Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

What are the things that Turkey is or Turk’s are proud of?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the things that Turkey is or Turk’s are proud of?

Everyone, I have been away for the last two days because my grandmother is very sick in Meghri. I just returned and realized my thread was closed and I couldn’t be happier. I see that my plan worked. It took twelve pages to get to this point. I wanted all of you to speak up and go through all you did so FINALLY we could get something done together. I saw a lot of insults in my thread after I left and I couldn’t care less right now. I have millions of people to worry about and all the people that have placed their trust and hopes in me.

This new thread is meant to only talk about what Turk’s are proud of today and if I get sufficient/proper info, it will be used in a very interesting, informative, and completely positive way. I am not a man with many faces and my word is a man’s word. The purpose of my endeavor is one that cannot be understood by all until CA is finally ready and perhaps even then, many won’t understand my motives. But like I said, I couldn’t care less.

I would like to make this as simple as possible.

1. I want to know what Turk’s are proud of when it comes to almost any field namely music, writing, science, math, art, etc. Everything basically that makes Turkey (or any nation) what she is today. You can also state examples of figures in history but let’s leave history itself alone because it brings in a lot of unrelated discussions and various unwanted forms of racism which many sometimes don’t see clearly.

2. You don’t have to submit the names of WORLD FAMOUS Turk’s alone and no matter whom you post, please explain why they deserve to be respected by people in general and what makes them special/different. Is Armenia what it is only because of world famous Armenians? If so, that’s just sad. I’m asking for what Turkey is proud of INSIDE Turkey, not only outside. And of course, many won’t know what Turk’s are proud of because most don’t talk to them everyday. That shouldn’t come as a surprise. Of course we don’t know, if we did, I wouldn’t be trying so hard to find out a few reasons why Turk’s are proud of their nation. Just because we know Orhan and a few other great people, that doesn’t mean we know everything about Turkey. We know nothing and we have to accept that. So do they when it comes to Armenia and in-fact Turkey, as well. Many Turks know as much about Turkey as we do. Please remember everyone that you may NOT post the names of anyone you know that is against Armenians. If the people you know have not/don’t respect Armenia/Armenians then their names will not be included in the list. This is final.

3. Silly comments such as “Of course we are proud of something, isn’t that obvious?” must never be used. If you are so proud, share some of your wisdom with us.

4. Armenia or any other nation has nothing to do with this thread. Period. We are not talking about what Armenian’s are proud of and trust me, all those that don’t know, it’s an ocean out there. You couldn’t write about all that the Armenians have done even if you wanted to. Every nation is special in some way and our nation is famous for its talent. Our people not only helped Armenia but other nations as well more then most people can imagine so let’s leave it at that.

5. Hellektor and all those who couldn’t care less about what Turk’s are proud of (I don’t blame you), I ask you to please not post unrelated material in this thread if you ever post. You guys don’t know much just like me and frankly speaking, you aren’t a Turk and you wouldn’t know what he/she would or feels proud of today. I have explained myself more then once and in a way so that even a 1st Grader could understand me. I couldn’t care less what you think of me and the other people busting their heads and not sparing a drop of energy to get the AG know to the world every single day, putting their own personal lives to a side. If you come here with the wrong intentions and post in an abusive manner, I will personally find more then one way to get your asses banned. I’ve been through much more difficult people, you’re neither the first nor the last, and I’m not impressed. This isn’t to offend you, I have no reason to offend, it is simply to keep the status quo and remind all what the purpose of this thread is.

6. I ask all moderators and admins to please delete all unrelated posts IMMEDIATELY because we know what happens when they aren’t.
    THE ROAD TO FREEDOM AND JUSTICE IS A LONG ONE!

The List

So far, this is what we have. As I get new info, I will add all of it into this particular post in this thread.

Literature

Poet: Nazim Hikmet
    Writer: Orhan Pamuk

Science/Chemistry/Biology/Math/Medicine

Mathematician: Cahit Arf
    Chemist/Biologist: Oktay Sinanoğlu
    Medicine: Hulusi Behçet

Art

Painter: Abidin Dino

Music

Musician: Erkan Ogur

Comment

Re: What are the things that Turkey is or Turk’s are proud of?

