Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Orhan Pamuk:Hero or Traitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TurQ
    This is irrelevant:
    When was the last time that you were in Turkey? I mean at what age did you leave? Did you have same kind of feelings when you were living in Istanbul?
    Did you feel discriminated or feel the otherness while you were living in Istanbul? Does your mother and father or siblings(if you have any) feel the same or close to how you feel in general about Turks and Armenian relations?
    May be it sounds meaningless but I am wondering if as the generations pass people feel more distanced or not( I mean those who live outside Turkey).

There was a series of series published in Radikal news paper about being Armenian in Turkey and in general Armenians of Turkey. Did you read it?
    hahaha - I know a few Turks who are neither Armenian nor fully Turkish...and they have some incredible and amazing stories of discrimination - official (even to the point of loss of citizenship and exile) and otherwise...so please don't pretend that this is not so...

Comment

Sounds like another consparacy theorie to me the sort that can be found in any Turkish cofeehouse
      "All truth passes through three stages:
      First, it is ridiculed;
      Second, it is violently opposed; and
      Third, it is accepted as self-evident."

Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Comment

He is a hero because as a Turk he has the balls to admit to what really happened, unlike most of them. If there was an option to call him "Dasshakhleh" a would've chose that one

Comment

If for certain people coward ramil safarov is a hero, obviously they won’t consider Orhan Pamuk as hero

Comment

Do not waste your time ...

Originally posted by TurQ
            This is irrelevant:
            When was the last time that you were in Turkey? I mean at what age did you leave? Did you have same kind of feelings when you were living in Istanbul?
            Did you feel discriminated or feel the otherness while you were living in Istanbul? Does your mother and father or siblings(if you have any) feel the same or close to how you feel in general about Turks and Armenian relations?
            May be it sounds meaningless but I am wondering if as the generations pass people feel more distanced or not( I mean those who live outside Turkey).

There was a series of series published in Radikal news paper about being Armenian in Turkey and in general Armenians of Turkey. Did you read it?

Oh come on TurQ .. Who do you think you're kidding here ???

You people are living in a Huge lie, you have been lied to for a long time ... If you are aware of it or not that's not our problem really... Your government don't know that it's violating simplest Human rights, maybe because it has no idea what are the Human Rights...

Will you please stopp the show business!!! And for once start admitting that Turkey isn't the heaven on earth ! You won't "save" your people by insisting denial... And Armenian Genocide won't stop haunting you. So in my opinion, the sooner you stop this meaningless denial and recognize the Armeinan Genocide, the lesser will be the damages that you'll have to go through !!!

Each year pass, will increase the damage you'll face !! The more you deny, the more your cridibilty will damdge in front of your people and International community .... the longer it will take you to recognize the Armeinan Genocide, the more amount of repearation you'll have to pay ... The more of our cultural heratige will be damaged thus the more repareation you'll have to make.

Time is NOT in you favour ... That's what you still don't get. And Armenians will not wake up one day and decide that they will forgive you and drop their case ... It might only get worse with time, specially if Armeinans feel that they are helpless and despreat!!!

You can read this scholarly analysis about Turkey for a change ...ARMENIANS IN TURKEY TODAY by Dr. Tessa Hofmann !!

Comment

Originally posted by elendil
              He is not a hero or a traitor. He is a coward, not because he said "30.000 Kurds and 1 million Armenians killed in this country" but rather he did not participate into discussions in TV channels that he was invited to represent his case. The idiot turned his back to the people to whom he is lecturing about past and thus posseses a responsiblity. If you wont talk with Turkish people about this, what is the point making a claim and running away with a few foreign diplomats? Who will listen to you in that way? What good such an action will make? All the things he has said and done, has promoted his popularity in west nothing more....
              I think he has prefered his books to gain popularity not sily talk shows.
              Do you think he can gain popularity by silly talk shows?
              He has used books to share his thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by maral_m79
                Oh come on TurQ .. Who do you think you're kidding here ???

You people are living in a Huge lie, you have been lied to for a long time ... If you are aware of it or not that's not our problem really... Your government don't know that it's violating simplest Human rights, maybe because it has no idea what are the Human Rights...

Will you please stopp the show business!!! And for once start admitting that Turkey isn't the heaven on earth ! You won't "save" your people by insisting denial... And Armenian Genocide won't stop haunting you. So in my opinion, the sooner you stop this meaningless denial and recognize the Armeinan Genocide, the lesser will be the damages that you'll have to go through !!!

Each year pass, will increase the damage you'll face !! The more you deny, the more your cridibilty will damdge in front of your people and International community .... the longer it will take you to recognize the Armeinan Genocide, the more amount of repearation you'll have to pay ... The more of our cultural heratige will be damaged thus the more repareation you'll have to make.

