Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

What can be done to decrease hate of Armenians towards Turks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MichaelDuglas
    None of my friends can register for this forum because they think that if they do that Armenians will find them and kill them.
    What the hell?

Comment

Originally posted by MichealDuglas
      Ok lets say Armenians like Turks but Turkey. You dont like Turkey, confess please.
      If Turkey pays USD 3.000.00 to every Armenian in the world (ofcourse to those who can prove that their grand parents were murdered in 1915), can something change? Anger of the Armenians does it decrease? I dont think so..
      Originally posted by phantom
      If you really want to know how to change Armenian perspective, here are some ideas for you:

1. Stop denying what really happened to our ancestors;
      2. Stop teaching your children that Armenians were traitors that "stabbed your ancestors in the back";
      3. Stop destroying the ancient monuments that we built on soil that you now own;
      4. Stop blocking the borders between you and your neighbor;
      5. Stop coming to our websites and telling us that we're lying, and that everyone who says it was a Genocide is a propogandist;
      6. Stop having such closed minds on this issue;
      7. Approach us with some humanity rather than cynicism and conspiracy theories.
      To phantom's list I add:
      Give us back our goddamned homeland you illegally usurped from us by exterminating us. That's not fair and manly behavior.
      This is nonnegotiable, so don't bother playing around.
      Four things denialist Turks do when they are confronted with facts:

I. They change the subject [SIZE="1"](e.g. they copy/paste tons of garbage to divert attention).[/SIZE]
      II. They project [SIZE="1"](e.g. they replace "Turk" with "Armenian" and vice versa and they regurgitate Armenian history).[/SIZE]
      III. They offend [SIZE="1"](e.g. they cuss, threaten and/or mock).[/SIZE]
      IV. They shut up and say nothing.

[URL="http://b.imagehost.org/download/0689/azerbaijan-real-fake-absurd.pdf"][COLOR="Red"]A country named Azerbaijan north of the Arax River [B]NEVER[/B] existed before 1918[/COLOR][/URL]

Comment

We cannot change the past but the future. What can we do to decrease hate and anger of the Armenians towards Turks?
        Shouldn't you be more concerned in decreasing jewish hatred towards Arabs?

In the short term:
        Turkey should lift blockade and can and should initiate negotiation about reperations without accepting AG. Without accepting AG, Turkey can still pay reperations. Why? Because Armenians were citizens of the Ottoman Empire and Ottoman Empire was responsible of their life. AG recognition and reperations are two separate subjects and should be evaluated separately. This is my opinion. Turkey can also apologize for the Armenians whom it couldnot save their life. An offial apology would be smart.However, dont expect AG recognition and land offer, it seems impossible both in the short run and in the long run.
        Paying reperations without accepting the AG would still be an admission of guilt and they would never pay reperations for something they claim never happened although in reality, they know it happened, but they think it was their right to exterminate whoever they felt like exterminatins, so in their eyes, they don't think they did something wrong that they should either apologize or pay reperations for.

Comment

Originally posted by elendil
          We are not giving land or money to anyone. Sorry...
          You better be, because we'll take it. Sooner or later.
          A bunch of thieves breaking into my house, raping, pillaging and killing my family and sitting in my home can never, under any laws in this universe, be considered the owners of my house.

I. They change the subject [SIZE="1"](e.g. they copy/paste tons of garbage to divert attention).[/SIZE]
          II. They project [SIZE="1"](e.g. they replace "Turk" with "Armenian" and vice versa and they regurgitate Armenian history).[/SIZE]

[URL="http://b.imagehost.org/download/0689/azerbaijan-real-fake-absurd.pdf"][COLOR="Red"]A country named Azerbaijan north of the Arax River [B]NEVER[/B] existed before 1918[/COLOR][/URL]

Comment

ASALA has been dead for more than 20 years!

Turks dont hate Armenians, they rather are afraid of.It may seem unbelievable but true. None of my friends can register for this forum because they think that if they do that Armenians will find them and kill them. ASALA gave so much damage to the Armenians image that when one says `Armenian` the first thing that comes to mind is ASALA. I am sorry but it will take many years to forget about ASALA.
            Man! This ASALA xxxx has been blown out of proportion. More has been written about ASALA by the Turkish denialist propagandists than about all the terrorist acts, throughout all these decades, committed by IRA and ETA combined.

Give us a break!

Comment

You better be, because we'll take it. Sooner or later.
              A bunch of thieves breaking into my house, raping, pillaging and killing my family and sitting in my home can never, under any laws in this universe, be considered the owners of my house.
              God am I tired of hollow threats... What you consider us is no matter, we have our lands, we have the will to keep it. No, dont say more on how you will take lands or kick our Tatar asses back to Mongolia, just do it if you have the will.

Comment

Originally posted by elendil
                God am I tired of hollow threats... What you consider us is no matter, we have our lands, we have the will to keep it. No, dont say more on how you will take lands or kick our Tatar asses back to Mongolia, just do it if you have the will.
                No elendil, I'm not threatening. I regret that you take it as a threat. I'm just stating a fact, no sarcasm intended.
                I'm absolutely sure if there are other intelligent living creatures in this universe, they'll have the same law:
                If you steal something from others in the most despicable manner possible, you'll have to pay for it. You'll have to return the property you stole from others. Otherwise an intelligent society cannot exist.

Threatening from behind the monitor is a Turkish symptom and I assure you I'm not suffering from it:
                III. They offend (e.g. they cuss, threaten and/or mock).

Comment

Abdulhamit Han didnt have a paranoia, his aim was only to save the country.
                  He had nothing against Armenians, his close friends were Armenians that included the ministery of treasury.

If he had paranoia he wouldnt build churches for christian citizens of Ottoman State.

Originally posted by Hovik
                  Yet another taboo / myth in Turkey?

Didn't Abdul Hamid have such a paranoia?

Comment

Selektor,
                    somehow you have the idea that you have to be paid attention or people have to give some value to your thoughts, or otherwise they are TUrks diverting from issues.

Selektor dont u understand, your issue is nonsense for us? How much time do u need to get this?

Originally posted by Hellektor
                    No elendil, I'm not threatening. I regret that you take it as a threat. I'm just stating a fact, no sarcasm intended.
                    I'm absolutely sure if there are other intelligent living creatures in this universe, they'll have the same law:
                    If you steal something from others in the most despicable manner possible, you'll have to pay for it. You'll have to return the property you stole from others. Otherwise an intelligent society cannot exist.

Threatening from behind the monitor is a Turkish symptom and I assure you I'm not suffering from it:
                    III. They offend (e.g. they cuss, threaten and/or mock).

Comment

Originally posted by TurQ
                      Abdulhamit Han didnt have a paranoia, his aim was only to save the country.
                      He had nothing against Armenians, his close friends were Armenians that included the ministery of treasury.

If he had paranoia he wouldnt build churches for christian citizens of Ottoman State.

Sure, that's why he is known as the RED sultan.

Comment

Working...
                      X