Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenia Threatened with Jihad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armenia Threatened with Jihad

If so, bring it on and Armenia will settle this once and for all.

Agency WPS
    DEFENSE and SECURITY (Russia)
    September 1, 2006 Friday

ARMENIA IS THREATENED WITH JIHAD;
    Religious leader of Azerbaijan sends a no-nonsense message to the
    neighbor state

by Sohbet Mamedov

STATEMENT MADE BY THE RELIGIOUS LEADER OF AZERBAIJAN ON THE READINESS
    TO DECLARE A JIHAD ON ARMENIA AS AN INDICATION OF COMBATIVE
    DISPOSITION IN AZERBAIJANI SOCIETY; Allahushukjur Pashazade: I'm
    prepared to declare a jihad to liberate the occupied territories of
    Azerbaijan.

Religious factor is to be added to the equation of the
    Azerbaijani-Armenian confrontation now. Sheikh-ul-Islam Haji
    Allahushukjur Pashazade, religious leader of Azerbaijan and the head
    of the Moslem Directorate of the Caucasus, issued a warning to
    Armenia at his press conference in Baku the other day. "I'm prepared
    to declare a jihad to liberate the occupied territories of
    Azerbaijan," he said. Pashazade added, however, that he would do so
    when the time is "ripe" because potential of negotiations was not
    depleted yet. According to Pashazade, the subject of Nagorno-Karabakh
    ranks the highest on the agenda of all his meetings with senior
    officials and religious leaders from foreign states. "Many of them
    support our just case," Pashazade said. "They are even prepared to
    help Azerbaijan with resolution of the conflict." (It should be noted
    that Pashazade commands considerable respect both in Azerbaijan and
    throughout the Islamic world.)

Pashazade is known as a level-headed person in Azerbaijan itself, and
    his jihad warning therefore made headlines in the republic. Indeed,
    Pashazade has been urging the faithful to keep their heads and give
    the authorities a chance to settle the matter (have the occupied
    territories released, that is) by peaceful means for the last decade
    or so.

Local analysts take Pashazade's warning to official Yerevan as an
    indication that Azerbaijani society is weary of waiting for conflict
    resolution and that it is becoming more and more accepting of radical
    ideas. Even the OSCE Minsk Group is aware of the trend. Its officials
    are frantically trying to arrange another round of the
    Azerbaijani-Armenian peace talks. Tair Tagizade of the Directorate of
    Information of the Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry said yesterday that a
    meeting of two foreign ministers was to be organized in the middle of
    September. The ministers might even agree to arrange a meeting
    between national leaders, Tagizade said.

Attempts to revive the dialogue between Baku and Yerevan are made
    against the background of frequent skirmishes at the line dividing
    national armies of the warring sides. Press Service of the
    Azerbaijani Defense Ministry said yesterday that the Armenians had
    violated the cease-fire regime once again and opened up on
    Azerbaijani positions in the environs of the village of Gjuljustan
    (Geranboi district). The Azerbaijanis returned fire and the skirmish
    eventually wound down without any losses reported.

Delays with the conflict resolution process, occupation of almost 20%
    of the territory of Azerbaijan by Armenia lasting for over 13 years,
    and Yerevan's reluctance to obey four resolutions of the UN Security
    Council demanding withdrawal from the seized areas compound mount
    tension in Baku. Local analysts point out that this state of affairs
    that constitutes neither peace nor war can last and the chances of
    renewal of the hostilities increase by the day. Almost 1 million
    Azerbaijani refugees are waiting for the word to go ahead and
    liberate their ancestral lands. Even President of Azerbaijan Ilham
    Aliyev keeps saying that "this is Armenia's last chance to settle the
    matter without bloodshed."

Source: Nezavisimaya Gazeta, August 29, 2006, p. 3

Translated by A. Ignatkin
    General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Well, its not the first time, and certainly not the last.