Time is NOT in you favour ... That's what you still don't get. And Armenians will not wake up one day and decide that they will forgive you and drop their case ... It might only get worse with time, specially if Armeinans feel that they are helpless and despreat!!!

You can read this scholarly analysis about Turkey for a change ...ARMENIANS IN TURKEY TODAY by Dr. Tessa Hofmann !!
                I agree with you!!!A good lesson for TurQ!!!

Comment

Since I have read Tessa Hoffmans’s claim concerning about Gas Chambers made by Turks for Armenians in Trabzon, I realized that every westerner writer is not trustworthy. Even if unconciously, they, of course, have the ability of liying due to some ideas of delirium. Tessa Hoffmann most probably have felt ashamed of Europe’s racist genocidal past and looking for a partner from East to relieve the trouble. A kind of person confessing for calm.

I considered on that many westerner author, historians etc., in order to prevent their civilisation from the criticism of bombing that related to their rooted racist philosophy and actions, they have frequented to throwing muds to Turkey when they catch the opportunity of AG. Those authors have been permanently writing that how Turks mistreated to Armenians and the other christians. I find them exaggerated and I don’t believe. I believe in what I witness is real. And I believe in what it is written in newspaper Radikal that is about opinions of Armenians living in Turkey since many years.

TurQ your comments sounds like a antagonism of intellecttuals, like a typical conservative politician’s, accusing them for despising ordinary people. For me, Pamuk did the right thing. It is not a shame to accept some realities. While we deny them some people like Tessa Hoffmann will get the opportunity to continue their deliriumic works and to exaggerate every thing about Turkey.

And I agree with that Pamuk is neither hero nor traitor.

Comment

Originally posted by cosmos2
                    Since I have read Tessa Hoffmans’s claim concerning about Gas Chambers made by Turks for Armenians in Trabzon, I realized that every westerner writer is not trustworthy. Even if unconciously, they, of course, have the ability of liying due to some ideas of delirium. Tessa Hoffmann most probably have felt ashamed of Europe’s racist genocidal past and looking for a partner from East to relieve the trouble. A kind of person confessing for calm.
                    Classic ... I must say.
                    1) you haven't bother to read the report
                    2) you are attacking the person not the strength of her evidence.
                    3) you don't have anything to say, but it's a lie, or biase ... because you are incapable of building any reasonable counter-argument !!

Well for your info. there were "gas chambers" in the Armenian Genocide, although they were not as developed as Hitler's, but they brought the same result ... that is killing of hundreds or maybe thousands of people in a very short time...
                    Those gas chambers, were the caves all along the way... Armenians were forced to enter the caves or maybe tricked to enter them ... entier villages or more, and the caves were set in fire and their enterence would be closed trapping the Armenians inside....

Many of those caves were found during those passed 90 years, the latest one was found in Syria, the Italian ( If i'm not mistaken) researcher guided by local Bedouin tribes had found one of those Armenian Genocide gas Chambers (caves) ... He said that as soon as he took one of the sceletons out, it disintegrated into sand, due to their exposure to air after all that time !!!

So Mr. smarty ... I guess what you said is totally meaningless ... or maybe that's what you are reading in the idiotic Genocide denial sites !!!

Comment

Originally posted by RUDO
                      Originally posted by elendil
                      He is not a hero or a traitor. He is a coward, not because he said "30.000 Kurds and 1 million Armenians killed in this country" but rather he did not participate into discussions in TV channels that he was invited to represent his case. The idiot turned his back to the people to whom he is lecturing about past and thus posseses a responsiblity. If you wont talk with Turkish people about this, what is the point making a claim and running away with a few foreign diplomats? Who will listen to you in that way? What good such an action will make? All the things he has said and done, has promoted his popularity in west nothing more....
                      I think he has prefered his books to gain popularity not sily talk shows.
                      Do you think he can gain popularity by silly talk shows?
                      He has used books to share his thoughts.
                      Yes, and if people in Turkey think that he's a coward or not trust worthy ... His books wouldn't be the #1 best seller in Turkey ...
                      Maybe he didn't want to do the talk show because he was busy doing another talk show, in Paris, Germany, Holland, Sweden ... or anywhere else on earth ... After all, he is famous on an International level, and his books have been transelated into 30 languages !!!!

If Turks have a little bit of brain, they'll know that a man like that should be treated like a national treasure ... not to be convicted for speaking out his opinion !!!

Hellooo ... Human Rightsss

Comment

Working...
                      X