Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Ermeni Dolu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phantom View Post
    Yes, but he shouldn't have sued her at all. He should have focused on the fact that even though he isn't Armenian, there is nothing wrong with being Armenian. He should be shaming her for her stupidity and racism instead of feeding into it.
    Exactly you are right. I would expect him to answer "What if i am an Armenian" or "Assume that i am an Armenian, so what" or something like that.

Comment

That's right. And what it shows me is that being Armenian in Turkey is so bad that it will ruin your reputation if people think you have any Armenian blood. And here, even in this forum on occasion, we have to deal with Turks who complain that Armenians are raised with hatred against Turks, but that Turks are not raised with any such hatred against Armenians. It's BS, as we can see in black and white from the President's reaction to being accused of having Armenian roots.

Comment

Originally posted by phantom
        And here, even in this forum on occasion, we have to deal with Turks who complain that Armenians are raised with hatred against Turks, but that Turks are not raised with any such hatred against Armenians.
        Armenians' hatred against Turks -if exists- is a drop in the bucket when compared to Turks' hatred.

Classical Turkish (il)logical way of thinking is so strange. Even i am not used to

Comment

Originally posted by antranig View Post

there are many nice, polite turks and we talk pleasantly but they have a suffocated soul. when i look into their eyes right through the pupils and into their soul i can feel their numbness. i might be brain-damaged but i have a soul.

why are we(ım a turk) like that. when we meet foreigners-- ofcourse including all christians-- we act as if we know them before,we help, we talk. we make them like us. but when it comes to armenians, we destroyed them, but still we are not satisfied. we become a devil. we have no hearts, no feelings when we face the armenian.

but we had the same feelings against greeks. and that is cured now. ı will be happy if you can make a comment on this please.why and how it is cured?was it so simple as their help in the earthquake?

ı read all your posts. together with mr joseph , you are the most valuable member here. ı will be glad to read you more.

how will our attitude can change? what must ı do as a turk, to change this wrong attitudes?

best regards--and sorry for my bad english_

lal

t

Comment

Originally posted by phantom
            And here, even in this forum on occasion, we have to deal with Turks who complain that Armenians are raised with hatred against Turks, but that Turks are not raised with any such hatred against Armenians. It's BS, as we can see in black and white from the President's reaction to being accused of having Armenian roots.
            That would be me I guess, maybe not. Anyway I had asked this question flat out to you guys if this was the case and I got my answer. You were one of the people that answered and this was maybe a couple of years ago. That was one of the things I learnt in this forum. But that doesnt mean some are not raised like that. Even you are admitting this saying that "Turks have it too"... I dont complain that some of you have it, I always repeat and say that "its natural". I just cant take it when people strut around like saints pretending they are Desmond Tutu or something. They just hate it when faced with what they really are, or what they are really saying and even scared when confronted with the fact they are not all that different from the Turk they hate.

I am not very keen of Gül myself but he is one of the most mellow politicans I have ever seen. I too tink it was stupid of him to go to court, I would have preferred him to just ignore it or, as you say, make a statement saying what the hell does it matter if he has Armenian blood or not. Most of the people (Turks) around me said that same sentence and I have the feeling that most Turkish sentiment is on the same line as "what does it matter".

Now it is this man, the President, who has done more than anybody else about this subject in this country and all of a sudden, shazaam: y'all are ready to hate his denialist guts.

I mean look at the first post of this thread by antranig. Look at what he is saying: a lot of Turks are like zombies, Turks have a suffocated soul, zombies, flesh eating zombies. For Gods sake this guy is a zombie freak and probably living in his own GOTH fantasy world and look at all the people that give him credit... even you out of all people Phantom... This guy could really be a clinical case (seriously) but a whole lot of you just seem to skip this very obvious possibility maybe feeling comfort and a connection to the rubbish he is saying. Its very interesting to see how many of you feel at home with this kind of attitude when the person saying it is Armenian.

Comment

[QUOTE=hitite;32561
              Now it is this man, the President, who has done more than anybody else about this subject in this country and all of a sudden, shazaam: y'all are ready to hate his denialist guts.

[/QUOTE]
              What exactly Gul has done on the subject?
              I have been there... I have seen ruins of St. Karapet!

