Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

The Assassination of Hrant Dink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Joseph,

I understand that you have too much to say. And I must admit you are very good at saying hurtfull things like they are harmless.
    But I dont have that much time to answer all you saying.

All I was tring to say is Hrant Dink's murder has nothing to do with genocide claims. As you know Armenians have killed many ambassadors of ours. So of course there are some fachists in Turks as well as in Armenians. It doesnt mean the whole nation is. And it doesnt prove the genocide claims are right.

"And yes, lots of other people were killed: the Assyrians, Yezidis, Chaldeans, Nestorians, Arabs, Dersim Kurds and Maronites...by the Turks"
    Not by the Turks! By the Ottomans.
    Ever think about why there is no O.E. now? Why it is Turkiye now? Cause in those times everyone was suffering and being killed including us, not only armenians?! You had nothing special believe me. It was only a nations efforts to survive despite the enemies outside and inside both.

I can understand that you living in the past but you are ruining OUR (Turkish and Armenians livin in Turkey) todays and future. Its OK you do that. But dont call us liars. Believe or not there are a lot of people in Turkey that are really sorry what happened in the past. But we also know that, what happened is happened for a real reason (which seems different to you and us) and this is historians jobs to reveal the truth.
    It is obvious that "Everyday more and more people are learning the truth and they are on our side.". It is because we were always silent. And Armenians never shut up.
    Now things are changing. We finally started to talk. And finally diplomatic relations were accepted (what ever by you or by us I dont care, only the result is important). I am very glad the truth will reveal soon and everyone can look through the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joseph View Post
      You completely misunderstand the diplomatic relations issue. How can I make this more clear? Armenia has repeatedly called for diplomatic relations with Turkey...since 1993. Armenia has called for these diplomatic relations without any preconditions which is an international norm. This means that whether Turkey and Armenia agrees on anything or not, it would not matter, they would exchange ambassadors which is how nations conduct diplomacy and from there could try to iron out their issues or not. I will give you some examples of some countries that are enemies that have exchanged ambassadors: India and Pakistan have diplomatic relations, N. Korea and S. Korea, U.S. and Venezuela, and so on. Without diplomatic relations, there is no effective communication between states. You will not find one source, not one, that shows Armenia not accepting unconditional diplomatic relations. The call made by Armenia in the aftermath of the funeral was just the latest effort in that direction.

Once again, Turkey has added several pre-conditions to be met before diplomatic relations could begin. The historical commission being one of them. This is where your confusion begins.

As far as your sources go, perhaps you or one of your Turkish compatriots here could be so kind as to translate them. The one source in English you did provide from wikipedia referred to an individual who either interpreted or misinterpreted the words of Sera Dink. I have only seen Rakel Dink's words made public and in the Turkish sources in English such as: Turkish Daily News, Zaman, Sabah, The New Anatolia, Hurriyet, Anatolia Times, I have not seen on reference to anything said by Sera Dink. If indeed she said Turks now have clean blood or something of the like, the agencies would be all over it.

Additionally, it is only the ultra-nationalists who misinterpreted Hrant Dink's words to begin with during his show trial. Hrant Dink clearly was reffering to Armenians having to cleanse their blood of hatred in their relations with Turks. I think about 99% of people understood what he was trying to say even if they disagree with his views on most things. The ultra-nationalists had already decided he was guilty. Hrant Dink was railroaded. When putting blinders on, they know no rival. Are you one of them?
      You are right I completely misunderstood it. I was just talking about the relations about the genocide claims. Sorry I used wrong english. I didnt mean diplomatic relations.
      Our closed borders and diplomatic relations are a different issue. It has nothing to do with genocide claims. It started on 1993-1994 after Armenians attacs to Nahcivan and taking over the Azerbaican.

About Serda Dink's words, I dont know who other newspaper havent used it but she really said it. It is not a big deal though. A person who just lost her father can say anything. You cant build your claims on it if you still have some HUMAN in you! Even I can say "if I were her I could say the exact thing" (ofcourse the important thing is intention but there are both extremers in Turks and Armenians and everything is very fragile now everyone should watch theirselves). Maybe that was the reason why no agency were all over these words. Important thing wasnt what a wounded person said. But she told it anyways.

Am I one of who? Why it is always who you are? Who are you with? do we always classify people? If I must be one of something, then I am one of who hates hate!