Turks have been threatening and following through with declarations of Jihad against Armenians for years, this is nothing new, though it is disturbing...

Seems like they'd find something better to do like bathing in oil or selling their souls...

Comment

I see absolutely no change in Azerbaijan's foreign policy, except that now apparently God is part of it.

Comment

I've been thinking about this news item on and off today, and it just makes me wonder what they think of themselves.

They try so hard to sell themselves as the victims of an aggressive Armenia, as modern new players in the western world, while they are at the same time threatening a jihad on a christian country.

I checked some Azeri news sites to see what they had to say about it, I noticed none of them mentioned their new Jihad plans, hmmm, are they ashamed to show their true colors to their oil loving western friends?

Comment

"jihad Means Life, And Not War And Murder"

"JIHAD MEANS LIFE, AND NOT WAR AND MURDER"

National Assembly of RA, Armenia
          Sept 6 2006

On September 4, Mr. Tigran Torosyan, the President of the National
          Assembly of the Republic of Armenia received the delegation headed
          by Mufti of the Arab Republic of Syria Sheikh Ahmad Badr Al-Din Hasun.

The Catholicos of all Armenians Garegin II and Ambassadors of two
          countries were present at the meeting.

Closely observing the goal and the process of Mufti of the Arab
          Republic of Syria Sheikh Ahmad Badr Al-Din Hasun's visit to Armenia His
          Holiness highlighted friendly relations between the two countries, and
          particularly the fact of providing a shelter to our compatriots, who
          survived after the Armenian Genocide at the beginning of last century.

Mr. Tigran Torosyan, the RA NA President, greeting the spiritual
          leader of Syria in the Parliament, gratefully touched upon the
          fact of brotherly reception and treatment of our suffered people
          as fully citizens in 1915. The RA NA President noted that he is
          closely observing the events that keep the region in chaos and he is
          concerned not only with the fate of his compatriots, but with the one
          of the friendly nations. Mr. Torosyan highlighted the Mufti's visit
          in a period when the spiritual leader of the neighboring country is
          threatening with Jihad and expressed a hope that religions cannot be
          divisive. Other high values exist, which unite the people and give
          the opportunity to confront the challenges.

The Mufti of the Arab Republic of Syria Sheikh Ahmad Badr Al-Din Hasun,
          conveying the greetings of the people and the President of the Syrian
          Arab Republic Bashar Asad, expressed his satisfaction to be on a visit
          to the Parliament of the Republic of Armenia as a country, which was
          the first to adopt Christianity as a state religion - a light which
          guided throughout its future history.Touching upon the Jihad declared
          by the spiritual leader of the Muslims of the Caucasus, the Mufti
          noted that Jihad means life, and not war and murder, because Jihad
          unites the people around good idea, and the task of the spiritual
          leaders should be supporting the political leadership to establish
          peace and well being.

Mr. T. Torosyan, the RA NA President, noted that as Jihad may
          receive various interpretations within the same religion, so various
          interpretations are given to the conception of democracy. It is
          interpreted as a way of governance, which brings welfare and safety to
          a human being. But there are people and groups that use the democracy
          for war. Though, the welfare is not given by war and is not obliged.

The issues of globalization to meet the challenges were mutually
          highlighted: to protect and save the national identity, since the
          loss of identity is a sin before God, who awarded that identity and
          peculiarities.

Other issues were also discussed during the meeting.
          "All truth passes through three stages:
          First, it is ridiculed;
          Second, it is violently opposed; and
          Third, it is accepted as self-evident."

Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Comment

Originally posted by Gavur
            "JIHAD MEANS LIFE, AND NOT WAR AND MURDER"
            Then surely our military help is not needed then Gavur and we should stop concerning ourselves about Armenia if you guys think Jihad is good, since surely you would not want us to interfere against such a wonderful as Jihad coming to Armenia would you?

