Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Israel will be reconize the Armenian Genocide ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Israel will be reconize the Armenian Genocide ?

Originally posted by Hellektor View Post

You surely know that as far as international law goes, we have the right on that part of Armenia you see in my avatar. On November 22 1920, Woodrow Wilson signed and sealed (with the big seal of the Union) his report regarding the delineation of the border between Turkey and Armenia according to the arbitral award, agreed and signed by 17 countries including Turkey and Armenia. This document is the key to the solution of a great part of our Cause, given that Armenia achieves a reasonable level of economic stability and a just society at a time that a patriotic government comes to power and raises the Wilson arbitration issue.
    Who said racism is not universal!? I am always amazed to see how a racist jerk cites another racist jerk.

Below is some info about the justice-seeker Woodrow Wilson. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woodrow_Wilson

A person that cannot solve ethnic problems in his own country, messes up in Irish-English problem, yet he is THE person to be adressed to solve Turkish-Armenian problem.

"While president of Princeton University, Wilson discouraged blacks from even applying for admission, preferring to keep the peace among white students than have black students admitted.[43] Princeton did not admit its first black student until the 1940s.[citation needed]

As President, Wilson allowed many of his cabinet officials to establish official segregation in most federal government offices, in some departments for the first time since 1863. "His administration imposed full racial segregation in Washington and hounded from office considerable numbers of black federal employees."[2] Wilson and his cabinet members fired many black Republican office holders in political appointee positions, but also appointed a few black Democrats to such posts. W. E. B. Du Bois, a leader of the NAACP, campaigned for Wilson and in 1918 was offered an Army commission in charge of dealing with race relations; DuBois accepted, but he failed his Army physical and did not serve.[44] When a delegation of blacks protested the discriminatory actions, Wilson told them that "[S]egregation is not a humiliation but a benefit, and ought to be so regarded by you gentlemen." In 1914, he told the New York Times, "If the colored people made a mistake in voting for me, they ought to correct it."[45]

Wilson was highly criticized by African Americans for his actions. He was also criticized by southern hard-line racists such as Georgian Thomas E. Watson, who believed Wilson did not go far enough in restricting black employment in the federal government. The segregation introduced into the federal workplace by the Wilson administration was kept in place by the succeeding presidents and not officially ended until the Truman Administration.[46]

Woodrow Wilson's History of the American People explained the Ku Klux Klan of the late 1860s as the natural outgrowth of Reconstruction, a lawless reaction to a lawless period. Wilson noted that the Klan "began to attempt by intimidation what they were not allowed to attempt by the ballot or by any ordered course of public action."[47] Although it is unclear whether Wilson's harsh critique of the Reconstruction was colored by his personal beliefs, his critique contributed to the intellectual/historical justification for the racist policies/reactions of the 20th century American South"

Follow the racists/fashist people/plans in the world, pray for "patriotic" governments, you'll get somewhere for sure. But as we say in Turkish "the one guided by the crow will end up his nose burried in shiit"

Comment

I pray for common sense governments, they are incredibly rare.

Comment

xxxs won’t block Armenian Genocide resolution any more
        10.02.2009 17:28 GMT+04:00

/PanARMENIAN.Net/ Two serious threats are on the horizon to relations between NATO allies Turkey and the United States during the period of the new Obama administration in Washington: the Armenian Genocide resolution and the fallout from the Turkish Prime Minister’s encounter with Israeli President Shimon Peres at Davos, according to a veteran U.S. diplomat.

"The style of leadership in Washington now has changed and is quite different from the Bush style. I am optimistic about the future of bilateral ties but there are two very serious problems on the horizon," retired Ambassador James Holmes, president of the American-Turkish Council, told the Hurriyet Daily News & Economic Review,

One issue is the negative repercussions in Washington from a public confrontation between Peres and Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan at the now-infamous Davos panel that ended when the latter walked off stage, he said.

"As popular as that was in Turkey and in much of the Arab world it was received very negatively in the United States and particularly in the American-xxxish community, which has always been a supporter and ally of Turkey," said Holmes. "The American-xxxish community’s support for Turkey’s position on the Armenian Genocide resolution, for example, is gone. They will not expend any political energy in blocking a resolution or a presidential proclamation."

Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Originally posted by may View Post
          Who said racism is not universal!? I am always amazed to see how a racist jerk cites another racist jerk.

Below is some info about the justice-seeker Woodrow Wilson. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woodrow_Wilson

A person that cannot solve ethnic problems in his own country, messes up in Irish-English problem, yet he is THE person to be adressed to solve Turkish-Armenian problem.

"While president of Princeton University, Wilson discouraged blacks from even applying for admission, preferring to keep the peace among white students than have black students admitted.[43] Princeton did not admit its first black student until the 1940s.[citation needed]

As President, Wilson allowed many of his cabinet officials to establish official segregation in most federal government offices, in some departments for the first time since 1863. "His administration imposed full racial segregation in Washington and hounded from office considerable numbers of black federal employees."[2] Wilson and his cabinet members fired many black Republican office holders in political appointee positions, but also appointed a few black Democrats to such posts. W. E. B. Du Bois, a leader of the NAACP, campaigned for Wilson and in 1918 was offered an Army commission in charge of dealing with race relations; DuBois accepted, but he failed his Army physical and did not serve.[44] When a delegation of blacks protested the discriminatory actions, Wilson told them that "[S]egregation is not a humiliation but a benefit, and ought to be so regarded by you gentlemen." In 1914, he told the New York Times, "If the colored people made a mistake in voting for me, they ought to correct it."[45]

Wilson was highly criticized by African Americans for his actions. He was also criticized by southern hard-line racists such as Georgian Thomas E. Watson, who believed Wilson did not go far enough in restricting black employment in the federal government. The segregation introduced into the federal workplace by the Wilson administration was kept in place by the succeeding presidents and not officially ended until the Truman Administration.[46]

Woodrow Wilson's History of the American People explained the Ku Klux Klan of the late 1860s as the natural outgrowth of Reconstruction, a lawless reaction to a lawless period. Wilson noted that the Klan "began to attempt by intimidation what they were not allowed to attempt by the ballot or by any ordered course of public action."[47] Although it is unclear whether Wilson's harsh critique of the Reconstruction was colored by his personal beliefs, his critique contributed to the intellectual/historical justification for the racist policies/reactions of the 20th century American South"

Follow the racists/fashist people/plans in the world, pray for "patriotic" governments, you'll get somewhere for sure. But as we say in Turkish "the one guided by the crow will end up his nose burried in shiit"
          Hello may:

I was under the impression that Wilson was a devout Christian who cared greatly about the suffering of the indigenous Armenian Christians by the hands of Muslim Turks. He saw it as his duty to help his fellow Christians being in the position of power, not to mention that Armenians fought during WWI on the side of Democracy, Freedom, and liberty knowing very well how Turks would react; It wasn’t that he loved Armenians per say.
          Too bad congress didn’t back him up, do you agree?
          B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
            Hello may:

I was under the impression that Wilson was a devout Christian who cared greatly about the suffering of the indigenous Armenian Christians by the hands of Muslim Turks. He saw it as his duty to help his fellow Christians being in the position of power, not to mention that Armenians fought during WWI on the side of Democracy, Freedom, and liberty knowing very well how Turks would react; It wasn’t that he loved Armenians per say.
            Indeed Edo.And by the, Wiki isn`t really a trustworthy source.It should be used with caution in my honest opinion.

On another note:

Good to see you here May and Edo.

Comment

Hello may:

Hi Eddo,

You can say it is a prejudice or a paranoia, but when one country/politician is interested in a problem overseas (and especially if that is U.S. or another "big power") I always assume a different agenda than being a member of the same nation, religion etc. Afghans are not Christian at all, but they received both the support and punishment from U.S. at different times for the same reason: Liberty. That is not a universal rule of course, but what I learned so far in my life is, a country "really" caring for the other is very very very... very hardly the case. This includes Turkish prime minister's "heroic" (so they say) protest of Israel (please see approaching Turkish local elections).

Besides all, I think if the problem is to be ever solved, that will be between two nations (Turks and Armenians). I understand Armenian lobies to seek for support from other countries for pressure on Turkey because Turkish state was ignoring the subject. With the petition and growing awareness in the public, solution is getting closer everyday. This does not mean we are on the path, but I still think that a solution imposed by a third party will be nowhere appropriate/acceptable to solve the problem. What I want is, maybe for the first time, these big powers will be the one to be used and trashed after their use is over. It may not be now or in immediate future, but after a while, I hope we won't need their intervention to talk. These are all good will, tough, cross fingers.