Comment

• Originally posted by nkirimli
        Dear Joseph,

I understand that you have too much to say. And I must admit you are very good at saying hurtfull things like they are harmless.
        But I dont have that much time to answer all you saying.

All I was tring to say is Hrant Dink's murder has nothing to do with genocide claims. As you know Armenians have killed many ambassadors of ours. So of course there are some fachists in Turks as well as in Armenians. It doesnt mean the whole nation is. And it doesnt prove the genocide claims are right.

"And yes, lots of other people were killed: the Assyrians, Yezidis, Chaldeans, Nestorians, Arabs, Dersim Kurds and Maronites...by the Turks"
        Not by the Turks! By the Ottomans.
        Ever think about why there is no O.E. now? Why it is Turkiye now? Cause in those times everyone was suffering and being killed including us, not only armenians?! You had nothing special believe me. It was only a nations efforts to survive despite the enemies outside and inside both.

I can understand that you living in the past but you are ruining OUR (Turkish and Armenians livin in Turkey) todays and future. Its OK you do that. But dont call us liars. Believe or not there are a lot of people in Turkey that are really sorry what happened in the past. But we also know that, what happened is happened for a real reason (which seems different to you and us) and this is historians jobs to reveal the truth.
        It is obvious that "Everyday more and more people are learning the truth and they are on our side.". It is because we were always silent. And Armenians never shut up.
        Now things are changing. We finally started to talk. And finally diplomatic relations were accepted (what ever by you or by us I dont care, only the result is important). I am very glad the truth will reveal soon and everyone can look through the future.
        Dear nkirimli

I can ASSURE you that not all Armenians are like Joseph. He,obviously is tarring ALL Turks with the same brush. I know from experience ,and from living AMONGST them that is not TRUE! Hrant Dink knew that too,that's why his argument was that THOSE ARMENIANS WHO HAVE POISENED BLOOD RUNNING IN THEIR VEINS SHOULD COME AND LIVE AMONGST THE TURKS. Then their poisoned blood will turn to nectar .They would then realise that THERE ARE A LOT OF TURKS WHO WANT TO SHARE THEIR LIVES WITH THE ARMENIANS.There are a lot of Turks who want to face their past.

WAS IT NOT OBVIOUS AT DINKS FUNERAL. I suppose some of my fellow Armenians will consider THAT as stage managed. And I suppose someone bribed them all to come to the funeral!

Dear nkirimli, do not despair. You and me and thousands like us ARE the voice of the majority and the individuals who will be involved in future relations between our two peoples.Fanatic Armenian racists do not even desire to shake the hand of a Turk-unless he has admited the Genocide.

Comment

• Luckily most of Armenians are like Joseph...And I am saying that as an Armenian from Armenia!

Comment

• And I suppose ,YOU would not shake the hand of a Turk either. How sad

Comment

• I find it hard to laugh and cry with people whose ancestors brutally killed mine and they vehemently deny that...
              And I don't know why it is always Diaspora being accused in everything, Diaspora has Armenia's full support on that subject...

Comment

• So obviously you are happy with conditions as they are with Armenia-Turkey border closed. Relying SOLELY on the goodness of another MUSLIM (not even secular Muslim) country IRAN , and clandestine (illegal) trade between Armenian an Turkish individuals near the border . I believe this is short-sighted !

Comment

• As I understand you want us to write off 1.500 mln of innocent victims for Turkey to condescend to open the borders? Do you want us to give Arcakh back and to apologise for Armenian massacres in Azerbaijan? They might consider to open their borders as well...

Comment

• You are coming up so much for Turkey, I hope your Turkish friends are doing the same for recognition of Armenian Genocide...

Comment

• Yes, most of my Turkish friends are aware of the Armenian massacres and they have no problem with that issue. But they have an open mind about the Genocide issue.My philosophy is and always will be that confrontation seldom achieves the desirable results.

As two Armenians,I believe you and me have the same goal ! It just happens that I do not want confrontation and you seem to want confrontation . You are prepared to use the Genocide issue as a precondition for any talks with Turkey. Well, allow me to disagree with you. For me relations with Turkey are crucial NOW , not if and when she recognises the Genocide.

I want to see settlement of the Genocide issue now, for the good of ALL Armenians especially for Armenians living in Turkey and Armenia.

Comment

Working...
                      X