Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Pontian Genocide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pontian Genocide

I was quite surprised that the Armenian government has yet to recognize the Pontian Greek genocide. Greece was among the first nations to recognize the Armenian genocide. And Greek-Americans have always been quite vocal in our support of the US government’s recognition of the Armenian genocide, and we will continue to do so until full acknowledgment is achieved.

Armenians tend to know history very well. And although the Armenian people are empathetic to the Pontians, the politicians (being what politicians are) might not fully comprehend the will of the Armenian people. They must be made aware that acknowledging the Pontian genocide will not detract from the horror of what happened to the Armenians. It will broaden outsiders’ awareness of the hell Turkey was and might help to hasten Turkey’s acceptance of it’s past sins.

I entreat you to demand that your government officially recognize the unspeakable inhumanity that befell the Pontians. Let them know that the Armenian people do not only decry the crimes inflicted on them, but they condemn all such atrocities.

Re: Pontian Genocide

Gorgana, I agree….. politicians will be who they are but

We the Armenians do recognize the "Greek Genocide", its commemoration, and a death toll of 600,000 Greeks in Anatolia, in its first report to the Council of Europe. Also in May 2004 an event commemorating the Pontian Greek victims of the Greek Genocide was held in capitol of Armenia and was attended by "Greek ambassador to Armenia, Antonios Vlavianos other dignitaries and government officials including ordinary Armenians".

As far as I am concerned Greeks have always been and shall always remain our brothers in arm. Our bond was made by our ancient warriors blood……..and that my friend can never be broken.

Salute.
    B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
      Gorgana, I agree….. politicians will be who they are but

We the Armenians do recognize the "Greek Genocide", its commemoration, and a death toll of 600,000 Greeks in Anatolia, in its first report to the Council of Europe. Also in May 2004 an event commemorating the Pontian Greek victims of the Greek Genocide was held in capitol of Armenia and was attended by "Greek ambassador to Armenia, Antonios Vlavianos other dignitaries and government officials including ordinary Armenians".

As far as I am concerned Greeks have always been and shall always remain our brothers in arm. Our bond was made by our ancient warriors blood……..and that my friend can never be broken.

Salute.

But the country must officially recognize it. Many Americans also recognize the A.G but you want official recognition by the state.

Comment

Greek genocide? That is funny . Specially, when It is greece who paid compensantion for their brutality they did at anatolia.

It would be better for you to read lousane treaty.

As far as I am concerned Greeks have always been and shall always remain our brothers in arm.
        Blah blah blah. Read your own history.

Comment

Originally posted by merhayrenik View Post
          But the country must officially recognize it. Many Americans also recognize the A.G but you want official recognition by the state.
          Exactly. Although many Americans and American organizations (Greeks included) recognize the Armenian genocide, it is paramount that the US government officially recognizes it as well. And it would be an important step for humanity as a whole if the Armenian government officially recognized what happened to the Pontians

Comment

Originally posted by Palavra View Post
            Greek genocide? That is funny . Specially, when It is greece who paid compensantion for their brutality they did at anatolia.

I wish I could be so nonchalant over such atrocities. Let me guess, your lack of “education” is Turkish?

Comment

Originally posted by Palavra View Post

I read world history Palavra, real world history. Do you know what that is or you just consider Turkish history books as…….THE “Master Copy”.

Both Greeks and Armenians were tested in the face of evil but our bonds are greater than our failures to each other, this is something that does not concern anybody……especially the likes of Turks.
              Last edited by Eddo211; 03-17-2009, 09:09 PM.
              B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
                I read world history Palavra, real world history. Do you know what that is or you just consider Turkish history books as…….THE “Master Copy”.

Both Greeks and Armenians were tested in the face of evil but our bonds are greater than our failures to each other, this is something that does not concern anybody……especially the likes of Turks.
                Question to our extremely brainfilthy Eddo from a multibrainwashed and probably doesnt know what he is saying Turk:

While you recognize the millions of Genocides commited by Turks against Armenians (no offence), Greeks, Pontians, Assyrians, Kurds, Arabs, Pollacks, Bosnians, Serbs, Hungarian, Polish, Yezidis, Berbers, Palestinians, j.e.w.s, Georgians, Porgians, Red Indians, Chinese, Australian aboriginies and the millions of ants we destroy stepping on them every year... are there any Genocides that you acknowledge that involved the massacre of Turks?

Comment

Originally posted by gorgona View Post
                  I wish I could be so nonchalant over such atrocities. Let me guess, your lack of “education” is Turkish?
                  Listen my friend, you don't have to respond to EVERY piece of cow dung, there are so many if you decide to do so they you have to write 80 million replies.

Comment

Originally posted by hitite View Post
                    Question to our extremely brainfilthy Eddo from a multibrainwashed and probably doesnt know what he is saying Turk:

While you recognize the millions of Genocides commited by Turks against Armenians (no offence), Greeks, Pontians, Assyrians, Kurds, Arabs, Pollacks, Bosnians, Serbs, Hungarian, Polish, Yezidis, Berbers, Palestinians, j.e.w.s, Georgians, Porgians, Red Indians, Chinese, Australian aboriginies and the millions of ants we destroy stepping on them every year... are there any Genocides that you acknowledge that involved the massacre of Turks?
                    The definition of genocide is the deliberate and systematic destruction of an entire race or nation. This is not the same as violence committed in self-defense or in an attempt to liberate your home or family from an invader. Neither Greeks nor Armenians invaded Mongolia and proceeded to eradicate all evidence of Turkic people. Therefore, acts of violence against Turks cannot be considered genocide.

Comment

Working...
                    X