Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Baby Steps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Baby Steps

Originally posted by Saco View Post
    Am I asking for too much?

Don't talk about my friends. It is not in your place to say something like that And I never preach, I only say the truth. To some it looks like preaching and to many, it looks like a simple post with truthful views. So enough with the "Your a preacher" phrase. It's starting to annoy. And regarding contribution, I can see how much contribution your making.
    Can't help yourself can you, preaching, sending out instructions, spouting bile.
    If , to keep on thread track, you think Armenia & Georgia have good relations I recommend reading some history books and current news magazines/papers.
    Just because Georgians are Christian, from kavkaz, use an Armenian designed alphabet, are an ancient people, doesn't mean they are anything allied to Armenia.

Comment

Can't help yourself can you, preaching, sending out instructions, spouting bile.
      If , to keep on thread track, you think Armenia & Georgia have good relations I recommend reading some history books and current news magazines/papers.
      Just because Georgians are Christian, from kavkaz, use an Armenian designed alphabet, are an ancient people, doesn't mean they are anything allied to Armenia.
      I never said I know everything about Georgia. That's why I asked Hrai. And I don't preach, AGAIN. I don't get which part of my message was preaching.
      THE ROAD TO FREEDOM AND JUSTICE IS A LONG ONE!

Comment

Doesn't look like it.

You give the impression that you are a moderator to chastise and delete/ban members. You dislike the fact that Hellektor posts in your thread a position not in agreement with yours, best thing is that you post a thread and nobody else posts there until we get approval from yourself.

I simply didn't want Hellektor to screw up my thread which had nothing to do with what he said, I know he has the power to do that. Am I asking for too much? I even supported what he said but it didn't have to come up in this thread.

Don't talk about my friends. We'll understand each other, we'll fix any errors, etc. It is not in your place to say something like that and what happened was a mere misunderstanding. And I never preach, I only say the truth. To some it looks like preaching and to many, it looks like a simple post with truthful views. So enough with the "Your a preacher" phrase. It's starting to annoy. And regarding contribution, I can see how much contribution your making.
        I never said I know everything about Georgia. That's why I asked Hrai. And I don't preach, AGAIN. I don't get which part of my message was preaching.
        Saco, above you claim that it doesn't look as if I read older threads/posts, perhaps you could continue your own education if you read these older posts/threads.......you would learn something about Georgia for a start and more importantly, you wouldn't need to start new threads where the subject already exists, such as "Deniers" and Joseph's thread "The List".
        You're obviously gathering as much information as you can for some school project or like and if you read the forum from day one you'll find all the answers you need.
        When you want to start a thread/question, why not type the subject in the thread/post search box and be pleasantly surprised what comes up?
        Just a thought.

Comment

Saco, above you claim that it doesn't look as if I read older threads/posts, perhaps you could continue your own education if you read these older posts/threads.......you would learn something about Georgia for a start and more importantly, you wouldn't need to start new threads where the subject already exists, such as "Deniers" and Joseph's thread "The List".
          First of all, stop with sarcasm, it doesn't fly too well. And there have been many people that have started new threads that already existed else where. Why don't you go get sarcastic with them? Stop trying to find a way to humiliate me, lol, it isn't working too well.

You're obviously gathering as much information as you can for some school project or like and if you read the forum from day one you'll find all the answers you need.

It's not a school project Hrai, it's much bigger then that and I guess I'll start from day one, you finally said something that makes sense.

When you want to start a thread/question, why not type the subject in the thread/post search box and be pleasantly surprised what comes up?

Tried that a few times, didn't give me what I want. Any other magic tricks you know?

Comment

The Management of Hrai's house (she who must be obeyed) would like to point out that the following post contains no sarcasm or intended humiliation.Should any reader feel that sarcasm or intended humiliation are present, the management apologies in advance.

First of all, stop with sarcasm, it doesn't fly too well. And there have been many people that have started new threads that already existed else where. Why don't you go get sarcastic with them? Stop trying to find a way to humiliate me, lol, it isn't working too well.
            No sarcasm there at all, if you read it that way you're wrong and I'm really not trying to humiliate you, neither sarcasm or humiliation are my tools as I don't like either. You should turn down your defensive radar as it's showing blips where blips don't exist.

It's not a school project Hrai, it's much bigger then that and I guess I'll start from day one, you finally said something that makes sense.
            You really are an offensive person.

Tried that a few times, didn't give me what I want. Any other magic tricks you know?
            Try using phrases or words close to your actual first choice....every post/thread is available and will honestly speed up your learning.
            Before you jump down my throat, no sarcasm or humiliation intended.

