Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

General Behavior of Forum and its Members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Behavior of Forum and its Members

Friends
    I have been following this forum for a very long time and observing the beahaviors of those writers and policy of the moderaters and forum, after all despite my hesitations to write, I would like to share some of my concerns with you.
    I am Turk. I read the messages of many people and the manner of those who talks all the time in a way insulting implicitly Turks(cuz you know directly insulting is forbidden in this forum) make me feel real bad. First of all the aim of all our talkings must aim the truth. The general manner in these forum seemed to me that genocide is certain and we should not be arguing about that since this is a fact we should be talking about the additional facts about that like "did turks kill 70 million armenian or 50000?" or in which conditions did they die? My opinion is that such disputes when made on a forum would end in only hatred, nothing else. Then who will benefit from that? of course nobody.
    We in Turkey are trying to find the truth now, academicians and historians of both sides are discussing, searching the archives, trying to find more on this issue. But the general mood in this forum seemed to me like the academics' work or the discovery of further archives or the ideas of the genocide deniers(Since they are the natural descendants and inheritors of ottomans) would have no effect on the genocide issue or on the opinion of writers. If the Genocide is so certain than why discuss it so much? To make other people also hate Turks? Or to form new identities condemning Turks(Not ottomans)? Than as a Turk I would like to ask you that "am I guilty to be born on this territories as a Turk? And should I be the one who has to suffer for the decisions of a sultan or a pasha or whoever(an individual or a group of people just like all of us)? What is it that is searched here? A late relief or grieve and mourn for those who has died? Cuz I must know this because it is talked in an offending way. Also If Genocide is not certain than why dont you let other(genocide deniers) talk freely? Talking and thinking would harm noone or does it? Of course some of you naturally will say this is an ordinary pro denial lets ban it. Then I suspect the goodwill of moderaters since my sole intention is to learn more on this issue and to get closer to truth.
    Another of my concern is that no such individual identity is existent in forum. If something has happened in history we prefer to define it as Turks have done this, ottomans have done this, armenians bulgarians greeks hate turks. They keep up talking like this is age of empire. I repeat, these behaviors only scare people and would not end in something good. My suggestion is that lets try to avoid generalizing the actions of individuals to a whole nation whole country. Opinions and actions of a person belongs to him not to a nation or a country(unless s/he isa representative of country).
    Finally I would like to talk about famous photographer Ara Güler(armenian origin turkish citizen) or the works of Mimar Sinan with an armenian. But I see that the wall of hatred is rising between us. It is very sad isnt it? Now is the right time to fight isnt it?

ps=sorry for writing long
    img]http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/1487/antisoad6mm.gif[/img]

Excelent comments

Endorsed

Originally posted by yeniçeri
    Friends
    I have been following this forum for a very long time and observing the beahaviors of those writers and policy of the moderaters and forum, after all despite my hesitations to write, I would like to share some of my concerns with you.
    I am Turk. I read the messages of many people and the manner of those who talks all the time in a way insulting implicitly Turks(cuz you know directly insulting is forbidden in this forum) make me feel real bad. First of all the aim of all our talkings must aim the truth. The general manner in these forum seemed to me that genocide is certain and we should not be arguing about that since this is a fact we should be talking about the additional facts about that like "did turks kill 70 million armenian or 50000?" or in which conditions did they die? My opinion is that such disputes when made on a forum would end in only hatred, nothing else. Then who will benefit from that? of course nobody.
    We in Turkey are trying to find the truth now, academicians and historians of both sides are discussing, searching the archives, trying to find more on this issue. But the general mood in this forum seemed to me like the academics' work or the discovery of further archives or the ideas of the genocide deniers(Since they are the natural descendants and inheritors of ottomans) would have no effect on the genocide issue or on the opinion of writers. If the Genocide is so certain than why discuss it so much? To make other people also hate Turks? Or to form new identities condemning Turks(Not ottomans)? Than as a Turk I would like to ask you that "am I guilty to be born on this territories as a Turk? And should I be the one who has to suffer for the decisions of a sultan or a pasha or whoever(an individual or a group of people just like all of us)? What is it that is searched here? A late relief or grieve and mourn for those who has died? Cuz I must know this because it is talked in an offending way. Also If Genocide is not certain than why dont you let other(genocide deniers) talk freely? Talking and thinking would harm noone or does it? Of course some of you naturally will say this is an ordinary pro denial lets ban it. Then I suspect the goodwill of moderaters since my sole intention is to learn more on this issue and to get closer to truth.
    Another of my concern is that no such individual identity is existent in forum. If something has happened in history we prefer to define it as Turks have done this, ottomans have done this, armenians bulgarians greeks hate turks. They keep up talking like this is age of empire. I repeat, these behaviors only scare people and would not end in something good. My suggestion is that lets try to avoid generalizing the actions of individuals to a whole nation whole country. Opinions and actions of a person belongs to him not to a nation or a country(unless s/he isa representative of country).
    Finally I would like to talk about famous photographer Ara Güler(armenian origin turkish citizen) or the works of Mimar Sinan with an armenian. But I see that the wall of hatred is rising between us. It is very sad isnt it? Now is the right time to fight isnt it?

