Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Julfa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Julfa

Young Russians in Moscow have blockaded the Estonian Embassy for relocating a Soviet WWII Statue and graves in Estonia from its in situ state to a less popular location.

Perhaps vandalism but not cultural destruction, yet look at the Russian outcry. Just makes my eyes wet that Armenians couldn’t even get the news published about the complete wipeout of their ancient medieval cemetery in Djulfa.

Why are the Russians making news? They have threatened to cut oil supply to Estonia. But let’s not justify the lack of Armenian oil for the Armenian inability to shake the world for Djulfa’s wipe out.

This guy has a point.

Originally posted by chinchilla View Post
    But let’s not justify the lack of Armenian oil for the Armenian inability to shake the world for Djulfa’s wipe out.
    Try to explain the inability in any other way, and then wait for some monobrow Armo thugs to call on you.
    Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
      Try to explain the inability in any other way, and then wait for some monobrow Armo thugs to call on you.
      As I recall Armenians worldwide did just about everything they could to bring this to the world's attention. We wrote into newpapers, lobbied governments, sent out the actual videos of the destruction as it was occuring in its finals stages but the the response back to us was subdued. Every Armenian I know and every non-Armenian I told about this was livid and believed that something should be done. I beleive the toothless EU was even going to send a delegation to see the site but the Azeris of course rejected this and the EU did nothing more. Otherwise, it was another case of justice going unaswered because of real-polilitik.

These days it is becoming more and more "un-pc" to bring up any Muslim transgressions, whether it is the Taliban destroying buddhist statues of the Azeris destroying an Armenian cemetary, etc.
      General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph View Post
        As I recall Armenians worldwide did just about everything they could to bring this to the world's attention. We wrote into newpapers, lobbied governments, sent out the actual videos of the destruction as it was occuring in its finals stages but the the response back to us was subdued. Every Armenian I know and every non-Armenian I told about this was livid and believed that something should be done. I beleive the toothless EU was even going to send a delegation to see the site but the Azeris of course rejected this and the EU did nothing more. Otherwise, it was another case of justice going unaswered because of real-polilitik.

These days it is becoming more and more "un-pc" to bring up any Muslim transgressions, whether it is the Taliban destroying buddhist statues of the Azeris destroying an Armenian cemetary, etc.
        I am so tired of all the above.

Your videos are all crap - amateurish rubbish, made by Armenians for other Armenians. Made just so that those who made them can get pats on the back from those who watch them. Same for your press releases (when you bother to write them).

The Kocharian regime does not wish to blacken the name of Azerbaijan too much because it now wishes to come to an agreement with it over NK. That is why very little is now said officially by Armenia. The implication that what happened to the khatchkars is what will happen to NK's Armenians if Azerbaijan ever has the chance, is not something that the powers-that-be in Armenia wishes its population to think about.

Other Armenian groups and organisations do the opposite, and made political capital out of it. They exagerated the damage in the first attack on the cemetery, and said it was completely destroyed after the second attack. Their activities were only interested in gaining the attention of Armenians, and their propaganda had no influence on outside bodies. Anyway, they were using the issue of the graveyard's destruction for their own short-term ends - and had no intentions of actually saving it (which would defeat the purpose of using the destruction for those ends).

So Azerbaijan has oil, and a pipeline, and the political influence that goes with it. Well so xxxxing what! That realty is blindingly obvious! Do you want to wait 'till everything in the world is ideal, or do you recognise the way things are and divise ways to work around, to neutralise, or to avoid those barriers?

Last October, at the meeting with the head of UNESCO I was concerned from the outset at the attitudes of those going there - they were all far too deferential to UNESCO. t was as if finally having the "honour" of an "audience" with Matsura was all that was important, and doing something about the fate of Julfa was a side-issue. They did not seem to realise that Matsura is the person primarily responsible for UNESCOs inactivity. Myself and a MP from Canada were the only ones that did anything useful at the actual meeting, by asking Matsura some difficult questions. Unfortunately, so much time was wasted by everyone being given two minutes of grandstanding at the start of the meeting that Matsuura was able to call a halt to proceedings just as the questioning got too uncomfortable for him.