Comment

The Management of Hrai's house (she who must be obeyed) would like to point out that the following post contains no sarcasm or intended humiliation.Should any reader feel that sarcasm or intended humiliation are present, the management apologies in advance.
              No sarcasm there at all, if you read it that way you're wrong and I'm really not trying to humiliate you, neither sarcasm or humiliation are my tools as I don't like either. You should turn down your defensive radar as it's showing blips where blips don't exist.
              My defensive radar has been showing .blips that have existed for a longggg time so I wouldn't blame it if it was mistaken this once. You've been supporting Hellektor ever since I saw you in the forums so don't blame the radar. Anyways, I apologize myself if I said anything out of place in the recent posts but there is a lot of things that were said, not particularly by you, that was completely out of place and nothing will remain unanswered. I can back what I say and I'm not afraid to apologize if I'm wrong. I hope a few others are also that prepared because I haven't forgotten anything.

You really are an offensive person.
              I wouldn't say that. You're forgetting that you went against me in the beginning so I find everything to be natural. You've been offending me so many times, bare with a little offense yourself.

I'm not saying I haven't made any mistakes but some of the posts out there against me and many other people is not right at all and I have a reason for fighting. I never hit anyone unless that person deserves it. It's only now that you're tone of voice is changing so naturally, mine will also change. I loath fighting but I'm not afraid to. At times, you have to stand up.

Try using phrases or words close to your actual first choice....every post/thread is available and will honestly speed up your learning. Before you jump down my throat, no sarcasm or humiliation intended.
              No one is jumping down anyone's throat here, Hrai, stop crying wolf. It's the other way around and I have the posts to prove it so please, stop acting like you or anyone else here is the victim. Its simply hilarious. And if I did jump down some ones throat, I did so simply because they jumped down mine first. That's completely natural.

Anyways, since you changed your tone, let's forget about what happened. I'm working on the searching and I haven't done it properly till now mostly because I don't have much time. But it's not just a learning experience (although naturally the learning process never ends for any of us), or something related to school (I've finished, lol, if that wasn't already obvious), it's for a really massive project that will be ready by April 24th, hopefully!

Comment

Originally posted by Hellektor View Post
                Armenia is not Anatolia! The Armenian Highland starts where Anatolia ends at the 38th eastern meridian. Occupied Smyrna, occupied Angora, occupied Adrianople, etc., are in fact in Anatolia (Greek for east) and not occupied Van, Karin, Baghesh, Kharbert, Kars, Ardahan, etc. These are in Armenian Highland. Anatolia or Asia Minor is the peninsula, the western half of today's on genocide founded Turkey. The eastern half of Turkey is not Anatolia. The worst mistake even “academic” people allow is the despicable, meaningless term “Eastern Anatolia” (Eastern East).
                I've just seen this post, sorry to respond late. I have just learned about the "real" borders of Anatolia from a map. But if you say Asia Minor is equal to Anatolia and it is what it is, I'll stick to your information until I confirm the otherwise.

Nevertheless, deleting "Anatolia" from what I wrote, and re-writing it as "these lands" will be less contraversial and yet it will be as true as the previous one, because while I was translating what I remember, I was not sure "exactly" what was said (You caught me, TURKIC FALLACY!!! But you know us, the Turks...). And as I said, the person who said this can be Hrant Dink, and he identifies himself as an "Anatolian", as he also refers to Turks as Anatolian too. As a matter of fact, even your map shows some parts that Armenians used to live (Sivas, Kayseri) and yet it is in "Anatolia = Asia Minor". Anyways, I apologize for the "grave mistake" that I did about the territory boundaries.

On the other hand, if we concentrate on the "meaning" of what I wrote: You can find different maps for the "region" (I mean the same "region" that you presented in your map) from Turkish, Armenian, Greek, Kurdish sources. And be sure that all will intersect for some parts (I know that Turkish, Armenian and Kurdish ones will have a common intersection). However, since you are obssessed with the border issue, you looked at what I wrote as a declaration of territory, while it was a declaration of borderlessness (if there is such a word). A naive term that you probably are not capable of understanding/accepting with your obsession of race and territory.

Originally posted by Hellektor View Post
                [
                Brainwashed Turks repeat the following a hundred times a day, maybe, just maybe you'll see the light:

Armenia is not Anatolia.
                Armenia was NEVER part of Anatolia.
                Armenia is OUTSIDE Anatolia.
                Anatolia is OUTSIDE Armenia.
                Armenia has NEVER been inside Anatolia.
                Armenia has ALWAYS been outside Anatolia.
                Anatolia has NEVER included Armenia.
                Anatolia excludes Armenia.
                Armenia is excluded from Anatolia.
                Armenia and Anatolia are excluded from one another.
                Armenia and Anatolia are not included in the same region.
                Armenian western border touches the eastern border of Anatolia.
                Anatolian eastern border touches the western border of Armenia.
                When you are inside Anatolia you are OUTSIDE Armenia.
                When you are inside Armenia you are OUTSIDE Anatolia.
                Armenia and Anatolia are not the same.
                Anatolia and Armenia are not the same.
                Armenia and Anatolia are two DISTINCT geographical regions.
                There is a paragraph below of which you quoted, and it explains what I meant (If that will please you, change "Anatolia" in the text to whatever you want, it won't hurt the "meaning"):

Now, you are saying that it is Armenian land. I can name many families that they have been living there as long as they know themselves. With the Armenians when Armenians were still in Anatolia. We are talking about centuries here. So, if the issue is "motherland", it is their motherland as well. Now you say to those people "get the hell out of our land"? I'm sorry to say that it is not your land ALONE (please read again before bursting in anger). ALONE! Thus, you have no right to get rid of anyone living there. Of course, if you do not want to repeat what was done to you. You are preaching for what you are protesting.

