Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Theology of Armenian Genocide?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theology of Armenian Genocide?

What is the Armenian understanding of the genocide they suffered in terms of how it relates to God?

Do they believe it was some sort of punishment God metes out to the nations He most loves?

I ask because J*e*w*s have struggled with the Holocaust and trying to understand God's role in those events.

Re: Theology of Armenian Genocide?

If I had to explain the cause of the Armenian Genocide through my religion, I'd explain it like this:

God has no role in this world. Adam was warned that this world would happen if we ate the "fruit of knowledge of good and bad." By eating that fruit, Adam deliberately disobeyed God and obeyed Satan. Since Adam was a free man, he had the right to choose who to follow. If religion is involved in the Armenian Genocide, God did not do it. Satan did. Satan controls the world. He is the source of all evil intentions within people, and he does this through demons and means we cannot fully understand. Since Satan wants to destroy Christianity, he has steered the world to do the opposite of everything God wants and Christianity teaches (to be good, and respectful). Preparing for the return of Jesus (as told by the Revelation), Satan started to get agitated in the near past, and with WWI, dealt his first major blow to the first Christian nation (Armenians). Then, he went on to eliminate the nation God created to write and spread his Word (which prophesied, and led to, the arrival of Christ) — Israelites. Satan has since been filling the world with sin at an exponential rate, until Jesus comes back and cleanses the universe of sin and its source, Satan.

This is a direct answer to your question, which was a Christian perspective on the cause of the Armenian Genocide. Of course, whether the reader, you, or I believe this is subjective.
    Last edited by SevSpitak; 11-19-2010, 10:03 PM.

Comment

God loves everyone the same because he created all of us, don’t understand why he should have favorites or chosen people like some claim.
      God paved the roads and gave us the manual how to drive on them, if we drive by his law and obey the rules, have respect to all other drivers, we shouldn’t have tragic accidents, but if we choose not to obey the law and ignore all the rules, drink, get stoned and drive as we choose to drive, we will have very tragic accidents, and because of one ignorant fool lots of innocent people will suffer the consequences. It’s is as simple as that! Than we come and say why God allows such tragic things happen.
      If everybody listen to God’s words and not to twist it to fit their evil agendas the world will be much better place to live in, but if we ignore them anything can happen, even Genocides and much worst.
      I need to say this too though, there are evil forces that purposely try disrupt Gods rules and laws and show dangerous shortcuts to people.

Comment

All religion is created by man, has its root in ignorance and superstition and has nothing to do with god whether it/she/he exists or not. A few milliseconds direct exposure to gamma ray emanating from a dying star turned supernova from several thousands of light years distance can destroy life on our planet. The galaxy Andromeda containing over two hundred billion stars (i.e. suns, i.e. possible worlds with intelligent life forms) is heading towards our Milky Way (with about a hundred billion stars) at an unbelievable speed of several thousands of kilometers per hour and will eventually collide with our galaxy millions of years later. Just imagine the amount of destruction in terms of worlds this event will result in till the two are merged and form a single galaxy with less possibility of the generation of stars, i.e. eventual death of the resulting galaxy billions of years later.

WTF has god to do with all this? For this same god's sake, guys, just take all the Jew mythology gobbledygook of Adam and Eve, Noah, Abraham, Moses, etc. for what it is: Mythology.

Comment

Funny, asking how the genocide relates to God is triggering a metaphysical symposium among Armenians.

The laws of God are the laws of nature. How willing one is one to grasp and humble oneself to those laws, when they cling to petty ideals of identity? The Armenians who perished during the genocide saw God... reality as it really is, in an excruciatingly painful, often humiliating way... Because Armenians were killed for their identity, something God, and nature, does not understand in my opinion.

God is beside you at all times, from before you are born, when the amino acids that form your DNA are still in the muscle mass of animals which will eventually be slaughtered by humans and sold to your parents for eating... to when the carbon atoms of your body are constantly being collected into your lungs, soon to be ejected out of your body and returning back into the world outside of you as you prepare for another penetration of the atmosphere into your body through your mouth... to finally when you "die"... or so you think. To form an identity and figure out God and his treatment of our race that way dismisses too much of who we are as creatures of God to begin with.
          Last edited by jgk3; 11-27-2010, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X