Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discussion Thread

Hillary Clinton is going to be the new State Secretary. I herd also that she got some connections with Turkish lobby. What do you think it will bring to?
    I have been there... I have seen ruins of St. Karapet!

I doubt it will lead to a lot, Obama is against the word Genocide itself so the Turks won't be able to do much, that means Clinton as well whether she is against the Genocide or not.
    THE ROAD TO FREEDOM AND JUSTICE IS A LONG ONE!

Comment

Originally posted by Saco
      I doubt it will lead to a lot, Obama is against the word Genocide itself so the Turks won't be able to do much, that means Clinton as well whether she is against the Genocide or not.
      What you mean Obama is against word Genocide? I heard on varicose occasions him pronouncing that word in description of AG.

Comment

I don`t like the choice and to be honest I don`t trust the Clintons and never will however Sen. Clinton has actually been supportive when it comes to the Armenian Genocide resolution.Let me quote:

During her tenure in the U.S. Senate, Hillary Clinton has both called upon President Bush to honor his campaign pledge to recognize the Armenian Genocide, and also cosponsored every Armenian Genocide Resolution since coming into office in 2001.

Read more here
        It all remains to be seen.One thing we should not forget that VP-elect Biden has been a strong champion for the Armenian-American community and their concerns and if you think about Biden`s foreign policy experience it wouldn`t surprise me that Biden would be able to influence Obama`s foreign policy.ANCA(Armenian National Committee of America) has also played an important roll in the election where they endorsed Obama over McCain for President - Obama promised under the election that he would recognize the Armenian Genocide if elected President while McCain did not.Members of ANCA worked hard in several states to get Obama elected.

Lastly, this is what Obama had to say about his incoming cabinet:

"I assembled this team because I'm a strong believer in strong personalities and strong opinions," he said. "I think that's how the best decisions are made. ... So I'm going to be welcoming a vigorous debate inside the White House."

"But understand I will be setting policy as president," he added. He said he will be responsible for "the vision that this team carries out, and I expect them to implement that vision once decisions are made."

Quoting Harry S. Truman, Obama said: "The buck will stop with me."

"The time has come for a new beginning, a new dawn of American leadership to overcome the challenges of the 21st century," Obama said.

Source

Comment

Thanks Alexandros, I got your point, the man in charge is Obama...but I still don’t like the idea of Hillary Clinton being state Secretary...

Comment

It's all politics, seriously. The same happened here in Armenia.
            THE ROAD TO FREEDOM AND JUSTICE IS A LONG ONE!

Comment

ı am against usa using the word ''genocide'' at least in 2009. already 90% of turks dislike american politics today. main reason is the invasion of ıraq which resulted an uncontrolled area in northern ıraq where pkk attack and harm turkey.using the word ''genocide'' will cause a big crisis among turkey and usa which may cause turkey to completely shift its political direction from usa by the pressure of frustrated turkish people. obama is the last hope for saving turkey-america relations. and this chance must not be waisted.

armenians who only want to harm turkey and only run after vendetta may demand a legal recognition by usa president. but armenians who only want turkey to apologise and start a good relationship between turks and armenians must not support this. this will stop the newly started efforts of reconciliation.

ı know it is difficult to do so. but if ı can openly and loudly defend armenians in turkey,there must be some armenians who have commonsense to reach the peacefull end.

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, Hillary Clinton was a cosponser of the S.Res.106, the Armenian Genocide Resolution.. Which answers the question about her stance on the issue. The new Obama administration is as Armenia friendly as it gets.. If the Genocide is not recognized during their administration, I don't think it ever will.

Originally posted by Saco
                Obama is not against the word genocide!! Biden is also a long term strong supporter of the Armenian Genocide. If they don't recognize the genocide, I don't think anyone will.

From his website:
                Barack Obama on the Importance of US-Armenia Relations
                | January 19, 2008

I am proud of my strong record on issues of concern to the one and a half million Americans of Armenian heritage in the United States. I warmly welcome the support of this vibrant and politically active community as we change how our government works here at home, and restore American leadership abroad.