5. Hellektor and all those who couldn’t care less about what Turk’s are proud of (I don’t blame you), I ask you to please not post unrelated material in this thread if you ever post. You guys don’t know much just like me and frankly speaking, you aren’t a Turk and you wouldn’t know what he/she would or feels proud of today. I have explained myself more then once and in a way so that even a 1st Grader could understand me. I couldn’t care less what you think of me and the other people busting their heads and not sparing a drop of energy to get the AG know to the world every single day, putting their own personal lives to a side. If you come here with the wrong intentions and post in an abusive manner, I will personally find more then one way to get your asses banned. I’ve been through much more difficult people, you’re neither the first nor the last, and I’m not impressed. This isn’t to offend you, I have no reason to offend, it is simply to keep the status quo and remind all what the purpose of this thread is.
      Are you treating us or what, I don't like being threatened I don't care were I am. Who do you think you are? what is this idea of disillusion that you have any power here. Non of us do, only the mods do and let's hope they use their power in the right way. Like they have been doing. So stop talking out of your ass.

@topic: they've got only to people to be proud of. Ohran Pahmuk and one historian. And that's my opinion.

Comment

I never said I have power to get you banned. That's why I said ...

6. I ask all moderators and admins to please delete all unrelated posts IMMEDIATELY because we know what happens when they aren’t.

And I said this wasn't to offend you. Rather, it was to make sure I didn't get unwanted material from you guys and to simply say how I couldn't care less about all the petty insults I got in the last thread. And I'm saying it again. I will do EVERYTHING to get you or anyone that messes around when there is pretty much no reason to do so, banned.

Plus, there are only two people to be proud of right? That's why you can see 7 names in my list . 70 Million people isn't a joke. You can't melt it all down to two freakin people, lol.
        Last edited by Sako; 02-14-2009, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Re: The List

Originally posted by Saco View Post
          So far, this is what we have. As I get new info, I will add all of it into this particular post in this thread.

Literature

Poet: Nazim Hikmet
          Writer: Orhan Pamuk

Science/Chemistry/Biology/Math/Medicine

Mathematician: Cahit Arf
          Chemist/Biologist: Oktay Sinanoğlu
          Medicine: Hulusi Behçet

Art

Painter: Abidin Dino

Music

Musician: Erkan Ogur
          Funny... How worldly and universal are these people (except for Pamuk, perhaps)? Did you try checking out the credibility of the "info" you are getting, Saco, before enlightening us? Or you simply want to answer your own question, no matter what?
          Last edited by Lucin; 02-14-2009, 07:57 AM.

Comment

...Or are you simply trying real hard to find some little mistake ? Go to my previous thread related to Turkish pride as well and you'll see May mention these people and explain why they are special. And I'm not trying to enlighten anyone and if anyone, first myself because I'm pretty blank when it comes to Turkey as a nation.

Plus, read the following word for word Lucin instead of trying to find some fault in my thread.

2. You don’t have to submit the names of WORLD FAMOUS Turk’s alone and no matter whom you post, please explain why they deserve to be respected by people in general and what makes them special/different. Is Armenia what it is only because of world famous Armenians? If so, that’s just sad. I’m asking for what Turkey is proud of INSIDE Turkey, not only outside.

Back to the thread, shall we? And just in case, so far I haven't really posted anything maybe because I'm the one asking the question, if that wasn't obvious already.
            Last edited by Sako; 02-14-2009, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Re: The List

Originally posted by Lucin View Post
              Funny... How worldly and universal are these people (except for Pamuk, perhaps)? Did you try checking out the credibility of the "info" you are getting, Saco, before enlightening us? Or you simply want to answer your own question, no matter what?
              nice said

@saco if I don't break the rules and post on topic you don't have any power to get me or any one else banned from here. So don't act mighty when you aren't and everytihing I posted are reactions to what you have said.

And I stand by my words there are only two people out of the 100milj(azeris+turks) that turks really can be proud of and present to the world and follow their example.

Comment

It seems that this thread is impossible to have without tension from both sides.

First, Saco. You should be more careful in your words as you are making threats to people. That is against the rules. Why couldn't you just post about the topic instead of going off tangent and indirectly trying to badger? This isn't the first time you are inciting tension with your comments.

Lucin, Karo, why don't you two take the higher road? If you see he is threatening, either the moderators will see it and deal with it, or you can notify us.

This is a warning to all three of you. I'm tired of this constant arguing and fighting on these forums.

For the last time, this topic is beat to death. If one has nothing to post about the topic, don't post. I'm pressed to ask now, who cares what Turks should be proud of? The more pertinent question is why can't we discuss anything on these damn boards without insults and threats?
                Achkerov kute.

Comment

Working...
                X