Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

.:The Road to Unity:.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: .:The Road to Unity:.

OK Saco, when you say community, do you mean a community per say of various website forums; in certain cities communities; or Dashnagtsagan, Ramgavar, Henchagyan, the Armenian Catholics, the Armenian Protestants or the Armenian Brethrens? And communities then from other nationalities as well I gather. Not just Armenians.
    I'm talking about real communities. Here's how it works. Say, your from Glendale, right? If another 30 members (minimum) are also from Glendale then I'll open a Glendale branch in the MyCommunity page. All of you will basically represent your "turf" and/or community (lol, I've turned this into GTA ). The best part about this system is that every community will want to be the best rated in C&A but to be the best, every community will have to do something virtually AND physically in the real world. I've got the virtual side completely covered and we're working on the physical side now.

Every community will have it's leader (not just anyone can become one) and I've come up with ways to keep EVERY community busy. At the end of the year, the TOP 3 communities will receive virtual and real prizes. I'll be handling that myself.

Also wouldn't it be very difficult but not impossible to gather Armenian names from all over the world? (7 - 8 million of them)? How are you going to get hold of community booklets for names if there is such booklets in the majority of the countries? Then every so often or at least yearly you have to update those names "deceased, newly born, etc."
    You misunderstood me Anoush jan. If an Armenian enters C&A then he/she will be able to add his/her name into our big book of names. If they do, they will virtually gain a lot of profit so basically I'm making sure that anyone will want to come into this site and decide to stay. I won't be collecting the names personally myself. We'll just ask all the Armenians that enter our site to give us their names. This seems like something small but trust me, it isn't. This list will allow Armenians from all over the world to stand together virtually if they can't physically. And this isn't the one and only way. The entire site is filled with lots of ways to keep everyone happy, entertained, and most importantly informed about their country, history, etc. except in a very easy way. They won't have to read tons of pages if they don't want to. We're aiming to make C&A more user-friendly then any site out there.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask Anoush jan.

By the way, I've got the petition in my hands and will send it to you Anoush jan. There were spelling errors and a few other problems but my sources told me that you don't need any legal knowledge to start a petition so here it is. Hope I could help.
    THE ROAD TO FREEDOM AND JUSTICE IS A LONG ONE!

Comment

Re: .:The Road to Unity:.

Originally posted by Icy View Post
      This may be off topic, but there are 14 million Armenians around the
      world.
      Actually, there is around 10-12 million Armenians in the whole world.

Comment

Working...
      X