Comment

Originally posted by hitite View Post

I mean look at the first post of this thread by antranig. Look at what he is saying: a lot of Turks are like zombies, Turks have a suffocated soul, zombies, flesh eating zombies. For Gods sake this guy is a zombie freak and probably living in his own GOTH fantasy world and look at all the people that give him credit... even you out of all people Phantom... This guy could really be a clinical case (seriously) but a whole lot of you just seem to skip this very obvious possibility maybe feeling comfort and a connection to the rubbish he is saying. Its very interesting to see how many of you feel at home with this kind of attitude when the person saying it is Armenian.

ı think if you read all posts of him, you will see that he is not a freak. on the contrary he is expressing the armenian peoples feelings towards turks very interestingly. ı think he is a very clever person.

we are obviously not flesh eating zombies. we dont even eat pork , eating human flesh is forbidden in kuran. but we have to think why armenians can think like this.and besides ı can sense that armenians actually have both feelings towars turks,they hate us, but they also like us.they want revenge but they mostly want us to understand them. you and me could have gone away from this forum. but joseph wanted to keep us here. he is a very good example of armenian.

it is time for us to reconsider armenians, ı think. but ı dont know how. ı try to talk with 10 close people to me, my mother, myfather, my brother, and friends. none of them are interested about armenian issue. they dont hate armenians, they dont love armenians, they feel no obligations of apologising, they wonder why ım so much thinking armenians. ı dont know myself either. but ı know something that turkish people do not have a western kind of morality. and thats because of islam.

lal

Comment

Originally posted by lal
                  we are obviously not flesh eating zombies. we dont even eat pork , eating human flesh is forbidden in kuran.
                  lal
                  Yah, that makes feel me much better
                  I have been there... I have seen ruins of St. Karapet!

Comment

Originally posted by lal View Post
                    why are we(ım a turk) like that. when we meet foreigners-- ofcourse including all christians-- we act as if we know them before,we help, we talk. we make them like us. but when it comes to armenians, we destroyed them, but still we are not satisfied. we become a devil. we have no hearts, no feelings when we face the armenian.

but we had the same feelings against greeks. and that is cured now. ı will be happy if you can make a comment on this please.why and how it is cured?was it so simple as their help in the earthquake?
                    lal, it's probably shame.
                    Some turks feel shame because of the Genocide, some feel shame because of denial, some feel shame because of a job unfinished.

Comment

That would be me I guess, maybe not. Anyway I had asked this question flat out to you guys if this was the case and I got my answer. You were one of the people that answered and this was maybe a couple of years ago. That was one of the things I learnt in this forum. But that doesnt mean some are not raised like that. Even you are admitting this saying that "Turks have it too"... I dont complain that some of you have it, I always repeat and say that "its natural". I just cant take it when people strut around like saints pretending they are Desmond Tutu or something. They just hate it when faced with what they really are, or what they are really saying and even scared when confronted with the fact they are not all that different from the Turk they hate.
                      Hitite, I think this question bothers you till today, even after so much has been said. First off, no one said "some" aren't raised with the mentality that Turks were and are our enemies till today, which is in some way true, but trust me, when we talk about hatred, Turkey is far more down the rabbit hole then Armenia. There are so many people I know that have already moved on and really don't give a crap what's happening. Some are disgusted by all the politics both in Armenia and Turkey.

Second off, I fight hard to change the mentality of Armenians so how can anyone think that I'm the one filled with hatred? Not only do I fight but many, many others. You would be illiterate to deny that.

Finally, I simply cherish the opportunity to know who you are talking about when you talk about people struting around like saints.

If Armenians were raised into thinking Turks were bad or our enemies, then Turks were raised into thinking that all Armenians hate them, lol. I think it's become a habit already. Your not the first Turk and I sure as hell bet you aren't the last.

Its very interesting to see how many of you feel at home with this kind of attitude when the person saying it is Armenian.
                      To tell you the truth, I haven't even read it properly. Let me read it all a few times. I just provided a bit of my own insight.

ı think if you read all posts of him, you will see that he is not a freak. on the contrary he is expressing the armenian peoples feelings towards turks very interestingly. ı think he is a very clever person.
                      Lal, those feelings are not the feelings of Armenians in general. I'd say they belong more to Antranig and some other small minorities, if not individuals.
                      THE ROAD TO FREEDOM AND JUSTICE IS A LONG ONE!

Comment

Working...
                      X