Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

I wonder why there's so much hate directed towards Armenians..who don't look armenian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I wonder why there's so much hate directed towards Armenians..who don't look arme

maybe you guys are right, its just when I was little and I read Armenian books of ancient armenian heroes and they described these heroes as having rich golden curly hair. and long ago i was told by my grandmother that the ancient armenians had these complexions. I myself have dark hair and brown eyes and so does all my family (intermediate and extended) everybody in Yerevan has a similar complexion (except russians and tourists). I also did some research and found out that armenians had the complexion features we find today with ordinary armenians. sorry guys
    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
    ---
    "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Re: I wonder why there's so much hate directed towards Armenians..who don't look arme

Originally posted by Mos View Post
      maybe you guys are right, its just when I was little and I read Armenian books of ancient armenian heroes and they described these heroes as having rich golden curly hair. and long ago i was told by my grandmother that the ancient armenians had these complexions. I myself have dark hair and brown eyes and so does all my family (intermediate and extended) everybody in Yerevan has a similar complexion (except russians and tourists). I also did some research and found out that armenians had the complexion features we find today with ordinary armenians. sorry guys
      Genetically speaking, Armenians are quite typical of the ancient Caucasus and Anatolia. If you examine frescoes, pottery and paintings by different nations from the classical period (Hittites, Greeks, Romans, Etruscans, Assyrians, Minoans, Persians, etc) you will see that these people were overwhelmingly light skinned (and olive skinned) brunettes with prominent noses and curly/wavy hair. As for Blondism, it most probably developed within isolated pockets of the Caucasus during or soon after the last Ice Age and spread primarily northwards from there.

Ancient Armenian texts don't specifically refer to blond Armenians. For example, Vahagn's "fiery hair" is a mythological metaphor. Could they have meant blond? Perhaps, but its not clear. However, there are many Armenian folk songs that refer to golden haired and/or blue eyed girls. There are songs describing dark haired "black" eyed girls as well. The point is, original Armenians are typical of the region where they first emerged as a nation, the Caucasus and Anatolia, the Armenian Highlands. And although we Armenians are predominantly brunettes, individuals with light hair and light eyes are also naturally occurring within the Armenian nation.

Thus, an accurate statement would be: Early Armenians were Brunettes as well as Blonds. Nevertheless, the "early Armenians were all blond" myth comes from the twentieth century when people wanted to look and act "Western." The "Ken and Barbi" syndrome, if you will.

The biggest problem I have with people stating that early Armenians were blond and that we have gradually changed is the 'suggestion' that we Armenians have 'darkened' throughout the years, insinuating that we have mixed with Turks and Arabs. It's simply not true. As a matter of fact, it is regional new comers like the Turks and the Arabs that have absorbed our genetic makeup thereby making them look more or less like us.
      Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Smaller populations cannot absorb larger populations. That is a fallacy. Our features are likely the result of mixing with our conquerors, enemies, and neighbors. And, as a result, true Armenian features have probably changed over the centuries. You do not see Iranians or Turks using Armenian words in their dialects but Armenians have blended their words into our tapestry of language.

We are transitory peoples whose population has been spread across all continents, and our numbers are small relative to those nations where we have made home. Our genes have not been isolated by geography, ideology or history.

As naive as it may be to say that we are all blonde and blue eyes, it is equally naive to say that our features now are true 'Armenian' features.

We are a mosaic, a fresco of all the rays of light in the prism. And fair haired, fair eyed individuals are part of the picture and not the border.
        Last edited by freakyfreaky; 08-13-2007, 10:46 PM. Reason: corrections and additions
        Between childhood, boyhood,
        adolescence
        & manhood (maturity) there
        should be sharp lines drawn w/
        Tests, deaths, feats, rites
        stories, songs & judgements

- Morrison, Jim. Wilderness, vol. 1, p. 22

Comment

Originally posted by freakyfreaky View Post
          You do not see Iranians or Turks using Armenian words in their dialects but Armenians have blended their words into our tapestry of language.
          Maybe not in state-sponsored Ataturk Turkish.

In some Anatolian dialects they use words like "bzdik" and "paghnik." I'm sure there are more words.

The word for cross is "hach."

Comment

Smaller populations cannot absorb larger populations. That is a fallacy. Our features are likely the result of mixing with our conquerors, enemies, and neighbors. And, as a result, true Armenian features have probably changed over the centuries. You do not see Iranians or Turks using Armenian words in their dialects but Armenians have blended their words into our tapestry of language.
            Oh, really??
            A large portion of our Armenian vocabulary is derived from ancient Persian (ie; Pahlavi) and not Turkish. But an overwhelming majority of Turkish vocabulary is derived from modern Persian and Arabic. Thus if you see some Armenians using 'Turkish' words; look for a Perso-Arabic origin for that word.

Comment

You do not see Iranians or Turks using Armenian words in their dialects but Armenians have blended their words into our tapestry of language.
              First of all, I don't know what language has to do with genetics. We all know that turks originated on the eastern side of the Caspian Sea, and all real turks are slanty eyed. The Iranians I consider a fairly close to us people anyway. Antolian "turks" today are a mix of all the indigenous people of Anatolia, Caucasus, Balkans, and Levant -- their asian features are existant amongst a minority.

Comment

heh i look more armenian than anything else...and i'm only 1/4. go figure.

Comment

Originally posted by skhara View Post
                  First of all, I don't know what language has to do with genetics. We all know that turks originated on the eastern side of the Caspian Sea, and all real turks are slanty eyed. The Iranians I consider a fairly close to us people anyway. Antolian "turks" today are a mix of all the indigenous people of Anatolia, Caucasus, Balkans, and Levant -- their asian features are existant amongst a minority.

OK you acknowledge that Anatolian Turks are genetically a mixture of indigenous peoples of Anatolia.

So I presume you will also agree that since they are a mixture of Anatolian peoples (amongst others) then they have the right to remain in Anatolia and not the eastern side of the Caspian sea?

Comment

Um. I was trying to explain how our genes have been blended with others and used language to explain it; kind of like a metaphor.

Sorry, it must have gone over your head.

We are not isolated peoples.
                    Between childhood, boyhood,
                    adolescence
                    & manhood (maturity) there
                    should be sharp lines drawn w/
                    Tests, deaths, feats, rites
                    stories, songs & judgements

- Morrison, Jim. Wilderness, vol. 1, p. 22

Comment

Originally posted by Celal View Post
                      So I presume you will also agree that since they are a mixture of Anatolian peoples (amongst others) then they have the right to remain in Anatolia and not the eastern side of the Caspian sea?
                      You can stay, as long as you:

Give back Western Armenia; pay Armenians billions of USD in reparations; convert to Greek or Assyrian Christianity; stop talking your gibberish language; and stop worshiping your alcoholic/pedophiliac/Joo deity called Ataturk.

So, its your choice. Are you going to say?
                      Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                      X