Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!


2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.


- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.


8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian genocide resolution introduced in the U.S. Senate

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Re: Armenian genocide resolution introduced in the U.S. Senate

    I always see the irony in the Gallipoli services, Australia and NZ snuggle up to Turkey and say crap like "New Zealand soldiers had a great regard for the bravery and military skills of the Turks who fought in defence of their country" and "But as we reflect on this terrible episode, we are mindful that Gallipoli was also the cornerstone of more positive developments that could never have been foreshadowed in 1915." Yep the genocide was a really positive development, not.

    Comment


    • #32
      Re: Armenian genocide resolution introduced in the U.S. Senate

      Originally posted by hipeter924 View Post
      I always see the irony in the Gallipoli services, Australia and NZ snuggle up to Turkey and say crap like "New Zealand soldiers had a great regard for the bravery and military skills of the Turks who fought in defence of their country" and "But as we reflect on this terrible episode, we are mindful that Gallipoli was also the cornerstone of more positive developments that could never have been foreshadowed in 1915." Yep the genocide was a really positive development, not.
      Yah if concider that in Gallipoli more soldiers died of diarea than of bullets... it was truly "bravery and military skills of the Turks"
      Death or Freedom!

      Comment


      • #33
        Re: Armenian genocide resolution introduced in the U.S. Senate

        Originally posted by Mukuch View Post
        Yah if concider that in Gallipoli more soldiers died of diarea than of bullets... it was truly "bravery and military skills of the Turks"
        Well the Turks use Gallipoli as a piece of propaganda to show how Turks can develop good friendships with past enemies, and that Armenian's should form a friendship with Turkey too. Robert Fisk's reply (paraphrasing) was that was nice try but the Turks didn't genocide millions of Australians and New Zealanders including women and children.

        Comment


        • #34
          Re: Armenian genocide resolution introduced in the U.S. Senate

          Originally posted by Mukuch View Post
          Yah if concider that in Gallipoli more soldiers died of diarea than of bullets... it was truly "bravery and military skills of the Turks"
          Sadly there is an element of truth to this. Accordng to Erik Zürcher in his book "Between Death and Destruction (1996)", nearly seven times as many Turkish soldiers died of illness as died of wounds in actual combat. No other army in WW1 endured the same ratio of losess of their soldiers to disease versus the number lost in combat. The plight of the average Ottoman soldier was truly difficult, many having to survive on a handful of barley a day and without adequate medical treatment for their injuries. The Ottoman government was not only incompetent but callous as well, even towards its own soldiers.

          Comment


          • #35
            Re: Armenian genocide resolution introduced in the U.S. Senate

            Originally posted by Jos View Post
            Sadly there is an element of truth to this. Accordng to Erik Zürcher in his book "Between Death and Destruction (1996)", nearly seven times as many Turkish soldiers died of illness as died of wounds in actual combat. No other army in WW1 endured the same ratio of losess of their soldiers to disease versus the number lost in combat. The plight of the average Ottoman soldier was truly difficult, many having to survive on a handful of barley a day and without adequate medical treatment for their injuries. The Ottoman government was not only incompetent but callous as well, even towards its own soldiers.
            Well you forgot to mention that the allies were not in better shape... actually from military point of view it wasn’t a battle at all…. It was 2 armies fighting against diarrhea.
            And the winer was THE DIARHEA (means turks )
            Death or Freedom!

            Comment


            • #36
              Re: Armenian genocide resolution introduced in the U.S. Senate

              Originally posted by Mukuch View Post
              Well you forgot to mention that the allies were not in better shape... actually from military point of view it wasn’t a battle at all…. It was 2 armies fighting against diarrhea.
              And the winer was THE DIARHEA (means turks )
              Well the British officers were a bunch of colonial-hating idiots and nutcases, the only reason we won the highest peak for a brief period was because we played dirty and violated their orders and fought at night.

              Comment


              • #37
                Re: Armenian genocide resolution introduced in the U.S. Senate

                Originally posted by hipeter924 View Post
                Well the British officers were a bunch of colonial-hating idiots and nutcases, the only reason we won the highest peak for a brief period was because we played dirty and violated their orders and fought at night.
                That's a popular misconception made famous by Peter Weir's film 'Gallipoli'. Actually many British officers, particularly General Hamilton had a very high regard for the Australians, New Zealanders and Gurkhas for their fighting qualities. If you watched the film you may recall a British officer directing the third and fourth wave of a suicide charge by ANZAC soldiers. That officer wasn't British but in fact an Australian named Major Antill.

                And the reason why the English Officers didn't like to fight at night was because of their dependence on naval bombardments for artillery support that was most effective during the day when clear frontline boundaries could be established. The N.Z. soldiers had very little hope of holding onto to the peaks for long without heavy artillery support and in the face of a determined defender.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Re: Armenian genocide resolution introduced in the U.S. Senate

                  Well I think we went far from the subject of this thread....
                  Better open a new thread called "Diarhea and turkish "heroism"
                  Death or Freedom!

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X