Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

How should we approach the denial of the genocide?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What can be done for the denial of the genocide?

STOP PROTESTING every 24th of April. What good is that doing other than media coverage? Big freakin deal. In reality, no odar really cares for it.

If you want REAL results for this issue at hand, I suggest that those same kids and/or individuals that do protest (and put up Armenian flags on their cars as if there was a soccer game going on) to work more closly with ANCA and/or form other lobbying groups in the U.S.

I mean, we're trying to be effective on a small scale (Protests ) If you want the U.S. to recognize it, you have to be able to reach as many politicians and odars as you can and lobby lobby lobby......... whenever you can. This goes for all the other countries in the world. Not just the U.S.

As someone mentioned earlier, more groups should be formed to work towards recognition of the genocide. Heck, why don't the Armenians that have made "so much" money and are comfortable driving in Glendale in their salvaged Benzes, BMWs, or Lexus put up the money collectively to form something like this. ALSO, these groups should not only accept Armenians as members but other cultures that are willing to help our cause AS WELL.

Can you imagine? If through lobbying we reach every school in this country and have it in every history books with a big emphasis on "ITS STILL IN DENIAL BY THE TURKISH GOVERNMENT." You know how many people will feel our cause?

I also propose that many Armenian historians attend these so called Turkish debates on the Genocide and educate the Turkish people as well with a big emphasis on that IT WAS THEIR PREVIOUS GOVERNMENT. It's not surprising, but there really are many Turks in Turkey that are for our cause as well. If we can reach them, they will in turn reach others and others.... it's all like a big network.

Just a few ideas and emotions I've held within me for quite some time now. Since this is a pretty productive thread, ignore the ideas you disagree with and expand on the ones you do agree with so we get a lot more great ideas developing.

Comment

As long as its not those that worked with Tarc ey, lol.
      I agree if more youth got involved ten days a year instead of one, we could move mountains as they say.

Comment

Originally posted by Genuine_Stud
        What can be done for the denial of the genocide?

STOP PROTESTING every 24th of April. What good is that doing other than media coverage? Big freakin deal. In reality, no odar really cares for it.

If you want REAL results for this issue at hand, I suggest that those same kids and/or individuals that do protest (and put up Armenian flags on their cars as if there was a soccer game going on) to work more closly with ANCA and/or form other lobbying groups in the U.S.

I mean, we're trying to be effective on a small scale (Protests ) If you want the U.S. to recognize it, you have to be able to reach as many politicians and odars as you can and lobby lobby lobby......... whenever you can. This goes for all the other countries in the world. Not just the U.S.

As someone mentioned earlier, more groups should be formed to work towards recognition of the genocide. Heck, why don't the Armenians that have made "so much" money and are comfortable driving in Glendale in their salvaged Benzes, BMWs, or Lexus put up the money collectively to form something like this. ALSO, these groups should not only accept Armenians as members but other cultures that are willing to help our cause AS WELL.

Can you imagine? If through lobbying we reach every school in this country and have it in every history books with a big emphasis on "ITS STILL IN DENIAL BY THE TURKISH GOVERNMENT." You know how many people will feel our cause?

I also propose that many Armenian historians attend these so called Turkish debates on the Genocide and educate the Turkish people as well with a big emphasis on that IT WAS THEIR PREVIOUS GOVERNMENT. It's not surprising, but there really are many Turks in Turkey that are for our cause as well. If we can reach them, they will in turn reach others and others.... it's all like a big network.

Just a few ideas and emotions I've held within me for quite some time now. Since this is a pretty productive thread, ignore the ideas you disagree with and expand on the ones you do agree with so we get a lot more great ideas developing.
        I entirely agree. I find it unfortunate that these thoughts are not shared by our so-called Armenian "leadership" in the Diaspora. We have limited resources, so we have to use them strategically. Also, we should be more active in local political parties rather than Armenian political parties. Instead of being active in the Dashnak, Hunchak or Ramkavar parties, Armenians should be active in the Republican and Democratic parties, so that they could influence policies. We are wasting out time bickering among ourselves.

Comment

The thing is we don't really have Armenian community leaders that people ould look up to, which we sorely need. Another thing we need is Armenians in the media. I know that sounds shallow but it's true. No one gives a xxxx about Armenians... but people give a xxxx about System of a Down, which is why every non-Armenian fan of the band I talk to KNOW to some degree about Armenian history and specifically the Genocide. Again, it sounds silly and cliche, but what kind of Army of supporters could we build with, for example, a mainstream rap group comprised of Armenians? or mainstream actors that people look up to and find attractive? If we have fans, we have supporters.. problem is we're not giving them anything to be fans of.

Look, for the most part we're just seeing in the first generation of American Armenians turning around 20 soon. We;'re becoming ewstablished in this land. We need to slip our fingers into the media, into politics, we need to weild america like a sword. you guys make fun of the Jews for doing it, but there's nothing wrong with it. Both Israel and Armenia have NOTHING to offer the U.S. except support from a small group of citizens who live here and GIVE A xxxx.

My mom is an accountant and has many Jewish clients. Every SINGLE one of her clients buys Israel Bonds. How many of us have Armenian Bonds? do Armenian bonds even exist? We're becoming established in this country... let's use that influence, and in less then 50 years see what us and our children can accomplish... asumming of course there still is an Armenia in 50 years, considering what the Azeris are saying... *grumbles* xxxxsuckers...
          "All I know is I'm not a Marxist." -Karl Marx

Comment

Working...
          X