Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

What kind of Nationalist are you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And we also paid you to protect us also like we did others!
    you snake you stabbed us in the back and bit the hand that fed your asses
    you worthless mercenary!
    "All truth passes through three stages:
    First, it is ridiculed;
    Second, it is violently opposed; and
    Third, it is accepted as self-evident."

Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Comment

Originally posted by ATSIZ

I mean This is a Turk way of giving name to empire...but great empires.Armeanians coluldn't understand what ı want to tell because my English sucks!
      I agree.

Comment

everything has and begining also a land's name...
        Anatolia has been called as Turkiye since 9-10 centuries.Ottoman means in Turkish "osmanl?".But Europeans called Ottoman.Osman Be? is the founder of Ottoman Empire and if you search something about Turk History you will realize that many Turkish Empires has the name of the khan of Founder of country.
        Examples:Cengiz Khan,Selçuk,Ottoman

But this does not mean this empires are not Turk.

I mean This is a Turk way of giving name to empire...but great empires.Armeanians coluldn't understand what ? want to tell because Thay coludn't have a great empires..They lived under DEFENCE OF PERSIAN,TURK AND BYZANT?NE..ST?LLL UNDER RUSS?AN DEFEND.

SHAME
        You've just shown how convoluted your reasoning is and have made my argument for me. You claimed that there was no Armenia because the people known to others as Armenians called themselves instead "Hayk" in their own language. Since the Hayk do not use that term "Armenian" to describe themselves in the Armenian language, well that can only mean these was never an Armenia or Armenian people. Correct?

The Osmanlis (as the Turkic people referred to themselves) were certainly known interchangeably as Ottomans or Turks by Europeans but if I were to use your reasoning, the than Turkey cannot exist because the Turkish people did not call themselves or there state Turkiye in the past (despite what you may argue)

We've heard the mantra over and over again from Turks that no Turkish state every existed until 1923, it was the Ottoman Empire and the Turkic people there were known as Osmanlis. But you argue that Turkiye has existed since the 9th and 10th century (actually, the Seljuks came to Anatolia in 11th, but that's not important). Seems there is some dissention in the ranks. By the way, Genghis Khan was Mongol, of course Mongols are of Turk origin but including him as on of the precursors of the Ottoman Empire might come as a surprise to some of your compatriots.

The Armenians have had several state throughout history and a couple of empires (Tigran and the Bagratunis) and lastly a state in Cilicia up to the 15th century; but of course, this in not in the approved Turkish history book.

Here’s some history for you. Take Tylenol for any headaches…and Midol for any cramps:

Historical Background

ARMENIAN CIVILIZATION HAD its beginnings in the sixth century B.C. In the centuries following, the Armenians withstood invasions and nomadic migrations, creating a unique culture that blended Iranian social and political structures with Hellenic-- and later Christian--literary traditions. For two millennia, independent Armenian states existed sporadically in the region between the northeastern corner of the Mediterranean Sea and the Caucasus Mountains, until the last medieval state was destroyed in the fourteenth century. A landlocked country in modern times, Armenia was the smallest Soviet republic from 1920 until the dissolution of the Soviet Union in 1991. The future of an independent Armenia is clouded by limited natural resources and the prospect that the military struggle to unite the Armenians of Nagorno-Karabakh Autonomous Region with the Republic of Armenia will be a long one.
        The Armenians are an ancient people who speak an Indo-European language and have traditionally inhabited the border regions common to modern Armenia, Iran, and Turkey. They call themselves hai (from the name of Hayk, a legendary hero) and their country Haiastan. Their neighbors to the north, the Georgians, call them somekhi, but most of the rest of the world follows the usage of the ancient Greeks and refers to them as Armenians, a term derived according to legend from the Armen tribe. Thus the Russian word is armianin, and the Turkish is ermeni.
        [edit]

The Ancient Period
        People first settled what is now Armenia in about 6000 B.C. The first major state in the region was the kingdom of Urartu (Aratta, known from the Bible as the Kingdom of Ararat), which appeared around Lake Van in the thirteenth century B.C. and reached its peak in the ninth century B.C. Shortly after the fall of Urartu to the Assyrians, the Indo-European-speaking proto-Armenians migrated, probably from the west, onto the Armenian Plateau and mingled with the local people of the Hurrian civilization, which at that time extended into Anatolia (present day Asian Turkey) from its center in Mesopotamia. Greek historians first mentioned the Armenians in the mid-sixth century B.C. Ruled for many centuries by the Persians, Armenia became a buffer state between the Greeks and Romans to the west and the Persians and Arabs of the Middle East. It reached its greatest size and influence under King Tigran II, also known as Tigranes or Tigran the Great (r. 95-55 B.C.). During his reign, Armenia stretched from the Mediterranean Sea northeast to the Mtkvari River (called the Kura in Azerbaijan) in present-day Georgia (see fig. 5). Tigran and his son, Artavazd II, made Armenia a center of Hellenic culture during their reigns.
        By 30 B.C., Rome conquered the Armenian Empire, and for the next 200 years Armenia often was a pawn of the Romans in campaigns against their Central Asian enemies, the Parthians. However, a new dynasty, the Arsacids, took power in Armenia in A.D. 53 under the Parthian king, Tiridates I, who defeated Roman forces in A.D. 62. Rome's Emperor Nero then conciliated the Parthians by personally crowning Tiridates king of Armenia. For much of its subsequent history, Armenia was not united under a single sovereign but was usually divided between empires and among local Armenian rulers.

