Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Hayeren Khosaktsutsyun (Armenian Conversation)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by steph View Post
    We used BYKI for our children, they do lots of languages, all free and if I remember correctly they email little lessons on a regular basis.
    I think it's :www.byki.com or to be safe, just google byki.
    Steph, i downloaded it and viewed. But i have to say that it is not so much useful for me. I know i have a problem

Unless a language lesson isn't pure grammar, i couldnot understand anything. Do you know such a lesson source?

Comment

Originally posted by Saco View Post
      Bell have you properly googled for that book.
      I actually have the book, I was wanting the tapes - or rather mp3 versions of the tapes (for free if possible! ).

BTW, I've got mp3 files I made of the "Pimsleur Armenian" cassettes if anyone is interested. But they are rather basic. I think they are the same as the CD version that is still on sale.
      Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by ardakilic View Post
        Steph, i downloaded it and viewed. But i have to say that it is not so much useful for me. I know i have a problem

Unless a language lesson isn't pure grammar, i couldnot understand anything. Do you know such a lesson source?
        My wife, but I'm sorry she's busy!

Comment

Hey Arda, why not find the tapes/cd's Bell is talking about? They might be basic but basic is what you need.
          THE ROAD TO FREEDOM AND JUSTICE IS A LONG ONE!

Comment

Hey Arda, why not find the tapes/cd's Bell is talking about? They might be basic but basic is what you need.
            Saco Jan, what i need is a grammar book i think. I have learnt all the languages i can speak in this way. I know i am strange in this issue

Comment

I think that's very good. Some people don't really know which way is easier for them to learn. I'm glad you know what's best for you. I might be able to send you a proper grammer book from here as a Christmas present. It's not a promise but I'll try my best bro.

Comment

I find useful to post common sayings for Armenian and Turkish:

Armenian: Qani lezoo imanas, aynqan mart es.
                Turkish: Bir lisan, bir insan.
                Translation: How many languages you can speak, that much of human you are.

Armenian: Papook lezvov noonisk odza bnits doors ka qashes.
                Turkish: Tatlı dil yılanı deliğinden çıkarır.
                Translation: With a soft tongue, you can even pull a snake out of its nest.

Armenian: Missuh tsezi, vosgoruh indzi.
                Turkish: Eti senin, kemiği benim.
                Tranlsation: Meat is yours, bones are mine.

Armenian: Mek tzaghikov garoon chi ka.
                Turkish: Bir çiçekle bahar gelmez.
                Translation: Spring doesnot come with a sinlge flower.

Armenian: Mek gizh qar gtsets hora, qarasoon kheloq chkaroghatsan hanel.
                Turkish: Delinin biri bir kuyuya taş atmış, kırk akıllı çıkartamamış.
                Translation: One idiot threw a stone in the well, forty wise people could not get it out.

Armenian: Tjakatagritz ches pakhchi.
                Turkish: Kaderden kaçılmaz.
                Translation: You cannot escape from destiny.

Armenian: Harsa parel chi karogh, asoom e getina tzoor e.
                Turkish: Geline sormuşlar neden oynamıyorsun, yerim dar demiş.
                Translation: The bride doesn't know how to dance, she says the floor is slanted.

Armenian: Khoskov pilav chepvir.
                Turkish: Lafla peynir gemisi yürümez.
                Translation: Rice is not cooked with only words. (Turkish: Cheese ship cannot go with words.)

Armenian: Looits ookht en sarqoom.
                Turkish: Pireyi deve yapmak
                Translation: They make a camel out of a flea.

Armenian: Es akanjov lsoom e, myoosov doors e anoom.
                Turkish: Bir kulağından girip ötekinden çıkmak
                Translation: S/he hears it from this ear, and throws it out from the other.

Armenian: Yot anqam chapir, mek anqam ktrir.
                Turkish: Bin düşün bir söyle
                Translation: Measure seven times, cut once. (Turkish: Think thousand times, say once)

Armenian: Yerp medznas ays ameneh geh mornas
                Turkish: Büyüyünce geçer
                Translation: When you grow up you will forget it happened

Armenian: Erb vor katsina ekav antar, tsarera asatsin..."kota merontsits e".
                Turkish: Oduncu ormana dalmış ağaç "sapın bendendir" demiş.
                Translation: When the axe came to the forest, the trees said: "The handle is one of us."

Armenian: Yekav oonqa sarqi, achqn el qoratsrets.
                Turkish: Kaş yapayım derken göz çıkartmak
                Translation: S/he tried to fix the eyebrow, ended up blinding the eye too.

Armenian: Gootse oozetsav iran gtsi hora, doo el ka gtses?
                Turkish: Camdan aşağı atlasa sen de atlayacak mısın?
                Translation: Maybe s/he wanted to throw herself/himself in the well, would you follow? (in Turkish not well but from window)

Armenian: Arach mtatzir, heto khosir.
                Turkish: Önce düşün sonra konuş
                Translation: First think, then speak.

Armenian: Aghvesa berana khaghoghin chi hasnoom, asoom e khak e.
                Turkish: Kedi uzanamadığı ciğere mundar dermiş.
                Translation: When the fox cant reach the grape, says it's unripe. (Turkish: When the cat cant reach the liver, says it's bad.)

Comment

Great work Arda, it seems you know more Armenian then we think. Nice. Where did you get all these sayings?

Comment

Great work Arda, it seems you know more Armenian then we think. Nice. Where did you get all these sayings?
                    I have collected from different web sites. There were lots of in fact.

Comment

Not bad. Did you go through that lesson I posted properly?

Comment

Working...
                      X