Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lal View Post
    yeah something like that. or maybe if gaz-energy pipe lines pass thru armenia ,they give something else. there must be a way.

turks and azeris speak same language, we both consider ourselves turks also turkey is very much energy dependent to azerbeycan, a lots of turk work in azerbeycan. turkey cant dismiss them.

this has no relationship about the genocide, but it has a relationship about the closed borders and stopped economic trades.

Armenia already made an offer and the Azeris rejected it. Bottom-line, that is the best Azerbaijan is going to get and it was more than fair. There is no way Armenians will live under Azeri rule again, it means death. The Azeris seem to think they can regain Artsakh through war; that remains to be seen. They started the war and it did not go there way the first time and if they start it again, they could lose more. I know Aliyev Jr is a gambling man, let's see what he chooses.
    General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

what?
      I have been to Turkey as well..twice. My wife grew up there.
      General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

what?
        The guy who was claming his parents were Armenian descendents brought me to the place were village was…..they have burn it down with the rest of habitants…there was just grace…green grace… I was hoping to find a village inhabited with Turks, Kurds…any one… NO….the only thing was left was foundation of the chapel…. Than was an old Kurd telling a story of river Murat full of blood and corpse….I do not want bore you….that what I found… you still think Armenians must go look for it?
        I have been there... I have seen ruins of St. Karapet!

Comment

• Originally posted by Joseph View Post
          Armenia already made an offer and the Azeris rejected it. Bottom-line, that is the best Azerbaijan is going to get and it was more than fair. There is no way Armenians will live under Azeri rule again, it means death. The Azeris seem to think they can regain Artsakh through war; that remains to be seen. They started the war and it did not go there way the first time and if they start it again, they could lose more. I know Aliyev Jr is a gambling man, let's see what he chooses.
          well, you are a smart person,you are not a fanatic either,you know everything.but as long as azeris and armenians dont get a peace, its very difficult. because turkey is very dependent to azerbeycan,not the other way around.

Comment

well, you are a smart person,you are not a fanatic either,you know everything.but as long as azeris and armenians dont get a peace, its very difficult. because turkey is very dependent to azerbeycan,not the other way around.
            Really? Enlighten me please....
            I have been there... I have seen ruins of St. Karapet!

Comment

• Originally posted by VaheTheGreat(e) View Post
              The guy who was claming his parents were Armenian descendents brought me to the place were village was…..they have burn it down with the rest of habitants…there was just grace…green grace… I was hoping to find a village inhabited with Turks, Kurds…any one… NO….the only thing was left was foundation of the chapel…. Than was an old Kurd telling a story of river Murat full of blood and corpse….I do not want bore you….that what I found… you still think Armenians must go look for it?
              no,no ım not bored at all, if all of you write things like this ,ı can read, and ı can feel and ı can also cry. and believe me sometimes ı do feel as if ım armenian myself. this kind of experiences must be written on press and shown on tv s and you must talk on turkish tvs. people must understand that this is not so simple as it is told us.

Comment

great deal of our gas and oil comes from there ,plus that money turns back to turkey because they buy many things from turkey and invest to turkey.

Comment

I think she is referring to the oil that gets transported from Azerbaijan to Turkey.

Comment

you see, this style is very wrong. you say armenians will beat azeris, and he will say turkey or azeris will beat. we go nowhere like this.it is a war of words. not intelligent. we need to search a real solution.

lets say you are right and karabağ is armenian land now and nothing to talk left anymore,then what do you expect? armenian people will go on as servants or other things to turkey,turkey will never open the borders let aside accepting the genocide.so we dont talk anything, you say you will take your revenge someday and live with hate and turks will say the things they say today.

ı dont say you have to give karabağ back. but there must be some way of bargain. ı dont say diaspora has no power ,but ı know it is a limited power when you have a 72 million people as a market and 17th biggest economy as the enemy.

ı hate to write like a typical turk here , proving how powerless armenians are and how giant is turkey is.ı know what ı do is very immoral but ı want armenians to be more realistic and ı want AG to be accepted by turkey.

there is only one way to do this. and that is not figting against turkey totally but seperating turkish state aside and fighting against its very outdated and inhuman antidemocratic fashist politics.

a real sincere revolution,maybe something model for other countries,including your beloved america, needed in this country.ım sorry but an american citizen who considers what happened in ıraq as a normal ,not so important attack ,cant understand what ım talking about.

Maybe Turks can start by demanding an end ;and,reversing the cultural revolution that was forced on the people after 1923!
                    Start teaching Ottoman in schools as a 2nd tongue,whattabout it?
                    "All truth passes through three stages:
                    First, it is ridiculed;
                    Second, it is violently opposed; and
                    Third, it is accepted as self-evident."

Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Comment

• Originally posted by lal
                      okay, your words are fine, and ım certainly not making a dog fight.but how will this happen? how will turkish state or even turkish people will accept the genocide. ım serious, ı read you people, you say it will happen but you dont say how? ı want phantom to write. he knows the situation here.

sometghing new must start. maybe if men shut up, women can solve it.
                      Actually, I agree with you for the most part LAL. The change has to come from Turks in Turkey. Now, let me ask you this. There are maybe 50,000 Armenians still living in Istanbul. They've been there for centuries. What do the Turks think of these people? Every Turk I ever met in Istanbul or from Turkey who ever had dealings with Armenians love us. Why? Because we're good people; we are fair in business; we are open-minded compared to everyone else; we contribute to the country; and we love our country. We make Turkey a better place, not a worse one. Why don't the Turks who know us go out there and say what is so obvious: "These Armenians are loyal; they are good citizens even after their lands were taken and their relatives "deported". If after all that was done to their ancestors they are still good and loyal citizens of Turkey, how can we believe that they were ever bad citizens, or that they "back-stabbed" us?" This is just pure common sense. Why do so few Turks employ this common sense?

Yes, Turks need to learn that Armenians are not parasites, but that they are and have always been good and valuable citizens. But the burden should be on Turks to do this, not on Armenians. They have to do it themselves if they are human beings and not animals. And this whole idea of villifying evil "diaspora" Armenians. Who do you think makes up the Armenian diaspora? Turkish-Armenians, that's who! Armenians who were robbed of everything they had and were kicked out of their country with never an apology or anything resembling human compassion or understanding for 90+ years from the Turkish people. What do the Turkish people expect from the "diasporan Armenians"?

Istanbul Armenians have always favored keeping a low profile, staying silent, and not making waves in Turkey. When push comes to shove, they always side with Turkey against the truth. But silently, quietly, I can assure you, as an Istanbul Armenian, that we all know the truth. Every one of our families has a story of an ancestor who was killed. In my family, it was my great-grandfather on my mother's side; a very wealthy man, who if left alone, would have contributed greatly to the advancement and progress of the Turkish Republic. Instead, his life was cut short, and his widow was left to raise 3 sons alone and poor. The descendants of those 3 boys almost all live in America now, where they have again built incredible wealth and prosperity; prosperity that should have remained in Turkey, not America.

But I digress. After Hrant Dink died, Istanbul Armenians are edging near the end of their rope. Even though they love their country, their patience is running out. They want to see some form of humanity coming from their Turkish neighbors and friends. They want to see some solidarity against discrimination and marginalization. They are sick of being viewed as parasites. They see how valued their diasporan counterparts are in countries where there were no Armenians 100 years ago, and they feel the irony and injustice of their situation in the country where they have continuously contributed and suffered for 600 years.

There are Turks who are beginning to see all of this. The blinders of hate and intolerance are being lifted from the eyes of more and more Turks, and in my view it is high time. You are an example. More Turks have to join people like you so that you are not discouraged and again silenced. When your voices are raised and allowed to be raised without risk of harm, then the Turkish people will begin to learn the truth and will hopefully allow their humanity to interject into their collective view of who the Armenians are and what happened to them. As you said, no country in the world can force ignorant people to do the right thing. The first thing to do is to remove this cloak of ignorance, and that can only happen if the Turkish people allow it and want it to happen. From there, everything gets better. Once the Turkish people realize that we are not and were never the enemy, and that we were the victims of one of the world's greatest crimes, everything between our people will get better. We, the Armenians, are ready and simply waiting. Fortunately, we are a patient people. But like I said above, the patience, particularly among Istanbul Armenians is not infinite.

As for Armenia, you are again correct that Armenia will be a much healthier nation economically and socially if the border is open. But as you should know by now, even with the border closed, Armenia has made greater improvements in almost every sphere compared to its caucasus neighbors. And that despite the fact it has few natural resources. Up until now, the Turks thought they could isolate Armenia and doing so would do irreversible harm. The reason for that is, again, based on the general ignorance of the Turkish people who don't know the Armenian people nor their history. Why do a people with so few members have their own unique language and alphabet? Why do they stubbornly persist in having their own specific religion that is different from all of their neighbors? Could it be that isolation is a strength for us and not a detriment; that it results in our preservation and not our demise? The Turks don't know this, because the ignorance that is forced on them does not allow them to learn about us and our history. To this day the Turkish people wrongly think that Turkey's policy towards Armenia has lead to Armenia's great demise; they don't realize that Armenia has enjoyed double digit economic growth for the past 7 years; they don't see that while the world's economic superpowers are experiencing serious recession, little Armenia is still mostly isolated from the worst effects of the world's economic meltdown. For example, for the past 3 months, nobody in Turkey can do any business that has anything to do with importing or exporting goods and services, because the value of the Lira versus the dollar and other major currencies is in turmoil and changes significantly every day. Thus, it's almost impossible to make a contract for the exchange of goods or services unless the exchange of money and those goods/services is going to happen within a day or two. But look at Armenia at the same time; is it experiencing these turmoils? Is its economy at a virtual standstill like Turkey's? The Turks think isolation is Armenia's enemy. It isn't.

In summary, I agree that things won't get better between Armenia and Turkey and Armenians and Turks unless the change in view and in heart comes from the Turkish people. We can't force it on them. At the same time, the Turkish people cannot expect diaspora Armenians (descendants of Turkish-Armenians) to stay silent about the horrors and violence done to their grandparents and great-grandparents. Just because we can't force Turkey to do the right thing doesn't mean we have to forget and ignore the past? It's not fair to us, nor to the world, which can learn great lessons from the first Genocide of the 20th century.

Comment

Working...
                      X