Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

why blame me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why blame me?

Dear All...

I am a Turkish guy.. Living in Netherlandsbut originally from istanbul.. I was out with my mate tonite. having some drinks and having fun.. then some french friends said that they were armenians... yeah so what.. i like armenians i had so many armenian friend up to now...
    Now what i really want to mention is why is that discrimination? i can understand you hate me somehow because i am a turk, someone killed someone .. lets say turks killed and genocided some armenians .. slaugtered them.. that doesnt mean i accept it but i have another question.. why do you guyz blame me about this? i mean i really dont care who killed who.. so many people killed each other.. please dont give me a political answer please give me a REAL one... should i be accused for something like this?
    we were just having our kebabs we were all drunk and whatever...
    now please tell me are you trying to grow a hatred? if so what are you going to have in return? i really dont care if turkey is in european union or not.. i dont really care what you think about turkish people .. i really want to hear the ANSWER?... why is that fight...??

i can hear the asnwers already.. some would say some political stuff some would say xxxx off and some would say bla bla... some would say or think at least that i was right...

we are not enemies. we are all livingin the same country somehow.. i lived with armenians for 15 years in Yesilkoy istanbul.. i have ever discriminated one for their race... but you discriminate me now...

so do you expect me to grow hate in me?
    why please tell me why?

you know what.. i really dont understand what fight it is ... but beleive me from now on you are going to hear me too much that you will get bored of me...

this way or another..

kind regards

Murat Yaslioglu

Originally posted by myasli.oglu View Post
    Dear All...

I am a Turkish guy.. Living in Netherlandsbut originally from istanbul.. lets say turks killed and genocided some armenians .. slaugtered them.. that doesnt mean i accept it but i have another question.. why do you guyz blame me about this?

I personally don't care if you like us or not that is a secondary thing. What is more important than that is the following question:

Does Murat agree and admit that Genocide did happen?
    if yes, what can you do about it?

this is what we look in a Turk mainly ... we really don't care he likes us or not ... especially when they say "let's say it happened" ....

Comment

ah i see
      have fun then..

Comment

Yeah, basically, I don't care whether or not someone is of Turkish origin, but once they start questioning the genocide they have completely lost me.

Comment

Hi Murat

There may be a language problem here and I'm not sure of your meaning. Do you believe that the Armenian Genocide happened on the scale of one and a half million and was an intentional effort to kill Armenians? If you do, then we can build on this. If you don't and you are just a regular guy without political motives, why do you doubt it?

Comment

prove it then i believe. Thats because i really dont know much though. The thing is true or not why should i face this entire my life?

Why should i be blamed for this even if it has actually happened? If it didnt happen in the first place this isnt fair.... If it has been done accusing me and my fellows in that case isnt fair..

That is my point..

I dont kill anyone, i have armenian friends as i have turkish.. And neither of you can foster me to break up against anything. for example Nick_A, i would think twice on what you say because you tell it in a right way without prejudice..however for the guyz like SoSarkissian i just smile instead..

regards

Murat

Comment

Hi Murat

Well that's fair enough. But first you must remember that many on this site have endured a lot of suffering in their family history. It is not so easy to cope with. They are also used to petty manipulative politics being used to justify actions that caused their grief. So we are all cautious and understandably so.

That being said, you ask:

Why should i be blamed for this even if it has actually happened? If it didnt happen in the first place this isnt fair.... If it has been done accusing me and my fellows in that case isnt fair..
              A fair question and you have the obligation to seek answers. I am new to this site and it is large with a lot of information. Why not ask those like SoS, Joseph, Gavur etc. to recommend threads that give a clear account as to what happened in 1915. Once you are well read, then perhaps you can ask questions.

You also ask why you should be blamed? But you also must ask yourself what is your obligation as a human being to the Armenian Genocide? Consider the words of Simone Weil:

"When once a certain class of people has been placed by the temporal and spiritual authorities outside the ranks of those whose life has value, then nothing comes more naturally to men than murder." Simone Weil
              This is what the politics of prestige does at its lowest level. It seeks to deny the value of the lives of certain others and in this case, the Armenians to such a degree that it is considered right to slaughter them. IMO this is inhuman and shows how gullible we can become.

