Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Ottoman Archives...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ottoman Archives...

Enough diaspora... Lets read some real papers...
    Question to brainless diaspora freak: where are your archives?

Quite a joke - these are not archives - they are a Turkish after the fact politically motivated analysis that does not hold up to any scholarly overview - pathetic really.

Do you not understand that the more you craft such denial the worse your (no) "case" actually gets? These things may fool the ignorant - but all of this has already been thorougly analised. Aparently you and those pushing this lack the sophistication to understand how the actual Genocide was undertaken - with secret orders to party aparatus - and these "we are taking good care of the Armenains" type of thing was a cover to attempt to whitewash these henious acts to the world - BTW - no one was buying it - and not even (Ottoman allies) the Germans. Consult their archives for the true story. As the actions and results of the Genocide - and admissions and documentary evidence have already been collected to show all of this explanatory stuff was just a whitewash - I really don't see the point of you trumpiting it here again. Don't you understand what you are doing? You are now accomplice to the Genocide and a laughing stock to boot.

Comment

I'm showing you the real archive site of government "gov.tr" and you calling them propaganda

What can i say.... I think you are the one of the farrrr ignorant of all

Comment

Anything ending in .tr is the work of the devil.

Comment

Originally posted by thinktwice
          I'm showing you the real archive site of government "gov.tr" and you calling them propaganda

What can i say.... I think you are the one of the farrrr ignorant of all
          You are obvioulsy unaware of the controversy surrounding the suposed openings of the Ottoman Archives that have been announced on numerous occasions begining in 1985. The government restrictions that Turkey has imposed - to include denial of access to whole sections and selective release to those it favors etc - are not considered "open" by academia. Additionally Turkey has barred several researchers it felt were digging up things it didn't want shared and established severe access restrictions and denial of access to others. Additionally all documents have to be pre-screened and portions are exised etc. SO no - Ottoman archives are not "open" in any real sense of the word. And what is provided here is analysis done by pro-Turkish (obviously) source and not actual archive material per se. And publishing the public orders that claim that Ottoman's were taking care of Armenains and were planning to return property -etc - as proof od such - - yeah...

Comment

Oh yeah and you are aware of archive investigations in 1985 right? Actually you were there when Turks making preparations right?

Maybe you can tell me which parts didn't consider to "open" by academia?

And you are telling me that we are giving you wrong archives and twisting everything, writing whole history again in archives? omg you are ignorant of all the time...

Come on show me your archives... do you have any on web? Come on...
            Last edited by thinktwice; 05-09-2005, 08:17 AM.

Comment

NothinkTurk - you are such an idiot

Comment

No Brain No Gain Armenian...

Lets do some research...

First we see author Ara Sarafian.
                Ara Sarafian is an Armenian editor/compiler and founder of Gomidas Institute.

When we look at Gomidas Institute (located in UK) books they are all about so-called genocide nice archive of 10 books or so for diaspora (didn't find any Turk's or supporter's books in UK originated Institute strange...)

Lets check out some history of Ara Sarafian before going deeper in his fable...

From his writings (Nov/Dec 2001 An Interview with Historian Ara Sarafian by Jason Sohigian)

"Although I was not working on the Genocide, I still found a critical absence of materials."
                It's so strange one Armenian not working on genocide and i think he was just passing by from Ottoman Archives. maybe someone should ask him what was he investigating there? And one other question... could he read archives and does he know Ottoman Empire's national language because we know it was arabic-persian mixed language (title of book do not prove me anything)...

"As you know, in the last few years, I have been working with Vincent Lima in developing the Gomidas Institute and its flagship journal, Armenian Forum. The institute organizes seminars, lectures, and exhibitions, screens films, promotes scholarship, and publishes books. In fact, the Gomidas Institute has become the largest publisher of English-language books related to Armenians."
                We see Sarafian is great historian of Turks and Armenians right? What we know is real historian look at all sides of a story, and convey their results in a dispassionate way. Do you feel Sarafian is unbiased. No i don't think so...

"Regarding the available materials that I have seen, there are some good records to work with--if you know what you are looking for--but the archives have certainly been vetted and collections remain incomplete. Much material on the Genocide has simply not been declassified, despite the promises of the Turkish state to make such records readily available to researchers. Sometimes entire categories of records are inaccessible even though they are listed in the archives' catalogues"
                I know how is he looking to archives. Just looking for any piece of clue to twist but he couldn't even find it because Ottoman Archives solid as rock and they are writing "Tehcir" not genocide in any means. And empire didn't have to declassify so-called genocide. Ottoman archives just writing revolts and judgement of rebellion people since 1877.

See diaspora? There is a medallion and how is Ara Sarafian looking...

If Ottoman Archives are there and opened common they cannot be false or rewritten right? You say they are not widely opened... and you have denial everytime right? I want to ask you Armenians, where are your armenian and your supporters widely opened archives? To be honest ask yourself... is it fair?

I'll further investigate his fable "Ottoman Archives Debate" soon. And be right back diaspora...

Comment

A so-called "Turk" proves that no genocide took place. I'm shocked.

Since you already seem to have all the answer, why do you still come here, think 100 times before opening your big mouth? You know you can't convince Armenians with your so-called "proof", so why bother wasting your time on them?

Comment

Why are Turks always the evil ones? That's my question.

Comment

Working...
                    X