Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

The Turks

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by willy_wonka
    also i do know...my friends do know.i have never met a historian teacher teaching his/her students being an enemy of any nation...
    and surely you cannot be aware of what they teach and do not as well as me as a student who is in her 15. year of education in Turkiye.
    I'm not quite sure what you are saying but I do understand your English is not very strong. What my wife has indictated to me is that Armenians are not spoken of in your history classes unless it is to call them "traitors". Perhaps they have updated their text books since then to met EU qualifications but this is what they tried to teach her and her classmates.
    General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Joseph
      I'm not quite sure what you are saying but I do understand your English is not very strong. What my wife has indictated to me is that Armenians are not spoken of in your history classes unless it is to call them "traitors". Perhaps they have updated their text books since then to met EU qualifications but this is what they tried to teach her and her classmates.
      EU donot change this...if EU changed history books, then there were kurdistan (in fact a neverland), a pontus rum country and etc...
      let me write what we are told in history lessons briefly:
      Turks and Armenians lived in peace and trust each other.they had services to each other but nationalism, russians, some organizations (tasnak, hincak)broke this peace...despite these there were many Ottoman Armenians...they were Armenians and Christian but their county was Ottoman Empire...we know that they helped Turks and fight with Turks against the attacks.
      and about "traitor" and "Armenian" association you mentioned:
      Halide Edip Adıvar says:"offences, faults belong to people not nations"
      we are told this, we are told to read Halide Edip Adivar...

in the post that you couldn't understand exactly i said :you cannot know about history education in Turkey as well as a student in her 15. year of education and all in Turkey...you cannot know as well as me...

Comment

EU donot change this...if EU changed history books, then there were kurdistan (in fact a neverland), a pontus rum country and etc...
        let me write what we are told in history lessons briefly:
        Turks and Armenians lived in peace and trust each other.they had services to each other but nationalism, russians, some organizations (tasnak, hincak)broke this peace...despite these there were many Ottoman Armenians...they were Armenians and Christian but their county was Ottoman Empire...we know that they helped Turks and fight with Turks against the attacks.
        and about "traitor" and "Armenian" association you mentioned:
        Halide Edip Ad?var says:"offences, faults belongs to people not nationalities"
        we are told this, we are told to read Halide Edip Adivar...

in the post that you couldn't understand exactly i said :you cannot know about history education in Turkey as well as a student in her 15. year of education and all in Turkey...you cannot know as well as me...

Indeed the EU has made requests that the Turks must change some rhetoric in their history books and ( this request was also made of Bulgaria, Romania, and other new members and soon-to-be members) reform it's educational system.

Armenians never trusted the Turks, they only feared being slaughtered which is what eventually did occur, yes "their country" did kill them. Armenians preferred to keep themselves to themselves and very few were involved in the revolutionary movement whatsoever. Turks saw Armenians as something less than human (dhimmi) and their relations were conducted in such an atmosphere.

I'm sure Halide Edip did say those things... as she was sending Armenian orphans to Turkish orphanages to be raised as good muslims.

Regarding Kurdistan, I think you'll see one rising very soon in Northern Iraq.

If you are trying to say that I can never know history as well as a 15 year old Turkish student, then perhaps you should be lecturing at the Sorbonne or opening your own publishing house. Bravo!
        General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

If you are trying to say that I can never know history as well as a 15 year old Turkish student, then perhaps you should be lecturing at the Sorbonne or opening your own publishing house. Bravo!
          if you were not trying to be sarcastic:
          i think she meant that she knows what is taught in history lessons in Turkey better than you since she has been studying that lessons for 15 years...

Comment

congratulations!!!!
            then you understood just this from my all sentences about it????

our subject wasn't history at that posts as you know.it was what is taught in history lessons in Turkey and what is not...
            let me write again and for the last time about this point:

you cannot know WHAT IS TAUGHT IN HISTORY LESSONS IN TURKEY as well as me while i am in Turkey for 21 years and i am in this education system for 15 years...

in fact i know that you already knew exactly what i said, and you are trying to change the meaning of what i said in my posts...
            anyway i have imagined the person i was discussing were more clever... unfortunately i am disappointed

Comment

• Originally posted by realityShow
              if you were not trying to be sarcastic:
              i think she meant that she knows what is taught in history lessons in Turkey better than you since she has been studying that lessons for 15 years...
              exactly...

Comment

congratulations!!!!
                then you understood just this from my all sentences about it????

our subject wasn't history at that posts as you know.it was what is taught in history lessons in Turkey and what is not...
                let me write again and for the last time about this point:

you cannot know WHAT IS TAUGHT IN HISTORY LESSONS IN TURKEY as well as me while i am in Turkey for 21 years and i am in this education system for 15 years...

in fact i know that you already knew exactly what i said, and you are trying to change the meaning of what i said in my posts...
                anyway i have imagined the person i was discussing were more clever... unfortunately i am disappointed

I suppose my wife and some of our very good friends who were educated in Turkey are lying to me, right? As far as "changing the meaning" of what you were trying to convey, it probably has more to do with the language barrier and nothing more. I suppose that in your opinion, for someone to be considered clever, they must first agree with everything you say.

Comment

• i am getting far more dissappointed post by post...

if you want to do something for your past, try to make Armenians' today better instead of trying to rewrite the history...
                  make today better in order to prevent your children from rewriting their past...
                  you and your black feelings like hatred, violence and all the other kinds we cannot conceive assort each other very much...we'd better leave you alone with them...post a lot to increase these feelings post a lot...what a blessed aim...

best wishes...

Comment

i am getting far more dissappointed post by post...

if you want to do something for your past, try to make Armenians' today better instead of trying to rewrite the history...
                    make today better in order to prevent your children from rewriting their past...
                    you and your black feelings like hatred, violence and all the other kinds we cannot conceive assort each other very much...we'd better leave you alone with them...post a lot to increase these feelings post a lot...what a blessed aim...

best wishes...
                    Sorry to dissapoint you. The only re-writing of history on this forum is from you and your compatriots as seen time and time again. Remember, if you don't like what you read, you can always leave. I think that's the best course, don't you?

Comment

Sorry to dissapoint you. The only re-writing of history on this forum is from you and your compatriots as seen time and time again. Remember, if you don't like what you read, you can always leave. I think that's the best course, don't you?
                      We , the Turks are guests in this forum.
                      Since forum has some rules .We should obey or go away...
                      Now I am agree with moderators and suggest Turks not to talk about 1915.
                      We should firstly break the wall,the silence,the ossification on both sides.
                      We need dialogue with Armenians.They also need this too.
                      Armenians and Turks should talk about everything whatever they can.
                      But if they can not share the same opinion on one subject , there is no need to insist on.We may change the subject to another topic, in which we may have something in common.

God save us all .

Comment

Working...
                      X