I try and look at people as individuals. I go to Turkish Restaurants simply because of the lamb which for some reason in my experience, only Armenians, Turks, and Greeks know how to prepare and know some nice Turkish people.

However, I still feel it necessary that I read on these things and remember what humanity as a whole is capable of it and purposely feel remorse. Perhaps if there were more feeling remorse on all sides in the past and willing to voice their remorse, there would have been less genocides allowed to happen. Perhaps if more people feel remorse for what we are capable of it lessens this hold of the politics of prestige and how it turns us into inhuman "things."

This is why it is up to you as Turkish to say, after educating yourself as to the facts: "look, this horror happened and even though I was not a part of it, I must insist that it be recognized, seen for what it is, and for myself, open to the simple pledge in regards its perpetuation or recurrence: "Not on my watch!"

Then we go out drinking.

Comment

Originally posted by myasli.oglu View Post
                prove it then i believe. Thats because i really dont know much though. The thing is true or not why should i face this entire my life?

That is my point..

I dont kill anyone, i have armenian friends as i have turkish.. And neither of you can foster me to break up against anything. for example Nick_A, i would think twice on what you say because you tell it in a right way without prejudice..however for the guyz like SoSarkissian i just smile instead..

regards

Murat
                Thanks for your smile Murat. You should understand one thing: Why should we prove our case to someone who doesn't bother to read and investigate on his own since it matters so much to him ... anyhow I will give you this small paragraph;

I assume you believe in your founder; Kemal Mustafa Ataturk ... he said in The Los Angeles Examiner - August 1, 1926

“These left-overs from the former Young Turk Party, who should have been made to account for the millions of our Christian subjects who were ruthlessly driven en masse, from their homes and massacred, have been restive under the Republican rule.”

I hope you don't deny your founder ...

and BTW don't take it personal .. its not only Turks as Araxi said; its any nationality who ignores all the facts in the world and keeps questioning and doubting the Armenian Genocide.

Comment

Murat

Here is a good article with much food for thought. It may be worth the effort to read it for your desire to better understand this whole situation.

http://www.hyeetch.nareg.com.au/geno...nocide_p1.html

Click "next" at the bottom of each page since it is a bit confusing as to where to click.

Comment

Sorry,

But you didnt get my point. I dont really say anything about what has happened. Let me tell you a story then you will get my point..
                    year 2007 february .. New York USA
                    I got into a taxi, go go to my friends place.
                    I actually dont know why but the taxi driver asked me where i was from.. (Maybe i had too much beard on me..
                    Then the conversation carried out like this.
                    - I am Turkish
                    - Ah really, i have a question for you
                    - Yes pls
                    (He took out a clipping and showed to me.. Hrant Dink assassination news) and
                    - Asked: Why did you kill him?
                    - With a smile on my face: First of all i have to ask you a question then, what was the idea he was standing for? I asked..
                    - He was supporting Armenian genocide he replied
                    - Itwas really obvious that he didnt even know who he was... I said no he has been standing for the idea that "Armenians and Turks can live in peace together"
                    - He said no (but skeptical) he was supporting that genocides actually happened..
                    - How long have you been here in USA?
                    - 30 years
                    - Have u ever been to Turkey?
                    - No
                    - Did you ever read the papers?
                    - Yes (totally lie i would say)
                    - so what do you know about Armenians, Turks or their interactions
                    - I have seen a lot on movies.... (WOW...!!)
                    - Now i have a question for you.. What are you carrying that clipping for? Why is it there?
                    - To show people that you killed him...
                    - I was a bit pissed off.. I said well, it is meaningless to get in further conversation with you
                    Well i smiled and hushed ..
                    - After a while .. he said: Yeah whatever, you cannot kill us all anyways...
                    I smiled again

NOW..
                    It is obvious that you are not that type of a guy..
                    However.. I really adore the things that you stand for. And yes you are right i am not into this subject too much (But at least i know some)..

But how many of you came to Istanbul or Turkey, or even went to Armenia to see how the friendship is?...

For the ones who say never.. Please go and see yourselves .. Then decide whether there is a hostility..

Respectfully
                    Murat

Comment

Working...
                    X