I am a strong supporter of a U.S.-Armenian relationship that advances our common security and strengthens Armenian democracy. As President, I will maintain our assistance to Armenia, which has been a reliable partner in the fight against terrorism and extremism. I will promote Armenian security by seeking an end to the Turkish and Azerbaijani blockades, and by working for a lasting and durable settlement of the Nagorno Karabagh conflict that is agreeable to all parties, and based upon America's founding commitment to the principles of democracy and self determination. And my Administration will help foster Armenia's growth and development through expanded trade and targeted aid, and by strengthening the commercial, political, military, developmental, and cultural relationships between the U.S. and Armenian governments.

I also share with Armenian Americans – so many of whom are descended from genocide survivors - a principled commitment to commemorating and ending genocide. That starts with acknowledging the tragic instances of genocide in world history. As a U.S. Senator, I have stood with the Armenian American community in calling for Turkey's acknowledgement of the Armenian Genocide. Two years ago, I criticized the Secretary of State for the firing of U.S. Ambassador to Armenia, John Evans, after he properly used the term "genocide" to describe Turkey's slaughter of thousands of Armenians starting in 1915. I shared with Secretary Rice my firmly held conviction that the Armenian Genocide is not an allegation, a personal opinion, or a point of view, but rather a widely documented fact supported by an overwhelming body of historical evidence. The facts are undeniable. An official policy that calls on diplomats to distort the historical facts is an untenable policy. As a senator, I strongly support passage of the Armenian Genocide Resolution (H.Res.106 and S.Res.106), and as President I will recognize the Armenian Genocide.

Genocide, sadly, persists to this day, and threatens our common security and common humanity. Tragically, we are witnessing in Sudan many of the same brutal tactics - displacement, starvation, and mass slaughter - that were used by the Ottoman authorities against defenseless Armenians back in 1915. I have visited Darfurian refugee camps, pushed for the deployment of a robust multinational force for Darfur, and urged divestment from companies doing business in Sudan. America deserves a leader who speaks truthfully about the Armenian Genocide and responds forcefully to all genocides. I intend to be that President.

I look forward, as President, to continuing my active engagement with Armenian American leaders on the full range of issues of concern to the Armenian American community. Together, we will build, in new and exciting ways, upon the enduring ties and shared values that have bound together the American and Armenian peoples for more than a century.

As President Obama has said, the change we seek will take longer than one term or one presidency. Real change—big change—takes many years and requires each generation to embrace the obligations and opportunities that come with the title of Citizen.

Comment

Originally posted by lal View Post
                  ı am against usa using the word ''genocide'' at least in 2009. already 90% of turks dislike american politics today. main reason is the invasion of ıraq which resulted an uncontrolled area in northern ıraq where pkk attack and harm turkey.using the word ''genocide'' will cause a big crisis among turkey and usa which may cause turkey to completely shift its political direction from usa by the pressure of frustrated turkish people. obama is the last hope for saving turkey-america relations. and this chance must not be waisted.

armenians who only want to harm turkey and only run after vendetta may demand a legal recognition by usa president. but armenians who only want turkey to apologise and start a good relationship between turks and armenians must not support this. this will stop the newly started efforts of reconciliation.

ı know it is difficult to do so. but if ı can openly and loudly defend armenians in turkey,there must be some armenians who have commonsense to reach the peacefull end.
                  lal,

41 of 50 U.S states "have by legislation or proclamation, recognized the Armenian Genocide".(CLICK HERE)

It will only be a matter of time before a U.S President recognizes the Armenian Genocide.

But I must say that I have difficult to understand you here.On the one hand you want Turkey to recognize th AG and on the other hand you don`t want other countries to do the same?Do you really expect that countries should wait to recognize the AG until Turkey does it?Or what are you trying to say?Or does this concern only USA?

Feel free to explain.

Comment

Hillel:If not now, when? If not here, where? If not you, who?
                    "All truth passes through three stages:
                    First, it is ridiculed;
                    Second, it is violently opposed; and
                    Third, it is accepted as self-evident."

Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Comment

Working...
                    X