Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Who makes use of hate between Armenian and Turkish People?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KERKUK-TURKTUR
    yeah right sovjet soldiers with the armenian flag
    You're buddy Thomas Goltz reported on it in an article he wrote in 1994

Called "Letter from Eurasia: The Russia's Hidden Hand". The Azeri forces apparently shelled the 366th mess hall and killed a few of their officers and the 366th later attacked khojalu that night. They would later commit other massacres on Chechnya (Samashki)
    General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Originally posted by KERKUK-TURKTUR
      yeah right sovjet soldiers with the armenian flag
      please leave this forum, nobody needs to hear your blabber

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph
        This is opening up a whole new can of worms. Along with Artsakh, the Armenians control about 14% of Azerbaijan. The Azeris bagan the 1990's by massacring Armenians and deporting them from the Shahumian and Hadrut regions and shelling Stepanakert (Operation Ring) If you are going to argue that Armenians should submit to Azerbaijan, I would argue that Cypriot Turks first do the same with the Greek Cypriots.

Turkey has made it clear officially on several occasions there principle regarding th border.

1. Armenian recognition of the borders
        2. Armenians (Not just in Armenia) stop trying to have the genocide recognized
        3. Armenians submit to Azerbaijan.

Although some ( and I must emphasize "some") Armenians want land from Turkey, the Armenian state does not.
        The other two points are impossible as Armenia will not abandon the Armenins in Artsakh and you already know how Armenians feel regarding the Genocide.
        In case I don't totally misunderstand you, I am saying almost the same thing.
        It is totally unrealistic for Turkey to demand/expect Armenia and Armenians to drop genocide recognition activities.

About the border recognition issue, I have not sufficient information regarding the Armenian government's official position (which counts more than individuals' opinions), so I would appreciate it if you could post or provide some links about it.

I am also with you that it is unrealistic to expect Armenia to withdraw from all Karabagh, (and even some territories of Azerbaijan proper which connect Armenia to Karabagh). But Armenia should definitely withdraw from the remaining Azerbaijani proper territories at once.

I put it very sincerely and openly as a human being first, and Turk second: For me, the present plight of hundreds of thousands of Azeri refugees is more important that the acknowledgement of Armenian sufferings 90 years ago. And if you replaced the words 'Azeris' and 'Armenians' in my previous sentence, I would wholeheartedly defend the rights of Armenians because their current plight could be stopped at once.

Finally, you should also note that Turkish Cypriots were ready to hand over about 27% of their territory to Greek Cypriots if the Annan Plan of 2004 were approved by both sides. As you very well know, Turkish Cypriots approved this plan by a 65 % majority in the May 2004 referandum, while the Greek Cypriots rejected the plan with a 75 % majority.

Comment

Originally posted by Vogelgrippe
          In case I don't totally misunderstand you, I am saying almost the same thing.
          It is totally unrealistic for Turkey to demand/expect Armenia and Armenians to drop genocide recognition activities.

About the border recognition issue, I have not sufficient information regarding the Armenian government's official position (which counts more than individuals' opinions), so I would appreciate it if you could post or provide some links about it.

I am also with you that it is unrealistic to expect Armenia to withdraw from all Karabagh, (and even some territories of Azerbaijan proper which connect Armenia to Karabagh). But Armenia should definitely withdraw from the remaining Azerbaijani proper territories at once.

I put it very sincerely and openly as a human being first, and Turk second: For me, the present plight of hundreds of thousands of Azeri refugees is more important that the acknowledgement of Armenian sufferings 90 years ago. And if you replaced the words 'Azeris' and 'Armenians' in my previous sentence, I would wholeheartedly defend the rights of Armenians because their current plight could be stopped at once.

Finally, you should also note that Turkish Cypriots were ready to hand over about 27% of their territory to Greek Cypriots if the Annan Plan of 2004 were approved by both sides. As you very well know, Turkish Cypriots approved this plan by a 65 % majority in the May 2004 referandum, while the Greek Cypriots rejected the plan with a 75 % majority.
          I'll try to find some links. I do know for certain the President Kocharian has said publicly that Armenia has no territorial claims on Turkey. In an interview with Mehmet Ali Birand of the TDN he repeated this.

I believe that Armenians will probably hold onto the NK region plus Berdzor and Karavachar but probably relinquish Aghdam, Jebrail, Fizuli, Kubatli. Meanwhile Azerbaijan will get to keep Shahumian, Ardavashen, and parts of Mardekert and Hadrut currently under their control. Right now the Armenians are holding some of those regions as bargaining chips and will most likely give them back once their future and security is guaranteed.

The plight of the Azeri refugees is very sad ideed. The Armenians also had over 300,000 refugees from the conflict, mostly Baku, Sumgait, and Shahumian Armenians. In the case of refugees, it's at least good to see that they weren't slaughtered.

I've followed Cyprus very close and because of the Nagorno Karabakh issue realize it is probably best to keep the Turks and Greeks seperate. I think the Greeks are taking maximalist position similar to the Azeris.
          General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Working...
          X