Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

The Great Flood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ever heard of Lemkin?

Except for the few total idiots who say Armenians were never killed in their homeland, most Turks here seem to only disagree with the wording. Was it "Genocide" or was it not...

I have a question for those of you who are scared of admitting that word... even after all the 'proofs' are out there for you to absorb yet you ignore the proofs, reals and factss.

The word "Genocide" was created because of what happened to Armenians, the Armenian Genocide was the event that swung Raphael Lemkin into action to create a word that described something GREATER THAN MASSACRE, GREATER THAN KILLING, GREATER THAN MURDER.

The words ARMENIA and GENOCIDE are the same thing. They are inseperable words. So when you sit here and say it wasn't Genocide, how can you not feel completely ignorant, completely out of touch with "the reals"?

How many of you have read Raphael Lemkins story as it relates to him creating the word Genocide specifically for what happened to the Armenians, and to be applied to other such horrid acts in the future?

Comment

We're still looking at the rope-walker

and missing what's going on beneath.
      Salonika was the centre of Young Turk movement and if you examine the population records you'll find out that Salonika was one of the places Jews lived in large numbers. I guess you all heard about Salonika Donmehs.

Comment

Where the hell do you get your information?

Where did you read what you are telling us?

Do have any sources that support you?

Comment

I've given up.. The damage is done.. They're way too brainwashed to be fixed.. It's a waste of time to even try to communicate with them. Give them a week, they'll be gone.

Comment

Sigh - I know what you mean. It's a whole generation with a rewriting of the history book in their hands. You know what they say, the winners write history the way they want, and certainly Turkey is doing that because they can. Reminds me of when Hollywood, I think back in the 40s, attempted to make an epic movie based on the fact-based book, The 40 days of Musa Dagh. Right away the Turkish government was fast on their heels in protest. Quickly, the project was squashed and a little known movie was made instead, not the blockbuster that they originally intended. Turkey has moved fast everytime to make sure nothing gets passed them. It's pathetic really. Why would a whole government work so hard to keep a Hollywood movie from being made? Of course, the book is based on a true story and it wouldn't put Turkey in a good light. This is their M.O., their Modus operandi. It's always this way and it will always be this way. They also say that historians write history largely from gleaning personal diaries, journals, writings, diaries of dignitaries, etc. So we must keep writing and putting out our collective stories. One day the world will hear it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hotinko
              PS2 : Past is to take lesson from, it is not to cause hatred, we should look at the future and live for the futere not for the past. which doesnt mean that we should forget it. We should take lessons (which obviously needs clarification of the past not making it blurry by putting it into politic games)

The history is not rewritten in Turkey or anything.. In my whole education there wasnt any written issue about AG, they planned to put a lesson about it but it was ridicolous ofcourse. What you dont understand is there are respected historians in Turkey (my teachers) who researched in this issue and tutored us. I believe their honesty, they werent brainwashers.

But still If Turkey ignored this reality and tried to hide it for years from us, hid our history from us we will accept it and we will be angry with goverment.

For me latest events show that armenians are the ones who change history, when they are invited to discuss they say it is already decided, when they hear sth against their opinions they plug their ears, i dont. The sources you show me dont satisfy me.

My sources are the goverment archives of turkey. In addition to several web pages and other historians.

You also have severel (thousands) web pages and historians but you dont have the archives.

Why all the world accepts genocide ?

Example :

My cousin is the Turkish students comitee leader in America. They decided to hang poster in the city saying "If politcians would have written the history we would think that the world is flat" They hanged them at night. When they woke up in the morning they were replaced with AG posters. This event is real.

Please also read my submit in the German soldiers cofession thread bla bla.. The Last sentence...
              What will satisfy you? The reason why Armenians are not taking the bait from the Turkish government is because we know it is not genuine. The same government is putting people on trial for saying anything about this case. How can such a government be objective and open to a real dialog? If we actually believed and could trust the Turkish government, then we would engage them.

As for the archives. They were completely closed for 90 years, and the Turkish government was its sole guardian. During that time the Turkish government went to great lengths to intervene in any discussion or publication of documents, publications, or even movies relating to what happened to the Armenians. It is, for example, a documented fact that in the 1930s, the Turkish government intervened in the making of the movie The 40 Days of Musa Dagh in the U.S. In other words, they were so keen on keeping this matter under the lid, that they successfully opposed private initiatives in foreign countries relating to those horrible events. This is not my opinion, it is an established fact. Do you trust that such a government would leave any trace of evidence in its exclusively controlled archives that would incriminate its predecessor?

Comment

Originally posted by HAN
                What about Armenia? Can we say that any Azerbaijanese lives there in peace? I know from my Azeri acquaintances that there isn't any Azeri in Armenia becuse they were either got killed or sent away. And this happens at the end of 20th century where human rights and democracy are the most important values.
                No Azeris were ever harmed in Armenia. They were deported just as every Armenian from Azerbaijan was deported . . . after pogroms and massacres first.

Comment

Originally posted by HAN
                  What about Armenia? Can we say that any Azerbaijanese lives there in peace? I know from my Azeri acquaintances that there isn't any Azeri in Armenia becuse they were either got killed or sent away. And this happens at the end of 20th century where human rights and democracy are the most important values.
                  What does the war between Karabagh and Azerbaijan have to do with the Genocide in 1915? The biggest difference is that this time the Armenians didn't take it lying down. It would have been another Genocide if the Armenians had not defended themselves in Karabagh.

Comment

Back to the topic of the thread- the flood...

On the other hand, we haven't had this many active members in a while. That includes Armenians...

Comment

Working...
                    X