Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Hayeren Khosaktsutsyun (Armenian Conversation)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, thanks Hovik, that's what I meant.
    THE ROAD TO FREEDOM AND JUSTICE IS A LONG ONE!

Comment

How many tenses are there in Hayeren? Can somebody list them please. շատ շնորհակալ եմ.

Comment

Originally posted by ardakilic View Post
        How many tenses are there in Hayeren? Can somebody list them please. շատ շնորհակալ եմ.
        I think there are just 3simple tenses: Past, Present and feature but now when I think I am not sure...LOL
        Never ask a grammar question about native language!!!!
        I have been there... I have seen ruins of St. Karapet!

Comment

Originally posted by VaheTheGreat(e) View Post
          I think there are just 3simple tenses: Past, Present and feature but now when I think I am not sure...LOL
          Never ask a grammar question about native language!!!!
          The only way I can learn a language is to learn its pure grammar, not daily conversations, not vocabulary.

I have an old-fashioned mind i think

Comment

The only way I can learn a language is to learn its pure grammar, not daily conversations, not vocabulary.

same here. in american school they don't teach me grammer in school they are saying that I have to learn to make basic conversations and understand spanish speaking before the grammer!!!

they didn't teach me English like that in Turkey.

Comment

Originally posted by No Pasaran View Post
              same here. in american school they don't teach me grammer in school they are saying that I have to learn to make basic conversations and understand spanish speaking before the grammer!!!

they didn't teach me English like that in Turkey.
              It was the first time i tried to learn Arabic when i was 10. They approached me with basic daily conversations and i couldnt speak a single word Arabic when i became 13. But after that, the clever one of teachers realized that this method didnt work and only put old-fashioned Arabic grammar books (Amthila, Binaa, Awameel and so on) and i managed to speak Arabic very well in two months.

Comment

LOL, it was the same for me, I was used to learn foraighn languages the classic way by learning Grammer and doing exercises, when I caim to Portugal I was trying to learn Portugues the same way and when I asked my Portugues teacher some grammer questions she was very surpised and had to think a lot to answer. Eventually I learned proper portugues by grammer bookes
                Although my spelling is equally bad in all 4 languages I speak.
                I have been there... I have seen ruins of St. Karapet!

Comment

There are 3 tenses, if I'm not mistaken.

Regarding No Pasaran's school, I think what they do is wrong. I learnt my English considerably fast, only one month. Out of five hundred kids in my school, I learnt English the fastest (in America) along with one other guy who became one of my friends. For that, I got an award and was taken to a University where exceptional kids from many other schools came together (That University blowed me out of the water, it was great. The prizes were good too). What I'm trying to say is that I learnt my grammer along with everything else in one month. It was kinda fun seeing the looks on the faces of all the Americans, Mexicans, etc. The only Armenian (and one American kid) in the school gets the award, lol. I had no idea, seriously. They pulled me out of class and I thought I was being taken to the principles office. Then I realized they were taking me to a sweet ride, lol. The "Learn to talk first" method is used when you don't have time and need to quickly learn some basic English, not when your learning in a proper classroom. That's my point. Living in Armenia has made my English a bit foggy but I'm keeping up with both languages. Imagine keeping up with three languages. Living in India, I had to speak Armenian, English and Hindi on a daily basis, lol. I tell you it feels great being able to communicate. I hate it when you can't communicate, it's like an omen. That's why I'm trying to learn some Turkish now. See, my case is different, I can go with the learn-to-converse method because I'm not in a class but if I was, that method would be useless.

Comment

Originally posted by Saco View Post
                    Living in India, I had to speak Armenian, English and Hindi on a daily basis, lol. I tell you it feels great being able to communicate.
                    Yes, three months ago i went to Amsterdam for business and stayed with an Armenian old man, Baron Harout. He was born in Turkey, grew up in Lebanon and Syria, now living in France and England.

We were talking in four and half languages in the same sentence: Arabic, Turkish (he can speak very well Turkish slang), English and French with few Armenian words.

It was amazing!

Comment

Yeah, it's real fun. Man this world is amazing in every way isn't it Arda? We complicate things so much sometimes. Life truly is the greatest teacher, I can tell you that.

Comment

Working...
                      X