Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

What if ... ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if ... ?

Guys, what if you could do anything? What if you had the power to make major decisions? If you did, what would you do to help the Armenians (and Turks) and to get the AG recognized? Take this very seriously, imagine you actually had the power ... what would you do?
    THE ROAD TO FREEDOM AND JUSTICE IS A LONG ONE!

Originally posted by Saco View Post
    Guys, what if you could do anything? What if you had the power to make major decisions? If you did, what would you do to help the Armenians (and Turks) and to get the AG recognized? Take this very seriously, imagine you actually had the power ... what would you do?
    Take the entire turkish nation on a "dream walk" as in "A Christmas Carol", let them see Christmas Past, Present and Future.
    At the end of the "dream walk", Saco, the turkish people still need to make their own decision.

Comment

Very smart. I think that will be happening soon enough though. I kinda meant if you were the one in charge of deciding. If you had to make choices, what would they be?

Comment

Originally posted by Saco View Post
        Very smart. I think that will be happening soon enough though. I kinda meant if you were the one in charge of deciding. If you had to make choices, what would they be?
        We also stated some plans or intentions or demands two years ago in a declaration (of Young Mathematicians of East). Of course they are solutions for Turkey:

1- Recognize Armenian, Assyrian, Greek and Dersim Genocide
        2- Issue an offical state bill that states "Turkey Republic feels extremely sorry for the atrocities, mass murders, rapes, steals and other inhuman acts which are done by Ittihadist and Kemalist governments against Armenians, Greeks, Assyrians, Kurds, Turks and other peoples of Anatolia"
        3- Open borders and remove obstacles in ports between Armenia and Turkey
        4- Erect a monument just in the border line dedicated to Genocides one side in Armenian, one side in Turkish
        5- Accept exiled people of Anatolia to settle their homeland as equal citizens
        6- Give compensation to Armenia annually in the name of humanitarian aid
        7- Establish a new constitution that doesnot contain any kind of nationalism and Kemalism
        8- Start negotiations between 4 countries to solve problems
        9- Solve problem in Cyprus
        10- Recognize and support Kurdish language and Kurdish people
        11- Establish Anatolian People Institution in proper universities that research and develop Anatolian peoples' languages, culture and civilization
        12- Start a student exchange programme between Armenia and Turkey
        13- Return all properties of foundations that were confiscated by the state
        14- Abolish Religious Affairs Administration
        15- Abolish obligatory "religion" classes
        16- Sue officials especially for those who intervened inhuman acts
        17- Issue a general amnesty for political prisoners
        18- Remove all portraits, statues and such things of Kemal from squares, roads, streets, public offices, schools etc.
        19- Return original names of villages, towns, cities etc. and stop Turkifying place names
        20- Rewrite educational books according to "real history"

Comment

Great work Arda. I don't think everyone will agree with 18 and 19 though.

Let's add to the list. Here are a few from my side.

21. Return all Armenian deposits in Turkey.
          22. Make a wall and write down the names of the Armenians that were killed. Not only Armenians but people from other countries too. (Thank Edoman for this idea )
          23. Allow Armenians to enter the archives whenever they wish and return a lot of it, most archival material doesn't belong to Turkey and anyways, Turks will burn them slowly, slowly so we should save however much we can.

Comment

Originally posted by Saco
            Great work Arda. I don't think everyone will agree with 18 and 19 though.

Let's add to the list. Here are a few from my side.

21. Return all Armenian deposits in Turkey.
            22. Make a wall and write down the names of the Armenians that were killed. Not only Armenians but people from other countries too. (Thank Edoman for this idea )
            23. Allow Armenians to enter the archives whenever they wish and return a lot of it, most archival material doesn't belong to Turkey and anyways, Turks will burn them slowly, slowly so we should save however much we can.
            22 is very well, I meant such kind of thing by saying "Erect a monument...".

21 is impossible unfortunately. Not because of i disagree but because of destruction of all records. Instead of this, i thought giving directly to Armenia a compensation is better.

23 is also related to 21.