And yet, you are shameless to treat me as if I do not understand what I read, while you are the one who is far from being able to comprehend a paragraph.

Last but not the least, if a light that will enlighten me would ever come from someone, it won't be you for sure, even you repeat what you say 1000 times more. Not because I cannot be enlightened, but because you are far from emitting a bit of light around you with your current mindset.

Comment

Originally posted by may View Post
                  I've just seen this post, sorry to respond late. I have just learned about the "real" borders of Anatolia from a map. But if you say Asia Minor is equal to Anatolia and it is what it is, I'll stick to your information until I confirm the otherwise.

Nevertheless, deleting "Anatolia" from what I wrote, and re-writing it as "these lands" will be less contraversial and yet it will be as true as the previous one, because while I was translating what I remember, I was not sure "exactly" what was said (You caught me, TURKIC FALLACY!!! But you know us, the Turks...). And as I said, the person who said this can be Hrant Dink, and he identifies himself as an "Anatolian", as he also refers to Turks as Anatolian too. As a matter of fact, even your map shows some parts that Armenians used to live (Sivas, Kayseri) and yet it is in "Anatolia = Asia Minor". Anyways, I apologize for the "grave mistake" that I did about the territory boundaries.
                  To some extent a thing becomes what it is called, so if 80 million Turks are taught, and believe, that all of Turkey (with the exception of the "European" part) is in "Anatolia", then all of Turkey is in Anatolia . But this Turkish "Anatolia" doesn't have an existence older than the 1920s. The territory of "Anatolia", when used in it historically correct sense, ends at the valley of the Kizilirmak river - anything east of that is, historically, "Armenia".
                  Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by may View Post

On the other hand, if we concentrate on the "meaning" of what I wrote: You can find different maps for the "region" (I mean the same "region" that you presented in your map) from Turkish, Armenian, Greek, Kurdish sources. And be sure that all will intersect for some parts (I know that Turkish, Armenian and Kurdish ones will have a common intersection). However, since you are obssessed with the border issue, you looked at what I wrote as a declaration of territory, while it was a declaration of borderlessness (if there is such a word). A naive term that you probably are not capable of understanding/accepting with your obsession of race and territory.

There is a paragraph below of which you quoted, and it explains what I meant (If that will please you, change "Anatolia" in the text to whatever you want, it won't hurt the "meaning"):

Now, you are saying that it is Armenian land. I can name many families that they have been living there as long as they know themselves. With the Armenians when Armenians were still in Anatolia. We are talking about centuries here. So, if the issue is "motherland", it is their motherland as well. Now you say to those people "get the hell out of our land"? I'm sorry to say that it is not your land ALONE (please read again before bursting in anger). ALONE! Thus, you have no right to get rid of anyone living there. Of course, if you do not want to repeat what was done to you. You are preaching for what you are protesting.

And yet, you are shameless to treat me as if I do not understand what I read, while you are the one who is far from being able to comprehend a paragraph.

Last but not the least, if a light that will enlighten me would ever come from someone, it won't be you for sure, even you repeat what you say 1000 times more. Not because I cannot be enlightened, but because you are far from emitting a bit of light around you with your current mindset.
                    I am taking a vacation from the board and yet I see this and I have to respond. I'm not being sarcastic here, but your entire post is a huge pile of fallacies.

My point is: Armenia is not Anatolia. The Turk has done everything, including changing place names, to erase any trace of the Armenian nation, the indigenous people of the Armenian Highland and also long present all over Anatolia, thousands of years before the nomadic ancestors of yours showed up this side of the Caspian and brought nothing but atrocity.

I am totally not obsessed with borders, Turks are and that’s why they constantly use the fallacious argument of the border changes of Armenia throughout history to deny its existence, as if no other country’s borders have changed through time.

As far as my avatar, it shows that part of Armenia we are entitled by international law, that part for which we have the deeds. It's good that the Wilson arbitration exists. This means we don't need any recognition to get this part back. Without it, every Armenian would draw a map of their own liking and would have to wait forever so that the Jew would give up the lever and allow the recognition of AG so that then and only then we could be allowed to demand territorial compensation, if they would permit, that is.

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
                      To some extent a thing becomes what it is called, so if 80 million Turks are taught, and believe, that all of Turkey (with the exception of the "European" part) is in "Anatolia", then all of Turkey is in Anatolia . But this Turkish "Anatolia" doesn't have an existence older than the 1920s. The territory of "Anatolia", when used in it historically correct sense, ends at the valley of the Kizilirmak river - anything east of that is, historically, "Armenia".
                      Well said Bells.

Welcome back Hellektor.
                      B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Working...
                      X