Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Opinion Poll: Who Is The True Friend of Armenia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Opinion Poll: Who Is The True Friend of Armenia?

I think right after France, Iran should be considered as the second best friend. Russia give or take, forget Georgia. US good to play politics with. Lebanon and China, yeah why not, to a degree.

Comment

Russia is a big friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Siamanto View Post
        Is that anything more than a certain perception? So why do you think only 9% (of the polled) perceives Iran as a "true friend?"
        Except for one period in our history- in the 5th century, more precisely in 451- I don't remember Armenia and Iran having issues(If I'm not mistaken). Furthermore, what brings and will always bring the two countries (Iran and Armenia) closer is Turds and the threat of Pan-Turkism. But as you stated earlier the friendship is just based on common interests.
        I am glad that today, Armenia has developed balanced and cordial relationships with both her 'neighbours' and the western world, the US...
        Last edited by Lucin; 07-15-2007, 01:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucin View Post
          Except for one period in our history- in the 5th century, more precisely in 451- I don't remember Armenia and Iran having issues(If I'm not mistaken). Furthermore, what brings and will always bring the two countries (Iran and Armenia) closer is Turds and the threat of Pan-Turkism. But as you stated earlier the friendship is just based on common interests.
          Thanks! If the fear of Pan-Turkism can bring or is bringing us together, do the polled consider it as secondary? I'm still curious about the perception of the polled.
          Also, I wonder if the polled population faithfully represents the population of (Current) Armenia?
          Last edited by Siamanto; 07-15-2007, 01:09 PM.
          What if I find someone else when looking for you? My soul shivers as the idea invades my mind.

Comment

The Iranian people definitely are (and have been) good friends of Armenians. But the Islamic Republic that is currently in charge, has certain obvious conflicts of interest when it comes to Christian Armenia and the Christian minorities in Iran so things are not as peachy as they used to be ... however, Iran is still the biggest "ally" we have in the region so I hope the fundamental "Islamic" morons in charge don't start to screw that up.
            this post = teh win.

Comment

Originally posted by Sip View Post
              The Iranian people definitely are (and have been) good friends of Armenians. But the Islamic Republic that is currently in charge, has certain obvious conflicts of interest when it comes to Christian Armenia and the Christian minorities in Iran so things are not as peachy as they used to be ... however, Iran is still the biggest "ally" we have in the region so I hope the fundamental "Islamic" morons in charge don't start to screw that up.
              Wrong, the Islamic Republic has no "obvious" conflicts of interest when it comes to Christian Armenia. The Islamic Republic of Iran supported Armenia, albeit indirectly, during the war with Muslim Azerbaijan. Don't mix religion with politics. Religion has been used and abused when necessary for example to rally the masses and especially the uneducated class of society.
              Like Lucin said one of the fundamental reasons for the close relationship between Iran and Armenia is the threat of Pan-Turkism. I think this says enough.

This might come to you as a shock but the Armenian minority in Iran is very well treated and respected. They are by no means being treated as second-class citizens because of their religion. I have relatives in Iran so I know what I'm talking about.
              Last edited by Lernakan; 07-16-2007, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian View Post
                As for "Sip"... Well, don't mind him... He's just upset that his family members in Tehran could not wear miniskirts and act silly-billy after the Islamists deposed the murderous western puppet, the Shah...
                No ... I was "upset" because they reduced OUR Armenian lessons from several hours every day to less than 1-2 hours per week in OUR Armenian schools... and even that, came after a very long and hard fought battle thanks to our very strong and tight knit Armenian community in Iran that really stuck together and FOUGHT for our rights. I am "upset" because they forced us to learn the Qur'an and Arabic instead of Armenian in OUR Armenian schools in Iran. I am "upset" because a potentially wonderful country with a lot of promise for growth and advancement took a step back, several centuries, where civil "liberties" are now dictated by a fundamentally religious set of wackos rather than something more fitting of the freaking 20th century or even the 19th century for that matter. You think Armenians are free in Iran? That is laughable. I would just dare any woman to walk down the street without that rediculous head scarf ... mini skirt? LMAO yah just try that too (as a man).

If it weren't for the generocity and the intelligence of the Iranian people, those idiots in charge would have wiped out all non-islamic minorities at the first chance they got. But the Iranian PEOPLE are the ones who wouldn't allow it.
                Last edited by Sip; 07-16-2007, 12:52 PM.
                this post = teh win.

Comment

Originally posted by Lernakan View Post
                  Religion has merely been used as tool in politics to rally the masses. Like Lucin said one of the fundamental reasons for the close relationship between Iran and Armenia is the threat of Pan-Turkism. I think this says enough.
                  Bravo Lernakan and Lucin!!!

You two Parska-Hais are individuals with foresight, objectivity and intellect. I'm glad balanced individuals like you participate within these discussion groups. We have way too many brain-dead posters here, the sad by-products of a shallow materialist culture in a globalized world. Nonetheless, these discussion boards are monitored by governmental agencies, let's for once show them how Armenian Nationalists think, let's show them who we really are.

As for "Sip"... Well, don't mind him... He's just upset that his family members in Tehran could not wear miniskirts and act silly-billy after the Islamists deposed the murderous western puppet, the Shah...

Regarding this silly poll:

We Armenians, like all other nations, do not have "friends" we have national "interests."

Today, and into the foreseeable future, our national interests lie primarily with Tehran and Moscow - for obvious geostrategic reasons. As a matter of fact, the only nations to whom our national existence matters today is Russia and Iran. Due to Armenia's peculiar circumstances with its neighbors (ie, Tureky, Azerbaijan and Georgia) Armenia today is a political problem, an obstacle, for power brokers within the western world.
                  Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Lernakan View Post
                    Wrong, the Islamic Republic has no "obvious" conflicts of interest when it comes to Christian Armenia.
                    Islamic Republic .. Christian Armenia ... 'nuf said.
                    this post = teh win.

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian View Post
                      Bravo Lernakan and Lucin!!!

You two Parska-Hais are individuals with foresight, objectivity and intellect. I'm glad balanced individuals like you participate within these discussion groups.
                      շնորհակալուտյուն ջերմ խոսքերից ընկեր: Ես ճեզնից շատ բաներ եմ սովորել եվ կշարունակեմ սովորել:

Comment

Working...
                      X