Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Why Is International Recognition of Armenian Genocide Important To You?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why Is International Recognition of Armenian Genocide Important To You?

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
    We should still try the legal route, however as Armenia continues to grow we must always keep in mind that our western lands must be returned either freely (don't hold your breath) or by force. Already lines are being drawn in the sand, I am of course referring to a future conflict- a major one, and I can tell you Armenia and turgay will not be on the same side. This is why it's so important to strengthen Armenia economically, politically, and militarily for when this day comes.
    Even if Armenian and Turkey came to blows some time in the distant future, Armenia would not stand a chance without significant financial, military and moral support from abroad (Russia?). If Armenia chose to reclaim Western Armenia, they would have to deal with over 1,000,000 troops (active and reserve) from Turkey (don't think for a second that they wouldn't devote all of these troops) and over 600,000 (active and reserve) Azeri troops from the East. How would an Armenian military of 400,000 (active and reserve) cope with these overwhelming forces?

Comment

Originally posted by yerazhishda View Post
      Even if Armenian and Turkey came to blows some time in the distant future, Armenia would not stand a chance without significant financial, military and moral support from abroad (Russia?). If Armenia chose to reclaim Western Armenia, they would have to deal with over 1,000,000 troops (active and reserve) from Turkey (don't think for a second that they wouldn't devote all of these troops) and over 600,000 (active and reserve) Azeri troops from the East. How would an Armenian military of 400,000 (active and reserve) cope with these overwhelming forces?

How is it that israel has been able to defeat the arabs 3 times?! Like I said, the time we have now we need to strengthen Armenia, one of the most important parts being military hardware, troop moral and training level of the soldiers and officers.

Modern (conventional) wars are not and will not be won based on numbers, but rather equipment, troop training and moral.
      For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
      to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
        Modern (conventional) wars are not and will not be won based on numbers, but rather equipment, troop training and moral.
        If anything, the Artsakh liberation war proves that these two points are not necessary to win a war. Well, at least for Armenians...
        Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian View Post
          I want revenge one way or another.
          That should help North Pole understand -- for the tremendous suffering that the third reich inflicted on the population, revenge ten fold was eventually given. The Soviet Union expanded (and in turn todays Russia has some territory she would not otherwise have).

The Armenian genocide is the reason why today's Armenia is tiny and landlocked.

Comment

Originally posted by North Pole View Post
            I am not an expert on this subject, so I believe you are saying that Turkey took part of Armenian land in early XX century? Correct?
            You can call it political or whatever. In the end, this entity of which you speak is an enemy entity -- I for one support all the efforts that Armenian people (indeed all people) partake in to do damage to this entity.

Comment

Originally posted by yerazhishda View Post
              You are missing the point. Read my thoughts regarding these topics in the following two threads.

Liberation of Western Armenia: http://forum.armenianclub.com/showthread.php?t=7562

Armenian-Turkish Relations: http://forum.armenianclub.com/showthread.php?t=8143
              Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

The patients is the key. Keep the hope alive and you never know. With 30 million Kurds and outside enemies all around, the day will come sooner or later.

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian View Post
                  After "recognition" the next step would be financial reparations and the return of our historic lands.
                  Dear Armenian,

While I agree with the content of your post, there's this one misunderstanding that I would like to point out. In this post I have explained why we don't need whoever goes to the White House to utter the term Armenian Genocide in order for us to get that less than 40% of our homeland for which we have the deeds so to speak.

In fact the J factor in the American administration has fooled us into believing unless the US recognizes (which it already has, more than once) the AG, we are not allowed to pass to the next step, i.e. land reparations.

The HR106 (where it clearly asserts that “This resolution may be cited as the ‘Affirmation of the United States Record on the Armenian Genocide Resolution’”) will never pass because it is a lever in the hands of you know who to push the buttons of Turks and Armenians whenever they need it, to force concessions out of the Turks and give us false hopes. Therefore, in order for us to deprive them of this lever we should raise the Wilson arbitration issue.

Please read the post so that I do not have to copy/paste it once more.

Just let me give you an example:

A gang of murderous rapists force a beautiful, luxury car to pull over. Rape and beat the wife and the kids to death, torture and kill the man and somehow one kid manages to survive. Then these thugs bump the car into every passing vehicle, drive it into a tree and all you have in the end is just a destroyed carcass of the car.

Giving this “back” to the kid should not be viewed as compensation. Giving us the Wilsonian Armenia, with all our civilization and monuments reduced to rubble should not be considered an act of mercy and repentance from or punishment for the Turk. It belongs to us under watertight international law and recognition or not, the state of Armenia has the duty to raise this issue, as do all the parties who signed the awarding of the arbitration of the delineation of the border between Turkey and Armenia to Woodrow Wilson.

This will:

I. Disarm Turkey of its “arguments” for constant manipulation of everyone to oil its denial machine.

II. Shut up those who have fooled us into believing that we have to follow a certain method to get land from the perpetrator of the genocide. We were living in our home for thousands of years and with the Wilson arbitration we do not need to emotionally blackmail the world to get land that already belongs to us according to international law for 88 years.

III. Force these deniers to pass resolution after resolution, recognizing the Armenian Genocide and beg us on their knees, only if we would leave their Turk whore alone.

IV. This will drive the last nail into the stinking coffin of pan-Turkism, seeing that the “wedge” is too large for them to eliminate Armenia they'll give up the delusional ideology; as a result the Artsakh issue will be solved much faster (why would they need it anymore when it would not make the Armenian wedge vulnerable any longer?) and the process of evolution from Turk to man may actually begin once they see pan-Turkism is dead for good.

Reparation and compensation for all our martyred brothers and sisters and our destroyed monuments we will ask when Turkey recognizes the crime, whenever that may be. The Armenian people everywhere should work harder into getting the attention of our statesmen to think seriously about this.

At the moment, Ara Papian is doing a great job. Two of Artak's recent programs were dedicated to this issue where Ara Papian was the guest. You can watch these on memocast.com. Search string: Lessons of Armenian History

Comment

Working...
                  X