I don't know if I could answered your question, or you feel like I diverted the subject. I honestly did not get which decision of Wilson you are mentioning that the congress did not back. Still, as per what I wrote, any decision taken by a U.S. president (backed or refused) will not provide a real solution for Turkish-Armenian relationships.

@Alexandros

You are definitely true about the use of wiki. Actually, I deleted few lines just before sending the post. They read something like "I know wiki is not a reliable source at all but if you google Wilson and racism, you'll find much more disgusting information about Wilson". Nevertheless, yes, wiki should be used with great caution (especially for subjects about football players. Turkish guys were transfering anybody to Turkish teams at wiki )

Comment

Hello may:

Absolutely! President Wilson was indeed a humanitarian and a devout Christian. If anyone is and for Armenians, will only praise Mr. Wilson and what he tried to do for the Armenians. It is indeed too bad that congress didn't back him up for Wilsonian Armenia to have become a reality. Armenia proper would have been a much powerful nation by now if that has happened. Too bad.

Welcome to this Forum Eddo.

Comment

Originally posted by Anoush View Post
                  Absolutely! President Wilson was indeed a humanitarian and a devout Christian.
                  I don't know the faith part, but I strongly doubt the humanitarian part. And it looks like I am not alone.

"Wilson allowed various officials to segregate the toilets, cafeterias, and work areas of their departments. One justification involved health: White government workers had to be protected from contagious diseases, especially venereal diseases, that racists imagined were being spread by blacks"

Some scholar work: K. Wolgemuth. "Woodrow Wilson and Federal Segregation," Journal of American History 52 (June 1965): 75-88.

Another scholar work: RACISM AND HISTORICAL UNDERSTANDING: SOME USES OF BLACK HISTORY Educational Studies, Volume 12, Issue 3 September 1981 , pages 265 - 279.

A quotation from the above paper: "Woodrow Wilson's New Freedom sought to achieve political democracy and equality of economic opportunity for white Americans only. With Wilson's consent, the federal bureaucracy for the first time in the nation's history undertook a systematic campaign to segregate and downgrade black employees. The New Deal brought relief to many Negroes but true economic, educational and political power to very few. FDR's commitment to equal rights was primarily rhetorical. Unlike other immigrant groups, Afro-Americans were not assimilated but rather innudated by the white majority. Isolated politically, educationally and economically, if not culturally, they were as foreign bodies without a host organism"

and many more sources are just a click away...

Comment

Originally posted by Anoush View Post
                    Absolutely! President Wilson was indeed a humanitarian and a devout Christian. If anyone is and for Armenians, will only praise Mr. Wilson and what he tried to do for the Armenians. It is indeed too bad that congress didn't back him up for Wilsonian Armenia to have become a reality. Armenia proper would have been a much powerful nation by now if that has happened. Too bad.

Welcome to this Forum Eddo.
                    Thank you very much for the warm welcome Anoush Jan....BTW, I agree, All Armenians needed at the time was a fair chance and nothing could have stopped them. The treaty of Sevres would have given Armenia that chance to prosper beyond our imagination.

Alexandro, it is good to see you as well. Seeing your Avatar is always a welcome sight for me.

may, you right about intentions of governments in general however your example of Afghanistan is incorrect. US supported Mujahedeen during soviet invasion for the same reasons Soviets supported communists Vietnam during the Vietnam War (deprive them of control). The current operations in Afghanistan are very complicated but the Neo-conservative Ideology of bringing Democracy is completely out of the question. The objectives is to hunt down Bin Laden and his side kick, eradicate Al Qaeda, bring stability to the country so it is not a terrorist heaven and come to some sort of agreement with Taliban. Obama seems to be on the right path so far.
                    B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

May; May I ask you why at this time you are bombarding Wilsons integrity and digging out vehemently his supposedly anti black stands? Why are you attacking his humanitarian stands this way? We Armenians cherish the very fact that he was a devout Christian and certainly friends of Christians -such as the Armenians? I dont understand your logic at this time?
                      Last edited by Anoush; 02-12-2009, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X