Comment

And should I be the one who has to suffer for the decisions of a sultan or a pasha or whoever(an individual or a group of people just like all of us)?
      Yes I agree with you.We(Turkey) shouldn't suffer from this genocide because of some idiot pashas(especially Talat Pasha).So Turkey shouldn't support these idiots in order not be blamed for the genocide.
      I don't understand why all Turks support these maniacs(Ittihadists)
      Turkey should accept Armenian Genocide and stop suffering from this pain.

Comment

THANK YOU yeniçeri

And I thank you yeniçeri for your kindness,although I am afraid of your nick.

Comment

I have never came across ordinary Turks praising Ittihadists, other than workers' party members and such marjinal clowns.

Ittihadists mostly refered as maniacs or traitors, I dont know whoelse did so much harm to Ottoman State other than that Ittihadist gang.

Originally posted by RUDO
          Yes I agree with you.We(Turkey) shouldn't suffer from this genocide because of some idiot pashas(especially Talat Pasha).So Turkey shouldn't support these idiots in order not be blamed for the genocide.
          I don't understand why all Turks support these maniacs(Ittihadists)
          Turkey should accept Armenian Genocide and stop suffering from this pain.

Comment

Why?
            Yenicheri Ocak was established by Haji Bektash. It was corrupted later ons(in 18th/19th century).

Originally posted by RUDO
            And I thank you yeniçeri for your kindness,although I am afraid of your nick.

Comment

Originally posted by TurQ
              Why?
              Yenicheri Ocak was established by Haji Bektash. It was corrupted later ons(in 18th/19th century).
              Really?I don't know that.(Thanks for information)

Comment

Ordinary Turk?

Originally posted by TurQ
                I have never came across ordinary Turks praising Ittihadists, other than workers' party members and such marjinal clowns.

Ittihadists mostly refered as maniacs or traitors, I dont know whoelse did so much harm to Ottoman State other than that Ittihadist gang.
                Do you say to me ''ordinary Turk''?

Comment

Friends

The problem with most of the Turks is their total lack of information about the Armenian Genocide and the effects of the brainwash by a state that was founded on genocide.

I give you the benefit of the doubt and I hope you are as sincere as you sound.
                  I suggest you read some of the most famous books on the AG (if you can get your hands on one), then you'll see there is a serious problem. Your people invaded my home a thousand years ago, subjugated, tortured, enslaved, taxed, turkified, raped and slaughtered my people for a thousand years and took everything from us.

As if that was not enough, the Turks threw us, the indigenous people of Armenia out of our home and killed 2/3s of our nation.

As if that was not enough, they embarked on a cultural genocide, destroying or distorting every trace of Armenian presence in our homeland for thousands of years.

As if that was not enough, with the help of the Bolsheviks, they created a fake state north of the Arax on Armenian territory for pan-turkist purposes, whose name they stole from the northwestern province of Iran and that bogus nation took a life of its own and continued in the same genocidal path.

As if that was not enough, in 1921, after a treacherous deal between Lenin and Kemal they took a big chunk of Eastern Armenia: Kars, Ardahan, Ardvin ans Surmalu which was never a part of the Ottoman Tyranny, including our sacred mount Ararat and gave it just like that to the Ottomans and Artsakh and Nakhijevan to the fake "Azerbaijan", the pan-turkist extension of the Ottoman Tyranny.

As if that was not enough, they have imposed an illegal embargo on Armenia, because pan-turkim does not tolerate the existence of Armenia, however small.

Shall I still go on?
                  Is it not obvious that it's your people that even until now, is torturing us, by disrespecting our pain they caused us in the first place and slandering the Armenian people by writing history upside down while they sit in our home?

All that said I suggest you read the Blue Book (translated in Turkish), the "Ambassador Morgenthau's Strory", the works of Lepsius, why not the works of Vahan Dadrian, prof. Hovanessian, etc. The very books the AG deniers don't want you to read.

For starters, I warmly recommend you to get "The Burning Tigris" by Peter Balakian which covers the whole subject in a readable manner.

"...did turks kill 70 million armenian or 50000?"
                  The Turks wiped out the entire Christian Armenian population of Turkish occupied Armenia. The numbers are less important, but if it hadn't been for the Armenian Genocide, there would be 30 million Armenians, at least, living prosperously in their homeland.
                  Four things denialist Turks do when they are confronted with facts:

I. They change the subject [SIZE="1"](e.g. they copy/paste tons of garbage to divert attention).[/SIZE]
                  II. They project [SIZE="1"](e.g. they replace "Turk" with "Armenian" and vice versa and they regurgitate Armenian history).[/SIZE]
                  III. They offend [SIZE="1"](e.g. they cuss, threaten and/or mock).[/SIZE]
                  IV. They shut up and say nothing.

[URL="http://b.imagehost.org/download/0689/azerbaijan-real-fake-absurd.pdf"][COLOR="Red"]A country named Azerbaijan north of the Arax River [B]NEVER[/B] existed before 1918[/COLOR][/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by 42diplomats
                    We killed 2 of the 3 Ittihadists phasas and took our revenge. We also killed 42 diplomats. That is not enough yet. We need more work...
                    thank 42 diplomats. you showed us once again your intention even which you did not hesitate to show. You not only did not answer my questions but also made inhumane comments again.
                    img]http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/1487/antisoad6mm.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                    X