Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

NO turkey IN EUROPE

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NO turkey IN EUROPE

I want all nations block the membership of turkey.

turkey cannot be a member of european union because they dont belong to there.They belong to asia send them to asia.Asia minor smyrna constantinopole all are stolen lands from armenains and greeks.

I want all european nations realize what kind of a xxxx turkey is. if you accept turkey to eu they xxxxs out your continent.

turks hate every nation.They only loves themselfs.Turks cannot live any body.They kill animals they have no mercy.Never trust them.

This makes no sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacob
      They kill animals they have no mercy...
      ... a prerequisite for a good shish kebab.

Comment

turkey cannot be a member of european union because they dont belong to there.They belong to asia send them to asia.Asia minor smyrna constantinopole all are stolen lands from armenains and greeks.

I want all european nations realize what kind of a xxxx turkey is. if you accept turkey to eu they xxxxs out your continent.

turks hate every nation.They only loves themselfs.Turks cannot live any body.They kill animals they have no mercy.Never trust them.
        I even can't laugh you.
        These kind of hate posts creates the possibility of new genocides...

Comment

Jacob,can you tell me a nation which is perfect???

I know the answer.

But it is better to wait for your respond.

By the way,do you know anyone who is perfect???(Don't say legendary men)

Finally,are you perfect???(Upppss,personal question.Soorry!!!)

Comment

Why does this forum have to do deal with people have such moronic wishes?

Comment

Originally posted by NickyMartin
              I even can't laugh you.
              These kind of hate posts creates the possibility of new genocides...
              Such post is enough to commit another genocide?
              I guess his words are true after all.....

Comment

Turks and the EU

Turks pessimistic over EU debate
                By Sarah Rainsford
                BBC News, Istanbul

Until last week, the EU had all but slipped off the Turkish news agenda.

Turkey began negotiations over EU membership in late 2005
                The headlines featured everything but the EU: a senior judge shot dead in court, mass protests in Ankara, or fierce speculation over next year's elections.

Suddenly, Brussels is big news again.

Over the past week everyone from the prime minister down has been re-declaring their commitment to the EU accession process and to democratic reform.

It is no coincidence that these protestations come as Europe prepares to deliver a harsh message to Turkey, first at a meeting of foreign ministers in Luxembourg on Monday, then at the European Council summit mid-week.

The government here stands accused of flagging enthusiasm for membership, and a go-slow on reforms.

"It is unthinkable that the government's attitude to the EU could change at the end of a 40-year process, after we achieved the historic victory in October," Turkey's chief EU negotiator insisted.

But eight months on from the start of accession talks, such claims are beginning to sound hollow.

Business frustrated

Turkish business leaders are some of the country's strongest advocates of EU membership.

Last week they accused the government of neglecting accession preparations in favour of a narrow domestic agenda. It is a view widely echoed here.

An Istanbul exhibition highlighted Turkey's EU challenges
                "The government virtually stopped all reforms in December 2004 when it got the green light to start membership talks, and reforms realised before then are not being implemented," says Cengiz Aktar, Professor of European Studies at Bahcesehir University.

"We are seeing a rise in nationalist and militarist moods here, and the government - which is already trying to win the next election - has decided to appeal to these nationalist voters," he adds.

In the current climate the EU agenda does appear to have been shelved on such sensitive issues as minority rights, the Kurdish issue and, most contentious of all, Cyprus.

Staff at the EU information centre in the heart of European Istanbul say public interest in the accession process has also fallen away in recent months.

The drop-in centre, piled high with glossy brochures, now deals with just 20 enquiries on an average day, mostly from students seeking advice on study grants.

One day last week, two men had come to discover how EU standards would affect their textile business. In the background, a third visitor tapped away on a computer.

"I come in regularly to check how the talks are going," Sevket Tuci explained, clearly an EU fan. He declared himself as frustrated as Brussels that Turkey is slacking in its commitments.

"As a nation we love leaving things to the last minute. It's like exams - we cram the night before, then get lazy again as soon as the date has passed. I think that's what has happened here."

Losing faith

But if the government is guilty of being distracted, many Turks save a good deal of blame for their failing EU-enthusiasm for Europe itself.

Even the children on a school field-trip to the EU centre sense the problem.

The Cyprus issue is hanging like the sword of Damocles over Turkey's EU accession process
                Cengiz Aktar
                Professor of European Studies
                "I want Turkey to join the EU so that if something bad happens with a non-EU country, they can stand beside us," says 12-year-old Melis.

"But I don't think it will ever happen. I've heard not many countries want us there. It's not very nice not to be wanted."

"Public opinion here is less and less believing in the successful outcome of these negotiations," explains Emre Gonen of Bilgi University.

He links that to strong signals coming from some in Europe that Turkey should never be allowed to join the club. Those signals are reinforced by the fact that Turkey is the only candidate country with no firm date for accession.

"That is extremely dangerous," says Emre Gonen. "Negotiations are aimed at membership. If that aim is debated daily, it leaves little room for passion on the part of the candidate country."