Comment

Originally posted by ardakilic View Post
              We also stated some plans or intentions or demands two years ago in a declaration (of Young Mathematicians of East). Of course they are solutions for Turkey:

1- Recognize Armenian, Assyrian, Greek and Dersim Genocide
              2- Issue an offical state bill that states "Turkey Republic feels extremely sorry for the atrocities, mass murders, rapes, steals and other inhuman acts which are done by Ittihadist and Kemalist governments against Armenians, Greeks, Assyrians, Kurds, Turks and other peoples of Anatolia"
              3- Open borders and remove obstacles in ports between Armenia and Turkey
              4- Erect a monument just in the border line dedicated to Genocides one side in Armenian, one side in Turkish
              5- Accept exiled people of Anatolia to settle their homeland as equal citizens
              6- Give compensation to Armenia annually in the name of humanitarian aid
              7- Establish a new constitution that doesnot contain any kind of nationalism and Kemalism
              8- Start negotiations between 4 countries to solve problems
              9- Solve problem in Cyprus
              10- Recognize and support Kurdish language and Kurdish people
              11- Establish Anatolian People Institution in proper universities that research and develop Anatolian peoples' languages, culture and civilization
              12- Start a student exchange programme between Armenia and Turkey
              13- Return all properties of foundations that were confiscated by the state
              14- Abolish Religious Affairs Administration
              15- Abolish obligatory "religion" classes
              16- Sue officials especially for those who intervened inhuman acts
              17- Issue a general amnesty for political prisoners
              18- Remove all portraits, statues and such things of Kemal from squares, roads, streets, public offices, schools etc.
              19- Return original names of villages, towns, cities etc. and stop Turkifying place names
              20- Rewrite educational books according to "real history"

14- that means you dont want a state controlled religon. you think you know everything well. but you dont know islam. islam is not compateble with democracy. if you let islam go, you will get iran. the satan's country.

18- not possible. but we must not go on to put new ones. he is our symbol--even if not yours-- this doesnt mean that we will follow kemalizm ,iwhich is invented after his death.

most of the other things you wrote can not and will not happen in our life time. but some of them must and will.

Comment

Originally posted by lal
                14- that means you dont want a state controlled religon. you think you know everything well. but you dont know islam. islam is not compateble with democracy. if you let islam go, you will get iran. the satan's country.
                Yes, in a secular country neither state controls religion nor religion controls state. I can feel sarcasm in the sentence "you know everything well" but no problem. How do you know that i dont know İslam? You can hate a religion but cannot offer destruction of it.

Originally posted by lal
                18- not possible. but we must not go on to put new ones. he is our symbol--even if not yours-- this doesnt mean that we will follow kemalizm ,iwhich is invented after his death.
                Do you know that Kemal is the first dictator in the world who erected his own statues in the country he ruled?

Comment

Originally posted by ardakilic
                  Yes, in a secular country neither state controls religion nor religion controls state. I can feel sarcasm in the sentence "you know everything well" but no problem. How do you know that i dont know İslam? You can hate a religion but cannot offer destruction of it.

Do you know that Kemal is the first dictator in the world who erected his own statues in the country he ruled?

you said you can even translate kuran from arabic to turkish. that means you know it very well. and although you are a kuran expert, you still claim that in secular country state should not control religon. than you dont know islam. this is not sarcazm. it is reality. if you cant destroy islam, you need to hide the real islam from people. ı am totally against leaving islam uncontrolled. ı dont want to be one of the 40 hoori of anybody before ı die.

ı read sevan nişanyans opinions. well, you think exactly the same. this is difficult for me to swallow. ı love ataturk and this will not change. he is a modern man. and his hatred of islam ,by itself is enough for me to adore him.

on the other hand, although it is very difficult for me to follow you, ı realised that turkish state deceive us by teaching wrong history. we are not the oppressed, but we are the oppressors to different people. ı understood this.

Comment

Originally posted by lal View Post
                    you said you can even translate kuran from arabic to turkish. that means you know it very well. and although you are a kuran expert, you still claim that in secular country state should not control religon. than you dont know islam. this is not sarcazm. it is reality. if you cant destroy islam, you need to hide the real islam from people. ı am totally against leaving islam uncontrolled. ı dont want to be one of the 40 hoori of anybody before ı die.
                    I didnot claim that i am an expert on Koran. If Islam is assumed to be "dangerous" all divine religions should be accepted as dangerous. And your last sentence: There is no verse in Koran, there is no sayings of prophet Mohammad about that issue.

ı read sevan nişanyans opinions. well, you think exactly the same. this is difficult for me to swallow. ı love ataturk and this will not change. he is a modern man. and his hatred of islam ,by itself is enough for me to adore him.
                    Cant you see that you follow Kemalism as a religion? And no single word about erection of statues? Did you read all the book? Woow!

on the other hand, although it is very difficult for me to follow you, ı realised that turkish state deceive us by teaching wrong history. we are not the oppressed, but we are the oppressors to different people. ı understood this.
                    Tell me a single difference in mentality and ideology between Enver and Kemal? Who deceived you? So-called "Sun Language Theory"?

Comment

Working...
                    X