Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Tips on learning Armenian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips on learning Armenian

As you all probably know I am learning Hayeren, problem is my Hayeren consists of about 10 words. So I wanna know is there any resources and tips someone can recommend for learning Armenian (Eastern or Western Dialect)

I know how it feels. Listen, there are beginner books, hell kindergarten books. My mom used to teach me Armenian when I was in America. I'm grateful to her otherwise I wouldn't know the Armenian I do today. It's easy. I'll try to find a copy on the net, perhaps an E-Book and I'll let you know. Don't be embarassed if I give you a 1st grade book, I did that too and trust me, there's lots in their I had no idea about so it's not like it's too intemediate. Give me some time.
    THE ROAD TO FREEDOM AND JUSTICE IS A LONG ONE!

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro Xaramillo View Post
      As you all probably know I am learning Hayeren, problem is my Hayeren consists of about 10 words. So I wanna know is there any resources and tips someone can recommend for learning Armenian (Eastern or Western Dialect)
      Hi Pedro,

Zangak is a great source of books from kindergarten up, we ordered something like 20 dfferent titles for our children and the cost is literally pennies. Have a look for yourself :

http://www.zangak.am/default.php

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro Xaramillo View Post
        I learned Spanish by dating an Argentine girl. The best way for you to learn Armenian is to spend some time with a Armenian hottie! I suggest heading over to LA or Beirut.
        General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Guys, I actually suggest that we all just speak Armenian in a new thread. Think it over. Don't you think it could help? There are many who know Armenian and many who don't so let's start talking Armenian and putting some life into these forums, its about time. Plus, in this thread, let's make it a rule not to speak English. It may not help a lot but it will definitely help. Joseph got me thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph View Post
            I learned Spanish by dating an Argentine girl. The best way for you to learn Armenian is to spend some time with a Armenian hottie! I suggest heading over to LA or Beirut.
            Joseph, I'm sure most would like to hear about this, me for one..............but another thread......................................... another forum....................

I learnt German from madchens over there, the best and sometimes funniest way.

Comment

Hey, I am back

I know how it feels. Listen, there are beginner books, hell kindergarten books. My mom used to teach me Armenian when I was in America. I'm grateful to her otherwise I wouldn't know the Armenian I do today. It's easy. I'll try to find a copy on the net, perhaps an E-Book and I'll let you know. Don't be embarassed if I give you a 1st grade book, I did that too and trust me, there's lots in their I had no idea about so it's not like it's too intemediate. Give me some time

Lol, well anything that can help, some of the 1st Graders are probably slightly smarter than I am so, me and the first graders would be equal in proficiency

Hi Pedro,

Zangak is a great source of books from kindergarten up, we ordered something like 20 dfferent titles for our children and the cost is literally pennies. Have a look for yourself :

http://www.zangak.am/default.php

Well at least it isn't a for real kindergarten I have to go to, otherwise people are going to wonder what the hell a 6"2 Mexican is doing sitting (or trying to) in a first grader seat. I can already see how I am introduced as everyone's "special" friend (you know like that kid from Life Goes On )

Thanks both of you for real, it will help me out and I am not in the least bit really embarrassed about, (plus I like Winnie the Pooh and Peanuts so if you have that in Hayeren, that would rock lol)

I like Joseph's idea best , sadly though I live in South Africa so plane tickets to Beirut, LA or for that matter Yerevan is not so easy to come by lol.
              I am as well curious to hear about this Argentine girl you dated but as Steph said another thread another forum I guess.

As an aside I know a girl from Argentina who is half Armenian, but I dunno if she is too busy to help me and seeing as I don't know her that well she will be really startled if I email her and go "TEACH ME!!!", although I can try

What I am most battling with is the Mesrobian Alphabet as I don't have any good resource to get an image or an page that can show me the way the letters sound. So far I have no problem with the pronouciation, believe it or not, alot of the sounds in Nahuatl is very similar.

Something interesting I found on the net, is that human speech in total has 44 sounds, the Armenian language and alphabet has 40 different sounds and letters, making it the most complete alphabet in the world (wish you guys translated Nahuatl as Latin script is a pain in the Botox with Nahuatl)

Also can someone tell me just the basic structure, like does subject, object, verb, adverb, etc.

Thanks to all of you for your help as I seriously want to learn the language

Comment

Iteresting, but Pedro, remember, the most perfect language in the world is sanskrit. I'll try to send you more info on Armenian and all but those first, second grade books could REALLY help. I'll send you some pics if I can of the letters too.

I'll look for Winnie the Pooh, I like those books as well, we have a lot in common, haha. Our heights are even alike, lol and yeah, I know it feels weird entering a class with little kids half your size, been there, done that. Very recently too. I was learning Solfejio, first grade, for about three months and all the kids made me feel at home. Really fun talking to them, haha. I remembered what it was like to be a kid. I helped them all when I could and in different ways and the funniest part was, I wasn't embaressed. I never have really been the embarrassed kid in the corner, tackling many problems head on (I've had those strange moments though, lol) but yeah, this was some great experience. I'll help you as much as I can bro, keep up the hope, Armenian is definitely more easy then NahutI

Comment

Working...
                X