Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

The next step

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by taboo
    I am sure you are right. But again that doesnt show the whole people idealogy and aim. There are soo many Skin Heads gangs in Germany, the government of German people did alot to get rid of them. But again it stays the same. I guess at this point we should better distunguish the starting point and aim. Who did it and why they did that?
    I am proud to be Turkish, and i am proud of my multi-cultural ethnic background. You feel alot more tollerant against any kind of angryness and violence if you know the reason and solution.
    My mother came from Greece and my father came from middle Anatolia.
    My Grandfather (my dad's father) is Arab, and he was the police officer chief of Kemal Ataturk. My mother's father coming from Kirim (Russia). I am proud of this. I have tons of Armenian, Jewish, and Cypriot friends. We are always talking about the confilicts and how people are trying to manipulate NOW with THE PAST. I am just willing to underline, It is a redicilous thing to do. If were are trying to distort/change NOW by using PAST, we commit SIN i guess.

Those things happened before, are not happening right now. Ofcourse there are some people who has sick ideas, but this doesnt reflect the whole precious attitude of Turkish. I must honestly say, Turkey and Turkish people has been and will always be, well behaved/loving and careing towards foreigners/minorities and each other by %90 of the population. This is real and will always be. I really dont care that little percentage and eventually if we stop talking about that percentage and pin point it, it will disapear.

Turkey and Turkish shared alot with their minorities (not like any other country). We suffered together, we laughed together and worked together and sure will live together for many many years.

I dont think diging the graves and trying to prove the old suffering and pain every second day will going to help someone/or some government to recognize or fell the pain of those people who suffered. It will just going to start a flame of endless and pointless war.

I personally fell the pain and suffering of people who has been betrayed and also who has been badly treated. But at the end this is life.
    Life is not always full of joy.

I dont think there is a problem for Turkey and Armenia to overcome this particular situation. In fact we as people has already did that.
    And If you are talking about politicts. Who cares about those bunch of idiots anyway.

Cheeres to everyone.
    Thanks for your thoughts I myself have a lot of Turkish friends and do agree that the majority of Turkish people are nice and we're so much alike..my problem is not with people like you its with the mistakes that were done by the previous Turkish governments ...However I do agree that digging the past will not help anything we should look into the future
    Take care

Comment

Hi Hovik and Nemesis;

I can not agree with you guys more.
      I came to this forum with prejudice feeling but now i can say, it is a great forum to be.

I am thinking exactly what you guys are saying.
      We need to change our image as Turkey in Europe and in America and also act like a democratic country.(i am saying act, because IMHO no country is democratic and will never be ) We are maybe the worst country in the world not representing itself nicely.

I will do my best, and will fight against with the problems in my country and in my government which is misrepresenting the majority of Turkish people and reflecting a very false image of what Turkey is.

As you can tell, the coruption in Turkey's government is really high. Nothing is done and everything is moving really slowly. (Even if, the recent government looks like they are doing something. But deeply they are not)
      But if we as Turkish people will create a public opinion, i think they will act sooner.

I am hoping that we will overcome this.
      Thanks for the heads up guys. I really appriciated.

You can now officially count me in.
      And this can be my official joining msg to this forum.

Cheers to everyone.
      Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X