And my final point will be made by those who reply to this posting. They will spew all their usual bile out at the bearer of the bad news rather than doing anything against the creators of the bad news. Meanwhile, for Azerbaijan it is business as usual. They probably can't believe their luck! Next time, they will be thinking "we must try it with 2000 living Armenians in Artsakh, and not just 2000 inanimate gravestones near Julfa".
        Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

I am so tired of all the above.

Your videos are all crap - amateurish rubbish, made by Armenians for other Armenians. Made just so that those who made them can get pats on the back from those who watch them. Same for your press releases (when you bother to write them).

The Kocharian regime does not wish to blacken the name of Azerbaijan too much because it now wishes to come to an agreement with it over NK. That is why very little is now said officially by Armenia. The implication that what happened to the khatchkars is what will happen to NK's Armenians if Azerbaijan ever has the chance, is not something that the powers-that-be in Armenia wishes its population to think about.

Other Armenian groups and organisations do the opposite, and made political capital out of it. They exagerated the damage in the first attack on the cemetery, and said it was completely destroyed after the second attack. Their activities were only interested in gaining the attention of Armenians, and their propaganda had no influence on outside bodies. Anyway, they were using the issue of the graveyard's destruction for their own short-term ends - and had no intentions of actually saving it (which would defeat the purpose of using the destruction for those ends).

So Azerbaijan has oil, and a pipeline, and the political influence that goes with it. Well so xxxxing what! That realty is blindingly obvious! Do you want to wait 'till everything in the world is ideal, or do you recognise the way things are and divise ways to work around, to neutralise, or to avoid those barriers?

Last October, at the meeting with the head of UNESCO I was concerned from the outset at the attitudes of those going there - they were all far too deferential to UNESCO. t was as if finally having the "honour" of an "audience" with Matsura was all that was important, and doing something about the fate of Julfa was a side-issue. They did not seem to realise that Matsura is the person primarily responsible for UNESCOs inactivity. Myself and a MP from Canada were the only ones that did anything useful at the actual meeting, by asking Matsura some difficult questions. Unfortunately, so much time was wasted by everyone being given two minutes of grandstanding at the start of the meeting that Matsuura was able to call a halt to proceedings just as the questioning got too uncomfortable for him.

And my final point will be made by those who reply to this posting. They will spew all their usual bile out at the bearer of the bad news rather than doing anything against the creators of the bad news. Meanwhile, for Azerbaijan it is business as usual. They probably can't believe their luck! Next time, they will be thinking "we must try it with 2000 living Armenians in Artsakh, and not just 2000 inanimate gravestones near Julfa".
          I will not spew bile because of what you have written. I find many of your points enlightening and interesting. My only concern is about the tone you use and patronizing attitude and obvious dislike you seem to have for Armenians in general.
          General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

There was some response to the desecration.

If the Armenian president would like to keep it on the down low, then why does the Armenian Ministry of Foreign Affairs have the following on their website? http://www.armeniaforeignministry.com/jugha/

See also:
            Este dominio ha sido registrado por medio del agente registrador DonDominio.com

Comment

Originally posted by chinchilla View Post
              There was some response to the desecration.

If the Armenian president would like to keep it on the down low, then why does the Armenian Ministry of Foreign Affairs have the following on their website? http://www.armeniaforeignministry.com/jugha/
              That is keeping it low profile. I don't think the main purpose of the Armenian foreign ministry is making a website.
              Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

I will not spew bile because of what you have written. I find many of your points enlightening and interesting. My only concern is about the tone you use and patronizing attitude and obvious dislike you seem to have for Armenians in general.
                You do just as I predicted - attack the bearer of the bad news rather than the creators of the bad news.
                Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

You do just as I predicted - attack the bearer of the bad news rather than the creators of the bad news.
                  Please re-read my response to you. I am not attacking you as the bearer of bad news and indeed I find your opinions enlightening and learn from them. I am attacking the tone you use and the fact that you hurl insults.

Comment

Please re-read my response to you. I am not attacking you as the bearer of bad news and indeed I find your opinions enlightening and learn from them. I am attacking the tone you use and the fact that you hurl insults.
                    What insults? Or do you define an insult as daring to tell things the way they are. If so - then expect more of the same. Reminds me of what one of the group who went to UNESCO said about my questions directed at Matsura "you were very insulting to him - but he completely deserved it". See those teeth in my avatar. They may be small but they are sharp.
                    Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Working...
                    X