Early Christianity
        After contact with centers of early Christianity at Antioch and Edessa, Armenia accepted Christianity as its state religion in A.D. 301 (the traditional date--the actual date may have been as late as A.D. 314), following miracles said to have been performed by Saint Gregory the Illuminator, son of a Parthian nobleman. Thus Armenians claim that Tiridates III (A.D. 238-314) was the first ruler to officially Christianize his people, his conversion predating the conventional date (A.D. 312) of Constantine the Great's personal acceptance of Christianity on behalf of the Eastern Roman Empire (the Byzantine Empire).
        Early in the fifth century A.D., Saint Mesrop, also known as Mashtots, devised an alphabet for the Armenian Language, and religious and historical works began to appear as part of the effort to consolidate the influence of Christianity. For the next two centuries, political unrest paralleled the exceptional development of literary and religious life that became known as the first golden age of Armenia. In several administrative forms, Armenia remained part of the Byzantine Empire until the midseventh century. In A.D. 653, the empire, finding the region difficult to govern, ceded Armenia to the Arabs. In A.D. 806, the Arabs established the noble Bagratid family as governors, and later kings, of a semiautonomous Armenian state.
        [edit]

The Middle Ages
        Particularly under Bagratid kings Ashot I (also known as Ashot the Great or Ashot V, r. A.D. 862-90) and Ashot III (r. A.D. 952-77), a flourishing of art and literature accompanied a second golden age of Armenian history. The relative prosperity of other kingdoms in the region enabled the Armenians to develop their culture while remaining segmented among jurisdictions of varying degrees of autonomy granted by the Arabs. Then, after eleventh-century invasions from the west by the Byzantine Greeks and from the east by the Seljuk Turks, the independent kingdoms in Armenia proper collapsed, and a new Armenian state, the kingdom of Lesser Armenia, formed in Cilicia along the northeasternmost shore of the Mediterranean Sea. As an ally of the kingdoms set up by the European armies of the Crusades, Cilician Armenia fought against the rising Muslim threat on behalf of the Christian nations of Europe until internal rebellions and court intrigue brought its downfall, at the hands of the Central Asian Mamluk Turks in 1375. Cilician Armenia left notable monuments of art, literature, theology, and jurisprudence. It also served as the door through which Armenians began emigrating to points west, notably Cyprus, Marseilles, Cairo, Venice, and even Holland.

Care to enlighten us now with Ataturk's Sun Theory?
        General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Sure?

you or we

insulting statements of you make you unright.After this post I wont reply your bad and insulting words

Yes Yes Gavur, you very very bad man ...big meany.

Astiz, if you don't like what's written here, you can always leave.
          General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Your whole existence is insulting to me!
            First, it is ridiculed;

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph
              Yes Yes Gavur, you very very bad man ...big meany.

Astiz, if you don't like what's written here, you can always leave.
              my name is ATSIZ
              [SIZE="5"]no one[/SIZE] and [SIZE="6"]nothing[/SIZE] [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]will be forgetten[/COLOR] and [SIZE="6"][FONT="Arial Black"][COLOR="Red"]FORGİVEN[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by Gavur
                Your whole existence is insulting to me!
                ı have not got such problem because you are nothing
                [SIZE="5"]no one[/SIZE] and [SIZE="6"]nothing[/SIZE] [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]will be forgetten[/COLOR] and [SIZE="6"][FONT="Arial Black"][COLOR="Red"]FORGİVEN[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

Comment

my name is ATSIZ
                  Ah, the great and honorable horseless one. Can I add "ata" to that?

Ataatsiz.

Can you tell me about Ataturk's Sun Theory?

Comment

ı have not got such problem because you are nothing

You and your nation allready proven to us that we are nothing to you barbarian nation os Atsizla

You dont belong in the civilized world which WE live in.
                    so drop dead anytime.
                    First, it is ridiculed;

Comment

Originally posted by Gavur
                      You and your nation allready proven to us that we are nothing to you barbarian nation os Atsizla

You dont belong in the civilized world which WE live in.
                      so drop dead anytime.

yes your opinion is about insulting Ottoman empire.Soviet union was for your goodness..so you are now in a very good position

Comment

Working...
                      X