Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

May Peace be upon us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank You, Hovik
    I have already post my reply just recently to 1.5 million in different thread. I am sure he will be aware I am not a type that keep his head under the sand.
    You can be shown the path to peace, but only we,humans,can make the first step

Originally posted by Hovik View Post
    Goarave, welcome to the forum. I understand that the underlying theory behind your 'world peace' ideal is that we Turks and Armenians should start talking right? Aside from that do you have a specific plan for how we would reach peace...?

Comment

Hi, Joseph
      I have read your previous and various posts in different threads. From my understanding you speak turkish. If not I'll try to translate at my best.
      Agiz torba degilki buzesin In other words, mouths are not plastic bag that you can scramble.
      Hence, I have no PLAN or such power to expect Armenians to keep their mouth shut.
      It is still taking me a lot of effort on my side to convince you guys I am here to see different perspective. I am so pan-humanistic, That deaths can not be measured with numbers. Even one person's death in unfair causes make me think about where world is going. Looking into today's world situation, all I have seen is Governments trying to take the role of God. Today, the death toll in Iraq is well over 500000. Most of them kids, and women. In Africa, various government genocides since 1960 claimed over 10 million. Still, nationalism and capitalism is being favored over humanism. Kids sewing shoes in sweatshops as slaves in far east. These are my problems.

Yet, I am here in this forum wanting to learn more about the past. The political terms is not my concern. I wanted to point many innocent lives were claimed over that era and this was a result of politics. I am ready to condemn any wrong doing, if we all believe humanity is the real matter over politics.

I merely believe what i think is matters but utopias exists for reasons.

Hoping to dicuss more matters in the future; May God Bless all Humanity.

One God, One Nation:Earth, One Race:Human

Originally posted by Joseph View Post
      His plan seems to consist of Armenians keeping their mouths shut and accept the status quo.

Comment

Thanks for understanding Katya.
        I have just replied joseph. Please read it. I am going to push it to limits with patience until everbody understands I am here for the truth. Truth is not easily accepted if the fact of humanism is not being understood.My thesis is humanity suffered in that era over nationalism and politics(Armenians, Turk, Greeks) I have answered similar threads in turkish blogs the same way but it seems like nationalism always wins over humanism.
        So, all I am trying to say is let's remember we are first human.
        I am hoping from others we forget about our differences and start to discuss the issues maturely.
        Originally posted by Katya
        Maybe I'm getting the wrong impression, but isn't he actually trying to find a solution and not hiding himself from the truth?

Comment

Originally posted by GOARAVE View Post
          Thanks for understanding Katya.
          I have just replied joseph. Please read it. I am going to push it to limits with patience until everbody understands I am here for the truth. Truth is not easily accepted if the fact of humanism is not being understood.My thesis is humanity suffered in that era over nationalism and politics(Armenians, Turk, Greeks) I have answered similar threads in turkish blogs the same way but it seems like nationalism always wins over humanism.
          So, all I am trying to say is let's remember we are first human.
          I am hoping from others we forget about our differences and start to discuss the issues maturely.
          Discuss what - your (grade school) "thesis"? My thesis is that devils rose form the underworld and possessed certain CUP party officials (in 1910) and that these devils caused these officials to plot and carry out acts of great evil. How about lets discuss my thesis? Do you have any clue what it is we are talking about here? If you are here to learn then what does preaching have to do with learning? Or are you expecting that we will just accept your "truth" because you say so (and you haven't even read any books on this subject).

Comment

Originally posted by GOARAVE View Post
            Hi, Joseph
            I have read your previous and various posts in different threads. From my understanding you speak turkish. If not I'll try to translate at my best.
            Agiz torba degilki buzesin In other words, mouths are not plastic bag that you can scramble.
            Hence, I have no PLAN or such power to expect Armenians to keep their mouth shut.
            It is still taking me a lot of effort on my side to convince you guys I am here to see different perspective. I am so pan-humanistic, That deaths can not be measured with numbers. Even one person's death in unfair causes make me think about where world is going. Looking into today's world situation, all I have seen is Governments trying to take the role of God. Today, the death toll in Iraq is well over 500000. Most of them kids, and women. In Africa, various government genocides since 1960 claimed over 10 million. Still, nationalism and capitalism is being favored over humanism. Kids sewing shoes in sweatshops as slaves in far east. These are my problems.

Yet, I am here in this forum wanting to learn more about the past. The political terms is not my concern. I wanted to point many innocent lives were claimed over that era and this was a result of politics. I am ready to condemn any wrong doing, if we all believe humanity is the real matter over politics.

I merely believe what i think is matters but utopias exists for reasons.

Hoping to dicuss more matters in the future; May God Bless all Humanity.

One God, One Nation:Earth, One Race:Human

As you have mentioned in your previous posts, you realize that the purpose of this site is to discuss the Armenian Genocide. You seem to understand that point. Fine.

In turn, we have come to understand your utopian view of the world.

But if you were sincerely here to learn, you would read the articles that we have posted regarding the Genocide and not try to engage us in a debate on whether it happened or not or try to blame Armenians for the plight of Turkish immigrants or Turkey's bad reputation.

It is naive to believe that there can ever be peace among men without truth and justice.

This is why it is so hypocitical for you to speak about the plight of humanity when you seem to be against the Armenian stuggle for Genocide recognition or in the very least, belittle it.

Below is your quote from an earlier post to remind you and everyone else of what is essentially a regurgitation of the official Turkish view:

"I want to avoid some misunderstandings with regards to my previous posts. I have never implied that genocide term is appropriate to what happened back then. But it is true that both peasant villager Turks and Armenians paid heavy prices as a result of Ottomans poor handling of war time politics. This includes Kurds, Greeks, and other minorities. Ottomans were under attack from east-west-north and south and they clearly were threaten with land claims from all sides. I clearly acknowledge that Armenians rest their case internationally but it was wrong to label these to modern day Turks. Again, it looks like there are some contradictions how the history interperted."

Without truth and justice there can be no trust, and without trust such a utopia you dream of can never be achieved. This is not politics, this is common sense.
            General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Originally posted by 1.5 million View Post
              BTW - I have a solution for peace in Iraq - all those Muslims with guns and bombs need to throw them down a well. Are you with me on this one?
              The Iraq insurgency has probably made the greatest contribution to World peace since the setting up of the UN.

Every dead American soldier in Iraq distances by about a day the chances of America extending its Realm of War into Iran and Syria. It is now so far away that it is unlikely to happen - back when Bush triumphantly declared his war to be won, and US casulties were just a few dozen, it was probably a mere month away.
              Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Working...
              X