Comment

Originally posted by Gondorian
              Then surely our military help is not needed then Gavur and we should stop concerning ourselves about Armenia if you guys think Jihad is good, since surely you would not want us to interfere against such a wonderful as Jihad coming to Armenia would you?

I guess you can see Gondorian that Armenia is in a bit of a quandry (as I've mentioned before, everyone is going to lose in the greater M.E. conflicts to some degree). We tend to have positive relations with boths Arabs and Persians so Armenians are very reluctant to take sides in a Christian/Muslim conflict and surely have so much to lose if they become involved. We seem to be forever between the hammer and the anvil.
              General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

The alteration of religous symbols while mobilizing a nation for war or any effort alike is very common and Azerbaijan is hardly different in this issue. While leader of any kind uses these feelings in people, it is also a very dangerous instrument since after the effort you may face a million idiots who ask for Şeriat to rule a nationalist republic. To me it seems our Azeri brothers are playing a risky game but we are with them regardless...

Armenia's religious background is not helping since christian nations of the world in general have simply advanced too much in mentality to seek a unification on the basis of religion which is a idea of a backwards way of thinking. Besides Armenia,if I am correct has only one Christian neighbour which is Georgia where their relations are not very good due to Armenian people and their cultural heritage that reside in Georgia itself. Armenia does not have the luxury to be racist in terms of religion the rest of the neighbours are muslim. Also if we consider the support of Iran due to high population of Azeri Turks in its soil, Armenia should welcome Islamic countries. Armenia's position is even harder than Turkey indeed....

Comment

Originally posted by elendil
                  The alteration of religous symbols while mobilizing a nation for war or any effort alike is very common and Azerbaijan is hardly different in this issue. While leader of any kind uses these feelings in people, it is also a very dangerous instrument since after the effort you may face a million idiots who ask for Şeriat to rule a nationalist republic. To me it seems our Azeri brothers are playing a risky game but we are with them regardless...
                  So then you agree that Turks were playing an equally risky game when their religious leader declared Jihad against Christians/Armenians during the AG?

Originally posted by Elendil
                  Armenia's religious background is not helping since christian nations of the world in general have simply advanced too much in mentality to seek a unification on the basis of religion which is a idea of a backwards way of thinking. Besides Armenia,if I am correct has only one Christian neighbour which is Georgia where their relations are not very good due to Armenian people and their cultural heritage that reside in Georgia itself. Armenia does not have the luxury to be racist in terms of religion the rest of the neighbours are muslim. Also if we consider the support of Iran due to high population of Azeri Turks in its soil, Armenia should welcome Islamic countries. Armenia's position is even harder than Turkey indeed....
                  Agreed generally, but if I'm not mistaken, Armenia-Iran relations are just as good if not better than Azeri-Iran relation. In this case I think religion doesn't play such a controlling role.

Comment

So then you agree that Turks were playing an equally risky game when their religious leader declared Jihad against Christians/Armenians during the AG?
                    Turkey actually played the risky game, it is a historical fact. We won the game but we also paid the price in form of dark understanding of a hybrid Turkish nationalism and Islamicly justified violence parameter of our nationalism. Though looking at the empire's situation at those times, I can not expect another course of action..

Agreed generally, but if I'm not mistaken, Armenia-Iran relations are just as good if not better than Azeri-Iran relation. In this case I think religion doesn't play such a controlling role.
                    Yes and no. On one hand you are quite correct Azeris are muslims therefore an Islamic regime is expected to support Muslims in a conflict between Armenia and Azerbaijan. However north of Iran is filled up with Azeris which make the integrity situation of Iran a little bit dangereous. Especially when there is a free Azerbaijan in north. Therefore Iran support Armenia. On the other hand, the upper identity of Iran is muslimhood not Persian to keep the order between varying ethnical roots. So you are using religion element to keep order among your minorities in your country while you disregard muslimhood when it suits you. In the end however you are correct. Religion is not such a controlling role

Comment

Working...
                    X