Drift

A lecture from Brussels seems unlikely to reignite Turkish passions for the EU.

But supporters hope it will act as a wake-up call for the government - while warning of a major dispute still looming on the horizon.

"The Cyprus issue is hanging like the sword of Damocles over Turkey's EU accession process," says Cengiz Aktar.

The EU says Ankara must honour its commitment to open its ports and airports to Greek Cypriot traffic by the end of this year. Turkey refuses unless the EU lifts the isolation of northern Cyprus.

"The only way to bypass this is to work hard for harmonisation with the EU, so Brussels realises Turkey is serious and it can't call the whole thing off over Cyprus," Cengiz Aktar argues.

"If Turkey can't do that it may all collapse. Then we will drift away from Europe and the West. That is definitely a possibility."
                General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Turks and the EU

Turks pessimistic over EU debate
                  By Sarah Rainsford
                  BBC News, Istanbul

Until last week, the EU had all but slipped off the Turkish news agenda.

Turkey began negotiations over EU membership in late 2005
                  The headlines featured everything but the EU: a senior judge shot dead in court, mass protests in Ankara, or fierce speculation over next year's elections.

Suddenly, Brussels is big news again.

Over the past week everyone from the prime minister down has been re-declaring their commitment to the EU accession process and to democratic reform.

It is no coincidence that these protestations come as Europe prepares to deliver a harsh message to Turkey, first at a meeting of foreign ministers in Luxembourg on Monday, then at the European Council summit mid-week.

The government here stands accused of flagging enthusiasm for membership, and a go-slow on reforms.

"It is unthinkable that the government's attitude to the EU could change at the end of a 40-year process, after we achieved the historic victory in October," Turkey's chief EU negotiator insisted.

But eight months on from the start of accession talks, such claims are beginning to sound hollow.

Business frustrated

Turkish business leaders are some of the country's strongest advocates of EU membership.

Last week they accused the government of neglecting accession preparations in favour of a narrow domestic agenda. It is a view widely echoed here.

An Istanbul exhibition highlighted Turkey's EU challenges
                  "The government virtually stopped all reforms in December 2004 when it got the green light to start membership talks, and reforms realised before then are not being implemented," says Cengiz Aktar, Professor of European Studies at Bahcesehir University.

"We are seeing a rise in nationalist and militarist moods here, and the government - which is already trying to win the next election - has decided to appeal to these nationalist voters," he adds.

In the current climate the EU agenda does appear to have been shelved on such sensitive issues as minority rights, the Kurdish issue and, most contentious of all, Cyprus.

Staff at the EU information centre in the heart of European Istanbul say public interest in the accession process has also fallen away in recent months.

The drop-in centre, piled high with glossy brochures, now deals with just 20 enquiries on an average day, mostly from students seeking advice on study grants.

One day last week, two men had come to discover how EU standards would affect their textile business. In the background, a third visitor tapped away on a computer.

"I come in regularly to check how the talks are going," Sevket Tuci explained, clearly an EU fan. He declared himself as frustrated as Brussels that Turkey is slacking in its commitments.

"As a nation we love leaving things to the last minute. It's like exams - we cram the night before, then get lazy again as soon as the date has passed. I think that's what has happened here."

Losing faith

But if the government is guilty of being distracted, many Turks save a good deal of blame for their failing EU-enthusiasm for Europe itself.

Even the children on a school field-trip to the EU centre sense the problem.

The Cyprus issue is hanging like the sword of Damocles over Turkey's EU accession process
                  Cengiz Aktar
                  Professor of European Studies
                  "I want Turkey to join the EU so that if something bad happens with a non-EU country, they can stand beside us," says 12-year-old Melis.

"But I don't think it will ever happen. I've heard not many countries want us there. It's not very nice not to be wanted."

"Public opinion here is less and less believing in the successful outcome of these negotiations," explains Emre Gonen of Bilgi University.

He links that to strong signals coming from some in Europe that Turkey should never be allowed to join the club. Those signals are reinforced by the fact that Turkey is the only candidate country with no firm date for accession.

"That is extremely dangerous," says Emre Gonen. "Negotiations are aimed at membership. If that aim is debated daily, it leaves little room for passion on the part of the candidate country."

Drift

A lecture from Brussels seems unlikely to reignite Turkish passions for the EU.

But supporters hope it will act as a wake-up call for the government - while warning of a major dispute still looming on the horizon.

"The Cyprus issue is hanging like the sword of Damocles over Turkey's EU accession process," says Cengiz Aktar.

The EU says Ankara must honour its commitment to open its ports and airports to Greek Cypriot traffic by the end of this year. Turkey refuses unless the EU lifts the isolation of northern Cyprus.

"The only way to bypass this is to work hard for harmonisation with the EU, so Brussels realises Turkey is serious and it can't call the whole thing off over Cyprus," Cengiz Aktar argues.

"If Turkey can't do that it may all collapse. Then we will drift away from Europe and the West. That is definitely a possibility."
                  General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Working...
                  X