come true with some careful planning, hard work, and sometimes with a bit of just pure luck
            No, I’ don’t dream of being a queen. I’m not unrealistic, but even when talking about the realistic dreams you mentioned, it is not an easy thing
            at all to achieve all this especially for someone your age, if they have been accomplished solely and without daddy’s help. Anyway…I think God has probably “kissed” you.

Good for you!

Comment

I was very lucky to have great parents ... "daddy's help" ... he has always been a very very big help in many ways. And so has been my mom. They were the ones who always encouraged me and even pushed me to do my best. Of course it was also very nice of them for not kicking me out of the house while I was in school till 28. Although with the exception of "rent" and the home cooked meals, I did support myself for everything else after highschool (school, car, insurance, books, clothes, travel, etc).

But there are definitely times where it's hard to stay optimistic ... like when you are 27 and still in school, with friends off working with decent jobs, forming families, buying fancy cars and homes, etc, it's hard to sometimes stay focused on dreams. But I am glad I did! Because when they do come true, there is really no feeling like it Talking of age, 31 is right around the corner next month but I don't feel a day over 30.

At the same time though, it's not good to dream too much ... sometimes you have to count your blessings with what you have and enjoy the life in the now. Sometimes it helps to think how much worse things could be because as bad as things get, they can often be a lot worse. The hard part is finding a good balance between dreaming, living, worrying, enjoying, and enduring the pains of working hard.

By the way, my next dream (goal?) is to drop about 50 or so pounds I don't think being overweight and old is going to mix well. Hopefully this will be a goal and not just a dream.
              Last edited by Sip; 06-05-2007, 12:55 PM.
              this post = teh win.

Comment

Sip, did you read my mind? More or less, you just described the phase I’m going through but I don’t know if I can keep up with it. But the guilt that without your daddy’s help you’d be a worthless piece of xxxx is always with me, being 23 and still relying hugely on your father, that kinda bothers. (And soon I should make a BIG decision that could change my life forever.)

But in your case, I feel that many elements (some environmental) besides your intelligence and hard work have had huge effects to take you where you are today.(Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to put your self down.)
                Last edited by Lucin; 06-06-2007, 12:55 AM.

Comment

I have dreams of being a medicine man. It seems highly unrealistic that I will be able to throw dust onto a sick person and heal him, or make some treatment for diseases by crushing exotic leaves together. Now I'm sad.
                  Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse View Post
                    I have dreams of being a medicine man. It seems highly unrealistic that I will be able to throw dust onto a sick person and heal him, or make some treatment for diseases by crushing exotic leaves together. Now I'm sad.
                    You just need the right leaves and the right dust/powder.

Comment

Working...
                    X